• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Alternative Remedies for things

Instead for brushing you teeth with harsh grit and chemical waste from the nuclear power industry, try rinsing your mouth with oil.

Super convenient too, instead of brushing for like 2minutes, just swish oil in your mouth for just 15 to 30 minutes.

Excellent! I have a couple of litres of transmission oil I just drained out my car's gearbox and I was wondering what to do with the stuff.
 
2) BLACK TEA is great for hydrating you if you have had too much to drink or are thirsty-works better than water or other liquids at quenching thirst..
Also excellent if you have been out clubbing for the night to drink when you wake-up! It basically hydrates you inside and stops that annoying feeling you get when you are thirsty.
You mean, being thirsty?

This is really just weird, Alcohol, diarrhetic, caffiene also diarrhetic. Neither is really that bad in reasonable amounts but taking something that makes you pee to ameliorate the effects of dehydration, I have my doubts.
 
Excellent! I have a couple of litres of transmission oil I just drained out my car's gearbox and I was wondering what to do with the stuff.

Totally in appropriate, obviously you want an oil that's solid at room temperature but liquid at body temperature. Really you want something more like axle grease than transmission oil.
 
Instead for brushing you teeth with harsh grit and chemical waste from the nuclear power industry, try rinsing your mouth with oil.

Super convenient too, instead of brushing for like 2minutes, just swish oil in your mouth for just 15 to 30 minutes.


It's an actual thing:
There is no high-quality research on oil pulling, no understanding of a possible mechanism explaining how it would work, and no evidence that it provides any benefit.


Seems entirely appropriate to this thread.
 
Excellent! I have a couple of litres of transmission oil I just drained out my car's gearbox and I was wondering what to do with the stuff.

If you swallow it, that's an excellent remedy for constipation.
But if you inhale just a little, you may be in for a particularly nasty case of pneumomia!
(I learned that just an hour ago while researching recommended treatments for constipation currently under discussion in the multi-vitamin thread !)
 
It's an actual thing:


Seems entirely appropriate to this thread.

When I'd first heard of it, the video tried to tell me exactly what I'd written. The most amusing thing was they said that it was some how more convenient than brushing. Brush for 2 minutes or rinse your mouth with coconut oil for 15?

That being said, if I didn't have a brush and paste, I could see that it might be better than nothing...?
 
That being said, if I didn't have a brush and paste, I could see that it might be better than nothing...?


Apparently not:
There is no high-quality research on oil pulling, no understanding of a possible mechanism explaining how it would work, and no evidence that it provides any benefit.
 
Back when I was a kid 70s and 80s there was series of things you should use to wash your hair for very convincing reasons; eggs, oil, beer.... Anything but shampoo or water.
One of my female friends 1987/88'ish used to wash her hair with urine, she said it was good for the hair.
I've always assumed it was her own but actually typing this out loud, I never asked.
 
.... Brush for 2 minutes or rinse your mouth with coconut oil for 15?

That being said, if I didn't have a brush and paste, I could see that it might be better than nothing...?

A lot better.
Effect of coconut oil in plaque related gingivitis


Results:
A statistically significant decrease in the plaque and gingival indices was noticed from day 7 and the scores continued to decrease during the period of study.

Coconut oil is antibacterial.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom