• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2012 end of the world?????

Hmmm, why am I not surprised by your answer?
Perhaps because it is exactly what I expected...........am I psychic or what!

As Apervius so correctly pointed out 2012 is not the end of the Mayan calendar but merely the end of a cycle.

The interpretations of this event run from doomsday catastrophes to the more subtle changes in consciousness. The reality of which we all will know in due time.

No, I expect we won't.
 
when the Earth aligns with big black hole at the centre of the galaxy.

I'm afraid my pedanticism can't let this one go. It's not possible for two objects to align. Or, more accurately, two objects are always aligned. In order for the word to have any meaning, you need at least three things which can at some point all lie on the same straight line. Nonsensical doomsday predictions are bad enough, but they could at least try coming up with ones that make sense.:rolleyes:
 
Are the Mayans known for making any successful predictions? Did they predict the arrival of the Spanish conquistadors?
 
I must have missed something. If the calendar is 20-based why do people think it ends when it reaches 13?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom