I used to think the contracting calf muscle was caused by a wader boot/pants creasing as the foot struck the ground. It was an odd feature for a bipedal primate to have, its calf muscle contracting by foot strike rather than by foot push-off. Now I'm entertaining the notion that Patterson was clever enough to employ small water bags in the calf area, making the calf contract momentarily (but at the wrong time) by gravity as the leg and foot were planted. The contraction disappears as the leg and foot push off --- and I'm not sure the water bags would flatten out, unless the long strides and accompanying leg swings mitigated the effect of gravity a bit.
If we're cerealistic tho, like Munnz and apply proper sy/fi-ientific method, as he did, we too can achieve total enlightenment.
Also, while I agree that monsters certainly are cool, hunting them after so many repeated fails is just plain silly imo.
MunnsNonsenseSnip . . . not some 1960's anatomical masterpiece.
Here's one I put together. You can click it to enlarge.
It's funny how someone can blindly state "Patty's calf muscle should not look like so and so" How many Sasquatch have you dissected exactly? And what major differences are there in the muscle connections to the foot bone structure? Bone structure of the foot?......
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Patty (if real) isn't human the way we are, so there are going to be noticable differences in the anatomy. How much will depend on the genetic distance. Expecting her to have the exact same shape as us doesn't make sense to me.
We must try to make observations as unbiasedly as possible. And the reality is, there hasn't been anything in the film itself that suggests she's not a real animal. Pareidolia/nitpicking just doesn't cut it.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Patty (if real) isn't human the way we are, so there are going to be noticable differences in the anatomy. How much will depend on the genetic distance. Expecting her to have the exact same shape as us doesn't make sense to me.
We must try to make observations as unbiasedly as possible. And the reality is, there hasn't been anything in the film itself that suggests she's not a real animal. Pareidolia/nitpicking just doesn't cut it.