That's probably a little bit (but only a little bit) of an exaggeration. I won't say that I really like it, but I strongly suspect that any NSA agent looking at my information would be in serious danger of dying of boredom.
Why is there an install button? There shouldn't be anything to install. Or does that just go to instruction on how to change the setting?
Why is there an install button? There shouldn't be anything to install. Or does that just go to instruction on how to change the setting?
No, it's not an exaggeration, not even a little bit. Check the Snowden leaks if you don't believe that they are storing everything they can get their fingers on, simply because they can. While saying "don't worry, nobody's looking at your data", which is technically true unless it somehow gets interesting. Your classic "I've got nothing to hide" doesn't cut to the problem. Just imagine the person that wants to run for president in, say, 30 years, with a program that runs against the establishment politics. And the guys at the NSA have access to what this person did just now, in 2018, as a teenager doing silly maybe illegal things and having contact with people they shouldn't, like all teenagers do. And all they did between that and their run for president is an open book for the guys at the NSA. What kind of society would that be?
</preaching>
Tor adds a lot of unavoidable overhead to your web requests especially latency and speed reduction. A DNS server with a privacy focus adds no latency or speed reduction.
Potentially it can, though. If 1.1.1.1 can't maintain uptime and response time, they can add latency or even request failures to your requests.Tor adds a lot of unavoidable overhead to your web requests especially latency and speed reduction. A DNS server with a privacy focus adds no latency or speed reduction.
That is why they try to make it more interesting by twisting an innocuous post on ISF to "inciting racial hatred".I strongly suspect that any NSA agent looking at my information would be in serious danger of dying of boredom.
Potentially it can, though. If 1.1.1.1 can't maintain uptime and response time, they can add latency or even request failures to your requests.
Also, a DNS server doesn't provide even a fraction of the anonymity that Tor does.
If you're worried enough to use Tor's level of cover then you should really just run your own stuff.
In my personal opinion, Tor is a miserable solution. Again, totally my personal opinion, but the overhead gets me every time. I'm all about security. I encrypt internet traffic, I have notifications and warnings set on my firewall for any intrusion as it's internet facing, I block ads, etc at the WAN, etc., but if you want your traffic covered that much then there are plenty of other options without Tor's overhead.
But Tor is easy to use.
Even on your Android. Just load the Orbot and Orfox Browse Apps and away yo go.