• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bigfoot DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
“To state the obvious, no data or analyses are presented that in any way support the claim that their samples come from a new primate or human-primate hybrid. Instead, analyses either come back as 100% human, or fail in ways that suggest technical artifacts. They make the bizarre claim that the failures might be caused by novel, nonstandard structure of the DNA (“Electron micrographs of the DNA revealed unusual double strand – single strand – double strand transitions which may have contributed to the failure to amplify during PCR.”) which would mean this DNA was different from DNA in all other known species. There’s also the strange statement they couldn’t deposit sequences in GenBank because it’s a new/unknown taxon — GenBank does that no problem.”

“The tree in Fig 16 is inconsistent with known primate phylogeny and generally makes no sense.”

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2013/02/what-do-geneticists-think-of-the-bigfoot-paper/
 
You know, this make-up-your-own-journal stuff is actually a lot more pathetic an ending than I predicted for this silliness. I was skeptical that there was a paper at all, but if there was one and if it ever got published, I assumed it would go to Meldrum's journal or something in an obscure Russian or Chinese format. I never imagined that they would sink so low as to invent their own journal to get this thing "published". That's really no different than "publishing" it as a post on one's blog.

Aren't we witnessing a debacle of epic proportions? A hot mess mix of scientific wannabeism, footie hoaxing and apparent financial ruin. However, a book/movie deal could save the day!
 
Princeton my Butt! doesn't know Angel DNA when he sees it!

so Leonid Kruglyak, a well known and highly respected Princeton University geneticist wrote:

“stuff deleted... They make the bizarre claim that the failures might be caused by novel, nonstandard structure of the DNA (“Electron micrographs of the DNA revealed unusual double strand – single strand – double strand transitions which may have contributed to the failure to amplify during PCR.”) which would mean this DNA was different from DNA in all other known species."

Thats it, the smoking gun! Melba has scanning electron Micrographs of Angel DNA! D#$%ned princeton egghead doesn't even know magic when it bites him on the butt!

seriously guys, this is left over from the drafts where Melba was claiming Angel DNA, she just removed the verbage, the dialog is still there "supporting" her claim!

Princeton egghead also wrote"There’s also the strange statement they couldn’t deposit sequences in GenBank because it’s a new/unknown taxon — GenBank does that no problem.”

You guys already knew that, we are still waiting for OS to put up his 10 grand , to back up this claim, that he and his buddies parrotted from Melba! I doubt if a single one of them has even seen the front page of GenBank, let alone use it
CWB
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't bet 10 grand on her DNA study.The people involved in the study probably wouldn't do it either. I think it's clear to everyone now that Dr. Ketchum exaggerated the quality of her science. She claimed it is the best science America has to offer, but gives the opposite. Plus she self-published. With that being said though, it's not a total fail. I think it's still a step in the right direction. Her conclusion on what Sasquatch is has some merit and there's still one more DNA study that is in the works right now.
 
I wouldn't bet 10 grand on her DNA study.The people involved in the study probably wouldn't do it either. I think it's clear to everyone now that Dr. Ketchum exaggerated the quality of her science. She claimed it is the best science America has to offer, but gives the opposite. Plus she self-published. With that being said though, it's not a total fail. I think it's still a step in the right direction. Her conclusion on what Sasquatch is has some merit and there's still one more DNA study that is in the works right now.

So the DNA was a little bit sasquatch? Something either is or isn't.....where it gets FUBAR'ed is in knowing what you are looking at. I would say the veterinarian who is allergic to animals published an epic fail.
 
Her conclusion on what Sasquatch is has some merit and there's still one more DNA study that is in the works right now.

Her conclusion couldn't be derived from her data, so yes it is a total fail.

ETA: Though I must admit that the debacle is some of the funniest **** I've seen in long while.
 
Last edited:
You know, this make-up-your-own-journal stuff is actually a lot more pathetic an ending than I predicted for this silliness. I was skeptical that there was a paper at all, but if there was one and if it ever got published, I assumed it would go to Meldrum's journal or something in an obscure Russian or Chinese format. I never imagined that they would sink so low as to invent their own journal to get this thing "published". That's really no different than "publishing" it as a post on one's blog.

A good guess is that the paper was written solely to satisfy the fool who funded TheMelba and the made up journal is a way to get fool bleevers to spend $30?

BTW....how is this going over @ BFF? Are they buying it?
 
I wouldn't bet 10 grand on her DNA study..

Now now OS, lets make sure we are being honest here. The 10 grand was a specific offer. You reported here, accurately, that Melba made the claim that GenBank would not allow them to deposit their sequences in GenBank, because it had no "species". That "fact " was reported ad infinitum by believers, including you.

I called BS on it. And to make sure I was not "just making stuff up" I offered to prove to you , or anyone else willing to put their money where their mouth was, that I could indeed put unlabelled sequence on Genbank . My proposal was simple:
both of us put up 10 grand! give me one week! I get an unlabelled sequence accepted, I take your money. But if Melbas right, and it can't be done, or even if it can be done but I am too incompetent to do it, you walk away with my 10 grand.
Tell Melba, she ought to be willing to gamble Wallys money!

In case you never figured it out OS, she made that claim because she knows if she actually posts the files of the data, as required by scientific journals BTW, but if she posts that, within 24 hours there will be 10 - 12 real genetic anthropologists, biologists etc who will have demonstrated that her analysis was completely wrong!

she knows it, too bad you don't!

CWB
 
If you get 5000 footers to pay 30 bucks a piece for the paper that nets her $150,000 on this, after taxes ( something she has had issues paying in the past), she might end up with $80,000. I bet we don't see those files for quiet awhile.
 
I wouldn't bet 10 grand on her DNA study.The people involved in the study probably wouldn't do it either. I think it's clear to everyone now that Dr. Ketchum exaggerated the quality of her science. She claimed it is the best science America has to offer, but gives the opposite. Plus she self-published. With that being said though, it's not a total fail. I think it's still a step in the right direction. Her conclusion on what Sasquatch is has some merit and there's still one more DNA study that is in the works right now.

IOW "I think there's a Squatch in those genes".
 
You know, I used to think this would end up on the same level as Alien Autopsy, unfortunately, it came in below par.
 
Hold on -The name of the editor of the made-up journal that published this made-up bigfoot paper is . . . "Ray Wallace"?

Does irony get more scrumptious than this?
^Time does tell, but the true believers just keep muddling on as if it never did.
Again, the editor is "Ray Wallace"?
:D You're crackin me up. Apparently "Ray Wallace" it is. That's 'scrumptious' irony beating itself in the head.

As to your wisdom, it couldn't have been said better. So I'll go ahead and spoil the moment by expounding on it. :p

Seriously, I think every Bigfooter with enough sense to close his eyes when a beach bully kicks sand in them needs to contemplate that truth. The PGF, arguably the cornerstone of the entire Bigfoot 'movement', is 46 YEARS old. By what intelligent standard (relative to our lifetime) is that not a remarkable amount of unproductive 'time passage' (and still ticking) between 'cornerstones' of Popular Bigfooting? Time doesn't need to tell anymore, it's already told.
 
You know, I used to think this would end up on the same level as Alien Autopsy, unfortunately, it came in below par.

It is pretty bad the way they are trying to get this BF junk DNA shoved in the door, but let them try, it is going to end up exactly like the Alien Autopsy, it will have no recognition as being real and will be laughed at and forever thrown into the good hoax circulation, along with the rest of the crypto myths that have acquired circus status because of overkill.

Bigfoot has been moved from remotely possible to completely comical with this brilliant endeavor.

Be careful What You Wish For ​

Tim :)
 
And be careful who you f*** with, footers are no joke, they are almost as bad as scientologists
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom