. . .You seem to be laboring under the impression that everything I write is an attack. It is not. I am merely trying to learn about
your particular branch of paganism.
Obviously, some of the things you write take the form of an attack.
Are there receptions at Mormon weddings that non-Mormons can attend?
Of course. They are typically held in LDS meeting houses.
If you do not make provisions for allowing non-Mormons to participate in some capacity then you are still using what other cultures have treated as a moment of inclusion as a means of exclusion.
They participate by attending wedding receptions, where they congratulate the bride and groom. Refreshments are served, socialization takes place, and sometimes guests are encouraged to dance to a live orchestra.
Thank you for the correction. That was enlightening. Is there a particular symbolism for baptizing on fast Sundays?
Apologies for being less than clear. Baptisms are usually held on the Saturday before Fast Sunday, although they can be held on a week night, too.
I'm not going to give you a history lesson about your own religion, or the mechanics of practicing polygamy in the territories that would eventually become the state of Utah. I'll leave that to the fine gentlemen at Irreligiosophy. This episode is as good a starting point as any:
Mormon Fundamentalism, Part I
Polygamy constitutes an unfortunate chapter in LDS history. I readily admit that.
I did give you a straight answer. I'd be allowed in any place of worship that wasn't restricted for safety, historical preservation or private ownership reasons. You seem fixated on your wording of "any building/room of your choosing" but that's not what we were discussing. We're not talking about administrative buildings, the accounting office, the pastor's office or basement storage, but the places of worship. Dance all around it you want, but the simple fact of the matter is LDS Mormons put restrictions on specific ceremonies that Christians don't.
Be aware that Mormons are Christians. The name of the church is The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is not a single ordinance authorized by the Church that does not cite the name of Jesus Christ--from opening/closing prayers at meetings, to baptism, to ordination to priesthood offices, to the bearing of testimonies on Fast Sunday, to blessing and naming infants, to patriarchal blessings, to temple ordinances (including marriage), to "setting members apart" who have received a church assignment (including serving a mission), to administering to the sick and afflicted, to family prayer at funerals (before the casket is closed), to dedicating graves.
Your insistence that Mormons are not Christians is demonstrably untrue.
As for putting restrictions on "specific ceremonies," the Church has every right to do that, regardless of restrictions that other Christian churches may or may not impose. Have you done a survey?