• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Looking for Skeptics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it's just bluff and puffery on her part. She won't upload it because it is fictitious. Like her alleged "ghosts" which have been proven beyond all reasonable doubt to be fictitious.

Puffery, sure; bluff, I'm not convinced. Quite the opposite, actually. So convinced is flaccon that the very idea her sharing her experiences isn't accepted by us befuddles and frustrates her.

I doubt she will ever commit to a testable claim because (1) the concept is foreign to her, and (2) it puts the very foundation of her long-held self-fulfilling belief system in jeopardy.
 
There is nothing left to prove here but she will be back anyway.


For what purpose? She and you have failed to provide even the slightest bit of evidence that the "spirits" are communicating to either or both of you through crappy audio recordings, and my prediction is that no evidence will be forthcoming. What do you both hope to accomplish here?
 
Puffery, sure; bluff, I'm not convinced. Quite the opposite, actually. So convinced is flaccon that the very idea her sharing her experiences isn't accepted by us befuddles and frustrates her.

I doubt she will ever commit to a testable claim because (1) the concept is foreign to her, and (2) it puts the very foundation of her long-held self-fulfilling belief system in jeopardy.

That debacle with pareidolia-infested audio files with mysterious unchanging MD5 hashes were enough to convince me that people who die are still dead. And that most woos stick their head in the sand like an ostrich whenever contrary evidence to their claims is presented. Still it was fun - but it's completely useless getting flaccon to design a protocol for the 2 reasons you put here; that and she also has her head in the sand and refuses to listen to anyone that isn't an echo chamber.
 
My guess is that it's just bluff and puffery on her part. She won't upload it because it is fictitious. Like her alleged "ghosts" which have been proven beyond all reasonable doubt to be fictitious.

It's Riley Martin, all over again.
 
I doubt she will ever commit to a testable claim because (1) the concept is foreign to her, and (2) it puts the very foundation of her long-held self-fulfilling belief system in jeopardy.

Exactly, I've expressed precisely these sentiments several times. Reminds me of the time I read a quote from some leading homeopath stating double blind, controlled studies were inappropriate for testing the effects of homeopathy. Inappropriate.

You don't know whether to laugh or cry.
 
Flaccon should just tell us about the world changing messages that the spirits have sent her. She says we won't understand them? Post them anyway, and if we don't understand them, at least we'll finally agree that she's right about something!
*sigh* Yes, I would like to have heard them! Maybe she tried writing them down, but then realised that they looked so banal and ordinary, that it would be admitting defeat to post them here. :)
 
Flaccon should just tell us about the world changing messages that the spirits have sent her. She says we won't understand them? Post them anyway, and if we don't understand them, at least we'll finally agree that she's right about something!

My suspicion is that there aren't any actual messages per se, but only fragments of imagined words and a vague feeling that the spirits are trying to convey something profound. flaccon wants to pass on messages of peace and love: mend your ways, save the planet and everything's going to be alright, but I don't think these are literally verbal messages. I'm coming to believe these are just fuzzy sensations she gets while she listens out for spirit voices.
 
Flaccon should just tell us about the world changing messages that the spirits have sent her. She says we won't understand them? Post them anyway, and if we don't understand them, at least we'll finally agree that she's right about something!

*sigh* Yes, I would like to have heard them! Maybe she tried writing them down, but then realised that they looked so banal and ordinary, that it would be admitting defeat to post them here. :)

Well, I've been pushing for this for a while, now so you guys and I are in agreement. But I think Susan may be onto something.

Digression: I don't know if anyone else recalls a book from the 60s called "A Child's Garden of Grass"? In it, the author relates something that all pot smokers have thought over the years. "If only I could remember what it was that was so funny last night...." So he decided to keep a notepad handy and the next time everyone was stoned and rolling on the floor splitting their sides with laughter for twenty minutes, he had the presence of mind to write it down. The next morning when he remembered to check the notepad, he had written in quotation marks, "It sure smells funny in here." That was it. The one liner for the ages, the zinger to end all zingers! But it made no sense to anyone who wasn't in the right frame of mind (in their case stoned - in flaccon's case "receptive"), and wasn't the least bit funny(significant) even to the guy who wrote it down and should be the person most qualified to have an accurate recollection of the incident.

I kept thinking about that story when reading Robin's lengthy defense. Those little insignificant items that she rates as "proof" - the pina colada, the Big Mac, etc... And I believe flaccon's, if she ever decides to share it, will amount to....

A Wet Bird Never Flies at Night
 
My suspicion is that there aren't any actual messages per se, but only fragments of imagined words and a vague feeling that the spirits are trying to convey something profound. flaccon wants to pass on messages of peace and love: mend your ways, save the planet and everything's going to be alright, but I don't think these are literally verbal messages. I'm coming to believe these are just fuzzy sensations she gets while she listens out for spirit voices.


While she has claimed that the spirits communicate in clear sentences, she posted this when asked how they had explained "the great mystery of life":
It's been explained in records. it's not an explanation I can give. I am not literate enough to find the words required.
 
Digression: I don't know if anyone else recalls a book from the 60s called "A Child's Garden of Grass"? In it, the author relates something that all pot smokers have thought over the years. "If only I could remember what it was that was so funny last night...." So he decided to keep a notepad handy and the next time everyone was stoned and rolling on the floor splitting their sides with laughter for twenty minutes, he had the presence of mind to write it down. The next morning when he remembered to check the notepad, he had written in quotation marks, "It sure smells funny in here." That was it. The one liner for the ages, the zinger to end all zingers! But it made no sense to anyone who wasn't in the right frame of mind (in their case stoned - in flaccon's case "receptive"), and wasn't the least bit funny(significant) even to the guy who wrote it down and should be the person most qualified to have an accurate recollection of the incident.
The classic example of that is when Bob Dylan turned the Beatles onto marijuana. Paul McCartney had a revelation, and frantically looked for a piece of paper on which to write it down. In the morning, he looked at the paper and it said, "There are seven levels."

:D Classic.
 
Tracy hasn't left at all. Her internet is messed up again.

Oh, ********.

There is nothing left to prove here but she will be back anyway.

You're right, paredolia has already been proven. Does she plan to come back and actually answer honest questions? That would be a change.

It's definitely not in her head.

How do you know? Are you inside her head? She's had ample opportunity to prove otherwise.

She is more busy reorganising her garden. Her life is good thanks.[

Sure.

I heard the file of JSfishers, and it was a steady flow of rain all the way through. It certainly did alter.

Why do you keep lying?
 
I heard the file of JSfishers, and it was a steady flow of rain all the way through. It certainly did alter.

1. Did you hear it that way over the phone?

2. Is that how flaccon described it after hearing it over the phone?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom