• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 5: Discussion of the Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granting you your point, did you ever stay up all night having sex? One need not have participated in anything as sordid as a murder cover-up to appear "very tired" the next morning.

Amen.

I guess if you have to assume that the only reason they might be tired is the violent murder of Meredith, you haven't gotten your share and are unaware that a couple of horny 20 year olds might have sex all night wearing out more than the bed springs.

Still the reality is that an event like this can cause great strain on people and can be emotionally and physically draining in of itself.
 
You're joking of course!? All that from a picture? Anyway, Welcome back Sherlock!

Thanks, but I've been here every day, just nothing to post and I was partially joking, Raff did sleep from about 6:00 to about 11:00, Amanda was likely up all night though. Have you watched the interview with Raff on the BBC I believe? It did seem interesting.
 
Puss in boots

Do we know for sure it's cat blood on the tissue outside or are we taking Steff's word for this ? And on the light switch downstairs. Or does the defense need to be asking for the files on this too.

Just seems obvious to me that Rudy could know the boys weren't home and being the typical cat burglar/dope dealer who came over to rob them. Discovering that the girls weren't home was an added bonus.

Most cats I've seen don't turn lights on when they cut themselves or grab a tissue and clean their own wounds dropping the tissue at the gate as they head out to the next cat house....

How did the blood get from the cat to the light switch?

How did the tissue get outside the boys flat???
 
cuki -bs #49

I might be wrong, but I believe the "point" our friend is trying to make is that (in his or her subjective - and just possibly confirmation-biased - opinion) this photo of Knox, taken mid-afternoon on the 2nd November 2007, is some sort of visual evidence that Knox had not taken the shower that she claims to have taken at the cottage earlier that morning. Ergo Knox is lying about having taken the shower. Ergo Knox was a participant in the murder of Meredith Kercher.

Objectively, I would argue that this photo (along with all the others taken of Knox that afternoon) shows absolutely no evidence to challenge or contradict (or, for that matter, to confirm) Knox's account of having showered in the cottage at around 10.45am that morning. I would also objectively argue that even for a freshly-showered young woman, the escalation of events between 11am and the time when the photos were taken (probably around 3-4pm) would be more than enough to explain a degree of perspiration and dishevelment.

I suspect that if I took a shower at 10.45am on a given day, but then engaged in an increasingly worried search for my friend and housemate over the following two hours, then was present at the discovery of her murdered body, then passed through the intense feelings of horror, fear and grief following the discovery, that I too might have sweated more than a little and become a touch dishevelled...

PIP #1 - What point are you making?
PIP #2 - The stress of the murder made her look like that
PIP #3 - All night sex made her look like that
PIP #4 she's wiping away a tear
PIP #5 It's all taken out of context
PIP #6 Viewing people's behaviour is totally subjective

"what they do look like is two very tired people who were up all night."


"100% not guilty of murder, 99.9% not guilty of being involved"
 
Last edited:
Maybe. Looking guilty isn't a good thing. Acting guilty isn't a good thing. Even the kids in their books and interviews acknowledge that.

I think for those that seek justice that the concentration should be on what to do now. The discussions about kissing, bleach smell and most of what the PGP discuss are just diversions. They seem to feel that the appeal isn't a trial but rather just a pregame for the celebration.

Even the new name for their schadenfreude site is telling in itself. Put Meredith First (PMF) NOT Put Justice First.

For the same reason that they spend all their posts on issue that are trivial to the case for justice, we should spend ours on significant issues that should be exposed during the appeal.

Like them I see no distinction between those two things.

But that one of the PMF's continues to post about an event that happened almost a year ago, which was arguably inflated as an event by one of the webmasters of one of those sites.... I mean, he didn't create any of the original drama, but he most certainly inserted himself into it.

My question is.... what's any of it got to do with what's going to be happening in Florence?

That was the point of my post - that discussion of what should happen in Florence and what issues should be brought out by the defense in and out of the court room. I doubt that discussions of how they looked or when they became suspects goes to the heart of the case.

I do disagree with the idea of putting Meredith first as that implies putting her ahead of truth and justice. State's cases against defendants should be about the crime and not the victim. Whether the victim is the sweetest person on earth or not the wheels of justice should work exactly the same way. The new name over there really is saying: convict Amanda and Raffaele because it puts Meredith first.

On a related note, I'd like to see the Kercher's tell all about why they are so convinced that the kids killed Meredith. If they have information never made public, I would like them to share it. I would also like to know why they don't want to know what Amanda and Raf have to say about the case. If they are absolutely sure, I can see why they wouldn't, but I just can't see how anyone could be certain with the information known to the public.

Raffaele's BBC interview was disappointing as it didn't deal with the evidence as much as his feelings now and then. It does briefly deal with the interrogation but Raf's English didn't allow for a great explanation. It seems a performance that will lauded by fans and disparaged by uinfans.

The defense needs to take control of the message.
 
Thanks, but I've been here every day, just nothing to post and I was partially joking, Raff did sleep from about 6:00 to about 11:00, Amanda was likely up all night though. Have you watched the interview with Raff on the BBC I believe? It did seem interesting.


Up dooing what? Why is it that you cannot articulate your theory?
 
Sherlock Holmes said:
Thanks, but I've been here every day, just nothing to post and I was partially joking, Raff did sleep from about 6:00 to about 11:00, Amanda was likely up all night though. Have you watched the interview with Raff on the BBC I believe? It did seem interesting.

Up dooing what? Why is it that you cannot articulate your theory?
It's better to make an innuendo, because then the claim can be it wasn't made.
 
It's funny that Sherlock claims to have been here every day. It seems that there are always unanswered questions that have been put to him.

ETA: perhaps I am thinking of Brairs. It's so hard keeping the positions of those posters straight when they arn't posting every day.
 
Last edited:
Why can't it just be cat blood? Why can't it have been left the day before?

I'm not saying it cannot have come from a cat or from the day before as much as I'm saying I don't trust PLE to suppress information that could link Rudy to breaking in downstairs. It could be Rudys blood for all I know. I'm sure as hell not taking their word for it.


If Rudys blood (or any other evidence of him) is on the light switch downstairs then the break in upstairs is more legit and staging becomes less likely !
 
Last edited:
You cannot make up this stuff

Holey Moley.... this is from the "You cannot make up this stuff," department.

Bruce Fisher has a new Ground Report article about one of the webmasters of a North American "Hate-Amanda Knox" website, and the "brag" on it that they are in e-mail contact with Dr. Giuliano Mignini.

see: http://groundreport.com/is-prosecutor-giuliano-mignini-secretly-leaking-information-to-amanda-knox-hate-sites/

It raises two questions:

1) is it a wise PR move, if true, for Dr. Mignini to be leaking information to someone who believes he's God? My word, Dr. Mignini should contract with Gogerty-Marriott to put a better spin on this than it appears - assuming anything Bruce writes is true....

2) a bit of a minor issue..... if Ergon is God, why does he need to be an astrologer!? That's the side-bar theological issue of the day, I suppose - fit for this website which deals in skepticism.​
 
Holey Moley.... this is from the "You cannot make up this stuff," department.

Bruce Fisher has a new Ground Report article about one of the webmasters of a North American "Hate-Amanda Knox" website, and the "brag" on it that they are in e-mail contact with Dr. Giuliano Mignini.

see: http://groundreport.com/is-prosecutor-giuliano-mignini-secretly-leaking-information-to-amanda-knox-hate-sites/

It raises two questions:

1) is it a wise PR move, if true, for Dr. Mignini to be leaking information to someone who believes he's God? My word, Dr. Mignini should contract with Gogerty-Marriott to put a better spin on this than it appears - assuming anything Bruce writes is true....

2) a bit of a minor issue..... if Ergon is God, why does he need to be an astrologer!? That's the side-bar theological issue of the day, I suppose - fit for this website which deals in skepticism.​

The real question is Bill would a true man of God endorse the ridicule of another man's beliefs?
 
The real question is Bill would a true man of God endorse the ridicule of another man's beliefs?

I thought that it was mandatory. Seriously, religious leaders hate each other and the others' beliefs. Much of history is filled with religious wars and conflicts, as you well know.

Why are men of god interested in this case at all. Don't they have bigger fish to fry?
 
The real question is Bill would a true man of God endorse the ridicule of another man's beliefs?

Wow. Who thinks of it as ridicule? The first thing that should happen is to verify if those things are what he believes.

It's strange that the first thing that comes to mind by repeating what the fellow believes is "ridicule". He is actually entitled to his beliefs, absolutely no one questions that fundamental premise.

Wow.
 
I thought that it was mandatory. Seriously, religious leaders hate each other and the others' beliefs. Much of history is filled with religious wars and conflicts, as you well know.

Why are men of god interested in this case at all. Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

Wrongful prosecutions are part of that bigger fish.
 
I thought that it was mandatory. Seriously, religious leaders hate each other and the others' beliefs. Much of history is filled with religious wars and conflicts, as you well know.

Why are men of god interested in this case at all. Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

Men of god like Bill have every right to be interested in the case. I was questioning the ridiculing of another man's spiritual beliefs by someone with the same calling.
 
I thought that it was mandatory. Seriously, religious leaders hate each other and the others' beliefs. Much of history is filled with religious wars and conflicts, as you well know.

Why are men of god interested in this case at all. Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

Briars will bring another ad hominem to avoid the question so I'll ask you.....

Do you think it is a wise PR move on Dr. Mignini's part to be in touch with Ergon?

Please at least take a shot at that issue before getting sidetracked too much.

I suppose an acceptable alternative would be to name some othrr North American who Dr. Mignini has enlisted.
 
The real question is Bill would a true man of God endorse the ridicule of another man's beliefs?

Good point. Formosa's law:

“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”

Ergon thinks he can change the weather with his mental powers. We should not mock this unfortunate man or add to his burden.

BUT, it's entirely fair to note that his thinking is crippled by grandiose delusions, and his opinion on any subject should be weighed accordingly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom