• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

LDS II: The Mormons

CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES: The Word of God.

Eternal Law, written in the beginning of time... previous to our mortal existence, has been given to mortality since the time the Spiritual bodies of our progenitors Adam and Eve received their mortal bodies... and the veil of forgetfulness, to prevent the conscious remembrance of previous great knowledge.
So began the trial of mortality.
The Gospel According to St John:
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.
4. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/1?lang=eng
3. And God spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I am the Lord God Almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless?
4. And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease.
33. And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.
34. And the first man of all men have I called Adam, which is many.
35. But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.
39. For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
41. And in a day when the children of men shall esteem my words as naught and take many of them from the book which thou shalt write, behold, I will raise up another like unto thee; and they shall be had again among the children of men—among as many as shall believe.
Chapter 4
1. And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honour.
2. But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3. Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
"The four records or testimonies of Jesus’ mortal life and the events pertaining to His ministry are contained in the first four books of the New Testament. Written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, these are recorded witnesses of Christs' mortal life. The book of 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon is similar in many ways to these four New Testament Gospels. The Greek word for gospel means “good news.” The good news is that Jesus Christ has made an atonement that will redeem all mankind from death, and reward each individual according to his works.
( John 3:16; Rom. 5:10–11; 2 Ne. 9:26; Alma 34:9; D&C 76:69 )."
“Hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, … and they teach all men that they should do good.
And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are His words, at the last day.” 2 Nephi 33:10–11;
Christian Scriptures include:
The Old and New Testaments of The Holy Bible... as far as translated correctly.
The Book of Mormon. The Pearl of Great Price. The Doctrine and Covenants.
 
“Hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, … and they teach all men that they should do good.
And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are His words, at the last day.” 2 Nephi 33:10–11;

He wasn't very good at this stuff, was he?


ETA: We can't have a Mormon thread without this:
 
Last edited:
God talked to Moses about Satan? As a Jew, I feel I would have heard about this.
 
Oh, can I play too?

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions. Ezekiel 23:19
 
ToddH... The Lord brought righteous judgement against them and destroyed them for their wickedness. Scripture is a record of the wickedness of mankind, as well as a warning and guide to righteousness and the keeping of Eternal Law.
 
Last edited:
ToddH... The Lord brought righteous judgement against them and destroyed them for their wickedness. Scripture is a record of the wickedness of mankind, as well as a warning and guide to righteousness and the keeping of Eternal Law.

Wickedness being defined as whatever God decides to punish people for.
 
Janadele:

Are these the same xianist "scriptures" in which Jesus, said to be said to be "the Christ"; is not said to have said a single word about homosexuality, but is, on the other hand, said to have said that there is no marriage in heaven?

Or are you using a different book?

I honestly wish you would address this.
 
Wickedness being defined as whatever God decides to punish people for.
"The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away.
We were sent into mortality to be tested and tried.
As the Lord explained to Abraham:
“We will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them.” Abraham 3:25

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/abr/3?lang=eng
 
Last edited:
Well, it happened in the Bible. I'm not sure God actually advocated for it.

If 2 out of the 4 people God saves for not being sinners rape their father and God doesn't have a problem with it, then I don't think it's unfair to assume that God is all on board with the idea.

Still, if incestual rape is too far for you, then there's any number of instances of God being perfectly fine with bog-standard rape or, indeed, telling people that they can rape people.
 
"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”
He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Kings 2:23-24.

Pleasant fellow, that God.
 
Eternal Law, written in the beginning of time... previous to our mortal existence, has been given to mortality since the time the Spiritual bodies of our progenitors Adam and Eve received their mortal bodies... and the veil of forgetfulness, to prevent the conscious remembrance of previous great knowledge.
So began the trial of mortality.

Evidence of this 'eternal law, written in the beginning of time'? And you may not use your bible, unless you also have evidence that it is true.
 
I have a feeling that since the de-criminalizing of weed in various states that we will see a lot more posts like this one
 
Hey, Janadele, listen to this, straight out of the Christian Scriptures:
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- Timothy 2:11-12
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom