• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Assistance required for telepathy proof

It would be a good idea to only tune the TV receivers to sedate programs like natural world etc or used controlled footage so as not to stress the receiver by showing violent films or films with sexual images which may cause an erroneous GSR response!


So here's a problem: pretty much all television programmes are deliberately made to be to some extent entertaining, so they'll pretty much all have something in them that provokes a response (if you think "natural world" programmes don't include sex or violence you're sadly misinformed, by the way - do you imagine they film animals sitting around doing nothing?), so you could quite possibly be able to tell what programme they were watching by observing how they responded to events in the programme, without anything 'paranormal' being involved.
 
Golfy, why bother with a test? We'll all just lie about it and say that you failed anyway.
 
Why don't you start with a "self-test" and report back, something like this.

You can buy a GSR online for 75 bucks that sends out a signal to an earphone. (Or perhaps you have access to a better machine.) Put two TVs in a room back to back with the sound turned off. Have a friend pick a channel and then put the remote out of reach so he can't change it. You listen for the signal through the earphone. Then you flick through the channels and write down which one he's watching. When you're done, check out the friend's channel setting, compare it to what you've written. Maybe try this a few times and let us know the results.

This won't meet the JREF requirements for control, but they always encourage applicants to make private trials to iron out any bugs.

That is a very good suggestion - I will put it forward to my friend and see how we go. This is exactly the type of comment I was hoping for by putting possible protocols etc on a forum, not just a lot of irrelevant criticism.

golfy
 
I haven't the first clue why a person's GSR should rise when the thoughts he's hearing in his head match the images he's watching on TV. If anything, I would expect that the person would become more relaxed since instead of hearing dissonance, he is now hearing stereo.

However, I do know why you've chosen to change your protocol: people here are getting tired of you. You can't stand being ignored. This is abnormal but it is not unfixable. Get help today.

You can ignore me all you want, I am only going to take notice of people who make constructive comments that are worth perusing. The final protocol can be fine tuned later once real life indications of telepathy existing has been reached. I think you are getting tired of me not taking notice of peoples negative comments as it shows them that they have a lack of control over me by using derogatory means and therefore cannot win that was so they tire my relentless rejection of their posts. You are quite welcome to not post if you don’t have anything constructive to say concerning the next step towards proving I am telepathic. I will only get to the place I want to be by ignoring ignorant criticism and accepting positive comments which actually help. It's called being focused on the goal, not being a loser or puppet etc.

golfy
 
you need to learn the difference between negativity, and realistic commentary.

You aren't going to get where you want to be by ignoring useful advice just because it means you have to consider something you don't like.
 
you need to learn the difference between negativity, and realistic commentary.

You aren't going to get where you want to be by ignoring useful advice just because it means you have to consider something you don't like.

So can you explain how I take a step forward without ignoring this comment bearing in mind my protocol takes the lying into account by using a GSR or polygraph.

"Golfy, why bother with a test? We'll all just lie about it and say that you failed anyway."

golfy
 
Last edited:
So canyou explain how I take a step forward without ignoring this comment bearing in mind my protocol takes the lying into account by using a GSR or polygraph.

"Golfy, why bother with a test? We'll all just lie about it and say that you failed anyway."

golfy
The simple answer is you can't; GSR/polygraphs have been proven to be flawed devices and thus introduce a level of error that can not be ignored.

If you want to "take a step forward", develop a protocol that does not rely on such devices.
 
Last edited:
So can you explain how I take a step forward without ignoring this comment bearing in mind my protocol takes the lying into account by using a GSR or polygraph.

"Golfy, why bother with a test? We'll all just lie about it and say that you failed anyway."

golfy

Well, I didn't say you had to take every comment into account, now, did I?
There have been several helpful posts here about how to consider if not eliminate things like confirmation bias, and those are the ones you should revisit.
 
So can you explain how I take a step forward without ignoring this comment bearing in mind my protocol takes the lying into account by using a GSR or polygraph.

"Golfy, why bother with a test? We'll all just lie about it and say that you failed anyway."


I can.

You have claimed that everyone can hear your thoughts but everyone lies about it. You want to prove that you are telepathic by wining the MDC.

However, if everyone lies about hearing your thoughts, it seems reasonable to assume that everyone will lie about whether you proved they can hear your thoughts. Taking the MDC gains you nothing because the JREF and all the people involved have the same motivation to deny that you have telepathy as every other person on earth including your own friends.

So, this comment highlights a serious weakness in your protocol. It shows that using a lie detector or GSR machine will not eliminate the fear that the recipient will lie. This is because the JREF, the testers and the witnesses will also lie about what the test showed.

Thus, you should examine why you believe all people lie about your powers. Eliminate the cause of your belief and you eliminate both the need to use a lie detector and the problem of the testers lying about the results, as well.

Or do you have a reason to believe the testers will be honest even though you know the recipients won't?
 
I'll look in again next week. Maybe by then we'll have the kittens pics, or some recipes for scrumptious meals. Or perhaps some humdinger drink recipes. For all you movers and shakers out there, I'm interested in mixed drinks in which a main ingredient is vodka. :)

M.
 
I'll look in again next week. Maybe by then we'll have the kittens pics, or some recipes for scrumptious meals. Or perhaps some humdinger drink recipes. For all you movers and shakers out there, I'm interested in mixed drinks in which a main ingredient is vodka. :)

M.

Perhaps not very original but... it does the trick.
 
Like others before me, I'm just wondering what use this telepathic ability would actually be to a person, especially one that everyone so far seems to be able to easily ignore.

Let's say Golfy actually finds a protocol to prove this ability... Then what? Legions of people will beat a path to his door so he can make them think the word "duck" at will?

This is a serious question. Of what practical use can this ability be, Golfy?
 
Like others before me, I'm just wondering what use this telepathic ability would actually be to a person, especially one that everyone so far seems to be able to easily ignore.

Let's say Golfy actually finds a protocol to prove this ability... Then what? Legions of people will beat a path to his door so he can make them think the word "duck" at will?

This is a serious question. Of what practical use can this ability be, Golfy?
Are you kidding? I could win a fortune playing poker if Golfy would help me.

He would stand behind me and see my hand and transmit the cards to me telepathically. My thoughts and actions would then deny that I have those cards. I would be totally unreadable by the other players!

IXP
 
Are you kidding? I could win a fortune playing poker if Golfy would help me.

He would stand behind me and see my hand and transmit the cards to me telepathically. My thoughts and actions would then deny that I have those cards. I would be totally unreadable by the other players!

IXP
You forgot about the other part of his supposed ability-the part where it causes everyone to lie about receiving his messages. This works out in your favor, because you could deny that you received the help and keep his half of the winnings!
 
So can you explain how I take a step forward without ignoring this comment bearing in mind my protocol takes the lying into account by using a GSR or polygraph.
First off the problem that the JREF has with using the polygraph is that the protocols you put forward rely on the polygraph readouts as proof.

You are not testing telepathy, you are testing polygraphs.

Now, you MIGHT be able to pursuade JREF to allow polygraph if you say that YOUR interpretation of the readouts and not the readouts themselves are the proof. That is, you read the read outs and say, "In Test 1 it was word No.5. In Test 2 it was word No.7" etc. It is your answers Test 1:5, Test 2:7 that are compared with the order of the words read out in the 10 tests.

Two problems with the polygraph.

First.
If your protocol relies on a polygraph expert deciding where the relevant spikes are, you can claim that his interpretation is wrong. Your "get out" when the experiment fails. Or indeed you could claim that he is lying. Proof being that you forced JREF to acknowledge people lie when you are telegraphing thoughts.

Second.
Even if your interpretations are the results tested, you can claim that the receiver is still deceiving you, as follows.

You state that if the word you are thinking is "Brian", that a spike in the polygraph will be sufficient for you to determine if the receiver is telling the truth or not

The Q/A session goes like this,

Q "Was the word Brian?"
A "No."
Q "Are you lying"
A "No."

(indeed, if you are correct, two spikes in this case)

What you have not thought about is if the person really IS deceitful. Then the scenario is (word still "Brian",

Q "Was the word Water?"
A "Yes."
Q "Are you lying"
A "No."

Now, taking your presupposition that you did indeed project the words into the receivers head, you are faced with 2 sets of spikes, both of which are "lies".

In this scenario, you are not in a position to determine which of the spikes identifies the word you projected, only that you think the receiver has lied twice.

Again, this presents a "get out" for you, thus the polygraph readout protocol you have presented so far is flawed.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom