• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread BBC news reporting

It's not getting on my while horse. There was an insinuation in your post that was stupidly ridiculous. Followed by a clear rejection that you didn't seem to understand. Which itself is doubling down on the previous stupidity.
In complete seriousness, I don't know how you got to this inference.

What insinuation do you think I made, and in which post? What rejection do you think was clear (I won't disagree that I didn't understand it). What previous stupidity did I double down on?
 
No he didn't. He pointed out that the government's optimistic claims were rubbish and that the war was stuck in a bloody deadlock.
You got it wrong too. The Tet Offensive was a failure, and it broke the insurgency. South Vietnam later fell to a conventional invasion from the North after we abandoned them, but the insurgency within South Vietnam largely ended after the Tet Offensive.
 
You got it wrong too. The Tet Offensive was a failure, and it broke the insurgency. South Vietnam later fell to a conventional invasion from the North after we abandoned them, but the insurgency within South Vietnam largely ended after the Tet Offensive.
My understanding is that it was a tactical failure but a strategic (political) victory.
 
My understanding is that it was a tactical failure but a strategic (political) victory.
Why was it a political victory? In part because Cronkite (and others) helped make it one, by portraying it as a tactical victory.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom