Bottom line, you yourself have admitted people make money from tools.
Yes, and that's never been a secret, at least in the organisation I joined with. Heck, I would have been surprised if people didn't make money off the tools - indeed I'd find it outright bizarre! People are producing and selling something and not making money? Hullo! Especially when these people are associated with a company which is a major supporter of "free enterprise".
In any case, it hasn't been a secret within Amway as a whole for well over a decade. You get told before you join.
Due to the nature of these materials and the poor Amway compensation plan it's clear that the yachts of the diamonds are coming from tools and not from the Amway business itself ($150k a year isn't very much money these days).
Name me one Diamond with a yacht that couldn't be bought on $150k/yr income, on top of anything else you might be doing.
Now, you said "Diamond", so I don't want to hear about people who are actually Double Diamonds, or Crowns or whatever. It was reported several years ago that the average income for Founders Executive Diamond and above was something like $1.5million a year. That can't buy a nice runabout? please ....
Name me one Diamond with a yacht that couldn't be bought on $150k/yr income. Heck, lets even pretend they have no other jobs or incomes - and why wouldn't they?
Sure there are distributors who make money from the products but that profit is dwarfed by the tools. As a diamond you would have to be an absolute fool not to make a few hundred thousand a year from tools if you have 5000 distributors in your organization.
Amazing - you claim it's a scam, but if your're not scamming people then you must be a fool! That says a lot more about you than about anyone else.
Anyway you simply can't dismiss my experience.
I never did. I just said you can't generalize your experience over the dozens of different major sytems and thousands of individual diamonds and above.
I've had experience with multiple tools systems and I was plugged into several diamonds who RAN THEIR OWN SYSTEMS. I know how much money they were making and it was INSANELY HUGE.
As I said, that kind of setup is where people were making big money. But your claiming Diamonds who are not running their own system (which is by FAR the majority) are also making this money. It makes no sense.
None of your points address the main question of where all of the money goes. With MULTIPLE STATEMENTS FROM EX-DISTRIBUTORS, LAWSUITS OVER TOOL MONEY etc. it's clear that tools have been and are extremely profitable. This is simply not debatable.
OK, so let's look at the evidence -
1. Every lawsuit, ex-distributor statement, corporate memo etc etc all speak about the one system and it's off shoots.
2. There are no known statements/memos etc for any of the dozens of other systems.
You claim they're all the same
3. Company A sells more products and has fewer expenses
4. Company B sells fewer products and has more expenses
You claim they're equally profitable - or at the least still insanely profitable
1. You have experience with only one system and it's offshoots (the claim it is "multiple systems" is semantics, and that's why you won't give details), the same system mentioned in 1 above.
2. You have no experience with any of the systems per 2 above
You claim they're all the same.
You can claim that things are different all you want to or that my experience in multiple groups, using multiple ways of tracking tool income isn't relevant but you still haven't been able to tell me where the profit from a CD goes. I'll tell you where it goes:
Cost of manufacture - $0.50 <-- being generous here
Cost of editing/recording - Recording is paid for out of function money, editing not sure but given my experience I would be shocked if it took more than a day per CD so call it $1000
Cost of distribution - hmmm do they charge shipping?
How about packaging? How about unsold stock? Office space? Office staff? Legal and Accounting services? Executive salaries? R&D? Insurance? Taxes? Marketing expenses? Funds for expansion? etc etc
On what basis do you believe companies marketing training to Amway business owners are so incredibly more efficient than normal companies?
BTW you claim that some functions lose money. I certainly think that this COULD happen although I think it's unlikely for the big functions.[/quote]
Really? Where do you think the money comes from when a huge stadium is hired and the event has to be cancelled at the last minute because some piece of city paperwork was missed? Do you think the stadium owners just waive the fees?
Small meetings I could see not making money under some circumstances but they will be canceled or moved to a smaller room if this regularly happens.
Which would make you not a very good businessman. If you want to expand in a region you don't skimp on money because you're not making any yet. You pay for it out of profits from elsewhere.
How big are the typical LARGE functions in N21? How much do they cost to attend?
Varies from country to country
Also you've implied that some functions used paid staff and that somehow would make them unprofitable. MALARKY. Rock concerts use paid staff and are generally cheaper to attend that the big functions and they still make TONS OF CASH.
Rock concerts are generally
more expensive than big functions and the staffing requirements are much the same - audio and lighting technicians, security, booth staffing, VIP catering, multimedia expenses, marketing expenses etc etc etc. Some rock concerts make money, some lose money. Same with the motivational seminar business.