Let's be clearer, here. Is there a free market? I wasn't aware of one.
What do you mean by this question? Last I checked most of us live in free societies with free markets.
So they're/you're not buying at a discount and marking up, but buying at a wholesale price and finding as many people downline as you can to buy at slightly less discounts. Perhaps too fine a point in your world, but a considerable one where I sit.
So a potential 25% "wholesale markup" is a "fine line"? It can be a very profitable fine line.
No, I believe you're talking about Bizarro World Amway.
In other words, you're accusing me of being a liar - you believe the only reason anyone would by Amway products is because they've been conned.
But that's where we differ, once again. I feel the Amway business is not about products. It's about enlarging your personal pyramid so that you get others to send in those checks.
Sorry? Do you actually believe Amway works by getting people to send you checks? No wonder you think it's a pyramid. You are wildly misinformed.
It's ultimately *all* about products. Recruit a million people, nobody buys any products, you make zero. Zip. Zada. Zot. $0
It's all about products
but I (as opposed to "you") feel that any number of people have shown in this and the other thread and on the hated JoeCool's website, that the "good price" is a sales ploy.
Funny how I have price comparisons showing price competitiveness, with supporting links, and nobody responded to them at all. Yet some anonymous blogger has authority?
I think I'll do another "anatomy of deceit" blog post on JoeCool's bogus "comparsion", but in short, let's look at what he does. Amway manufactures over 450 products. In his price comparison he selects just one of them. The rest a manufactured by other companies. Of those 3rd party brands, most are for the convenience of Amway members, not for resale. Yet he doesn't use the Amway member price.
Of the one product he picks that Amway does manufacture, he compares Double X, a fairly exclusive, premium product - the "ferarri of vitamins" - with a CostCo generic multivitamin -
Double X (31 day supply) $78.05
Multi Vitamins (3 month supply) $24.80 (At Costco)
One has no need to question his agenda, when he *could* have instead done this -
Nutrilite Daily Multivitamin (6 month supply) $22.49
Multi Vitamins (3 month supply) $24.80 (At Costco)
The Amway Daily Multivitamin is *cheaper* for twice as much! (and IMO clearly better).
But he instead picks another product to compare. Why is that do you think?
You create a buzz/a need in the consumer's mind and they buy at hugely inflated prices.
Yup, cheaper than the costco product of worse quality.
Did you know the Chinese eat scorpions barbecued on a stick?
Will buy back stretchers?
Skin whiteners?
Resorting to some form of racism now are we? Amway is also very successful in Japan and South Korea. I guess you can have fun with that fact too.
I wish someone had the time to examine the bona fides of all those organizations awarding and nominating them.
I wish you had the time to.
Examine the bona fides of JoeCool why you're at it.
Not one of them wanted to sell me the damned soap.
Silly them. I'm more than happy to sell you the soap.
I found them not lacking. I did not find them to be worth 30 to 50% more than you would pay in a large supermarket/superstore.
The household products are highly concentrated. They can cost 30-50% more at face value, but if you use them correctly they are generally cheaper.
50 years already has.