• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 5: Discussion of the Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't it just be cat blood? Why can't it have been left the day before?

Because (i) the spots are TMB-positive for blood, (ii) we have never seen the alleged "cat-positive" blood tests, (iii) many of the spots (about 20) amplified positive for human DNA, and (iv) several of the spots were subjected to electrophoresis and the resulting egrams have been suppressed, specifically, egram nos. 600-604 (from Sollecito's bedding) and 688-89 (lightswitch).

In otherwords, at least some of the "cat blood" samples contain human DNA.
 
Men of god like Bill have every right to be interested in the case. I was questioning the ridiculing of another man's spiritual beliefs by someone with the same calling.

Same calling? Last time I checked, I was not God. Neither am I the Messiah. In fact, every time I have claimed such, my friends and family fall over laughing. One even called 9-1-1 and I had a hard time eluding them when they came for me....
 
Briars will bring another ad hominem to avoid the question so I'll ask you.....

Do you think it is a wise PR move on Dr. Mignini's part to be in touch with Ergon?

Please at least take a shot at that issue before getting sidetracked too much.

I suppose an acceptable alternative would be to name some othrr North American who Dr. Mignini has enlisted.

Avoid the topic of Bruce and his irrelevant attack on Ergon's beliefs, o.k maybe your rethought that good. Ergon didn't claim Mignini is his source Bruce did. I appreciated Ergon's no nonsense factual account of the SC ruling, and the recent transcripts of Sollecito's calls. Bruce should stick to the facts of the case if he wants to be a reliable source for those that support the defendants.
 
Same calling? Last time I checked, I was not God. Neither am I the Messiah. In fact, every time I have claimed such, my friends and family fall over laughing. One even called 9-1-1 and I had a hard time eluding them when they came for me....

I think you know you are twisting things , who is the fake here.
 
Men of god like Bill have every right to be interested in the case. I was questioning the ridiculing of another man's spiritual beliefs by someone with the same calling.

Briars. I fear we have gotten off to a bad start in negotiating Brice Fisher's Ground Report piece. Please allow me to ask a series of questions, and if you can be so kind, please highlight the one's which you sense are meant to mock and/or ridicule someone.

1. Has Ergon/Man from Atlan ever claimed to be The Messiah? Yes? No?
Please note, this does not presuppose I know what he means by this. But has he ever claimed it?​

2. Has Ergon/Man from Atlan ever claimed to have practised astrology? Yes? No?

3. Has Ergon ever claimed to have received an e-mail from Dr. Mignini? Yes? No?

  • Please note, this does not suppose any of the following - that Dr. Mignini conversely has ever claimed to have sent an e-mail to him. Nor does it presuppose knowledge of the content of the email, it could be one-off simply a cordial courtesy.​

    4. Opinion please: Do you believe it is a wise Public Relations move, in however you define public relations, for Dr. Mignini to be contacting Ergon/The Man from Atlan? Yes? No?
    Please note, this is where my own bias is clear, and perhaps where you might sense something amiss with me. I represent and agree with what can only be called a public consensus in North America that people who believe they are the Messiah, or who practise astrology, should not bring those things to bear on a legal case.

    Please note, I beg you, this is not to ridicule Messiahs or astrologers.... it is your opinion about the P.R. value, in North America, of bringing these disciplines to a court proceeding.

    This is not about ridiculing Messiahs or astrologers. This is calling into question Ergon's claim that he's being contacted by Dr. Mignini. What is Ergon claiming here? That Dr. Mignini is asking for legal advice?
    ​

    I have many more questions like this. I certainly hope you can answer them before slipping into further ad hominems. This sounds like a sensitive area for you, and I apologize for any missteps I may have taken.
 
Bill Williams said:
Same calling? Last time I checked, I was not God. Neither am I the Messiah. In fact, every time I have claimed such, my friends and family fall over laughing. One even called 9-1-1 and I had a hard time eluding them when they came for me....

I think you know you are twisting things , who is the fake here.
Huh? I can get both a medical and psychological opinion if you wish that certifies that I am neither God nor the Messiah.
 
The email at PMF is signed G. Mignini, and Ergon claims to have met him.

Actually if I met Mignini in Perugia I'd introduce myself as well. Its a huge leap to fantasize about a campaign or what ever else Bruce wanted to make up. I appreciate Ergon's effort to bring documents and information about the case to readers. The tangent that Bruce goes off on doesn't help with his own credibility. Those kind or rants always backfire leaving a trail of soot in your face.
 
Actually if I met Mignini in Perugia I'd introduce myself as well. Its a huge leap to fantasize about a campaign or what ever else Bruce wanted to make up. I appreciate Ergon's effort to bring documents and information about the case to readers. The tangent that Bruce goes off on doesn't help with his own credibility. Those kind or rants always backfire leaving a trail of soot in your face.
Do you appreciate Bruce's efforts to bring documents and information about the case to the attention of readers?
 
let's try to stay focused on the question

Actually if I met Mignini in Perugia I'd introduce myself as well. Its a huge leap to fantasize about a campaign or what ever else Bruce wanted to make up.
You previously wrote, "Ergon didn't claim Mignini is his source Bruce did." Do you withdraw this statement or not? If not, then why not?
 
Briars said:
Actually if I met Mignini in Perugia I'd introduce myself as well. Its a huge leap to fantasize about a campaign or what ever else Bruce wanted to make up.

You previously wrote, "Ergon didn't claim Mignini is his source Bruce did." Do you withdraw this statement or not? If not, then why not?
halides1 - get ready for it. the process from this point is:

AVOID: don't answer the question.

AD HOMINEM: something will be said claiming knowledge about you, that is vaguely (but not drastically) insulting. It won't be a big deal, which allows for a lot of retreat room for the alleger if the target takes offense.

BAIT: there will be an invitation to defend yourself on some point, real or imagined. It's tempting to respond even if only to guffaw.​

The one thing that will not happen is a direct response to a legitimate query.
 
Avoid. Ad hominem. Bait.

Does Ergon claim to be the Messiah?

Stick to your sad position if it helps you. Repeat yourself as you do. I spoke up and as far as I'm concerned you can twist and attack someones beliefs to try to discredit their great reporting. It's not going to work and it just makes you look bad.
 
Bill Williams said:
Avoid. Ad hominem. Bait.

Does Ergon claim to be the Messiah?

Stick to your sad position if it helps you. Repeat yourself as you do. I spoke up and as far as I'm concerned you can twist and attack someones beliefs to try to discredit their great reporting. It's not going to work and it just makes you look bad.
My "sad position" is this. Ergon claims that he is the Messiah, and I have no problem with that. He's entitled.

What he's not entitled to is to use that to make comment on a legal case. What he's not entitled to do is to brag about being in contact with Dr. Mignini; with no confirmation by Dr. Mignini himself.

I will leave it to others to determine if this either twists or attacks his beliefs about being the Messiah or astrology. In fact, I have not commented at all on his own entitlement to be about those two things.

One last courtesy I'd ask of you - where have I done that? If you can't or won't point to it, it's no big deal.

People here can read.
 
Source for what ? Read his response to Bruce's article he is clear about Mignini not being his source. Maybe they had a polite exchange,what has been suggested by Bruce has been denied by Ergon. I would take Ergon's word and have no reason to believe someone who writes like BF.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom