Ethan Thane Athen
Illuminator
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2007
- Messages
- 3,034
Sometimes known as a "bare-faced assertion".
You asked for opinions and got them. How come only Brattus gets the demand for proof?
You stated that you weren't looking for 'pats on the back' then gleefully accept all such and argue back against anything that isn't. You're coming across a bit petulant - even getting very close to playing the 'cripple card' with Brattus.
FWIW I disagree with his assertion that grievers are a small percentage of the target - though that is based on my own, unscientific observations so is also assertion.
Also FWIW I think your site was excellent and probably helped some fence-sitters decide, served as a suitable source of ammo for those of us looking for arguments against psychics and may have helped some believers turn away (though as Brattus said, this was often after the event - and with some, just turned them off Sylvia not psychics in general). All in all, very worth while and a great contribution to the sceptic community.
Did it 'stop' Sylvia? No, I don't think so, she was in decline anyway and her health failed. I'm sure it irritated the hell out of her though, and I'd take that any day. As others have said, it's more the positive effect it had on others than the small effect it had on Sylvia herself.