• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Looking for Skeptics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to add it as an edit:

https://app.box.com/alderbank

Thanks gunner. Definitely not French or anything Latin. My first impression was that it was English, but with such a regional accent as to preclude any understanding by people like me.

I hear it as a scottish accent or one of the northern England ones. Some of those scottish ones are unintelligible to non-locals, but this is also more of a mumble than a speech. I hear two male voices, not one - though they speak over each other, so I may be wrong. They have low voices, and mutter rather than speak clearly, apart from at the end when one says "top gear". To the non-UK, this can refer to 2 things ... a TV show of the same name, or it is used to describe ... good stuff ... like, good quality clothing from a store, or (more often used on TV) good quality drugs.
 
Whooo! Someone heard some of the same words as me!

See a match,
Pick it up,
And all that day,
You'll have confirmation bias.

:)

At first I got:

flacconisishing UN

Then I listened closer:

flaccon is fishin yen

Then it became clear

flaccon is fishing you in.:) :D
 
I hear it as a scottish accent or one of the northern England ones. Some of those scottish ones are unintelligible to non-locals, but this is also more of a mumble than a speech. I hear two male voices, not one - though they speak over each other, so I may be wrong. They have low voices, and mutter rather than speak clearly, apart from at the end when one says "top gear". To the non-UK, this can refer to 2 things ... a TV show of the same name, or it is used to describe ... good stuff ... like, good quality clothing from a store, or (more often used on TV) good quality drugs.

As a native Scot I hear a Scottish woman saying;

"Aye,....... I'll take everyone down, don't worry".

Bloke 1 (West coast accent) says, "Pardon?"

She then repeats,

"I'll take every one down, right?"

Bloke 1, unintelligible.

Bloke 2 in response to bloke 1, "What?"

Once more, frustratedly, she repeats.

"I'll take everyone down".

I knew us Scots would have some bearing on the saving of mankind and the bringing about of worldwide peace. I'm so very proud.

Please, spread the word and let our salvation commence. All hail flaccon.
 
Is this Round Three Redux? flaccon will disappear for a few days and then come back and ignore the repeated requests for a coherent claim and defined test and pick out some meanie posts to react emotionally to, insist that no one understands how much she's being open and honest and continue to ignore the rather basic challenges that she could answer in a heartbeat. BTDT.

flaccon,
The simplest first... why not just tell us some of this world-saving earth-shattering insight that the spirits have told you? We're beginning to think that "you wouldn't understand" is shorthand for "it's a bunch of meaningless gobbledygook that I'm reading in the metaphorical tea leaves".

This is simple. You say they've got information that will change the world. You say you've heard it. You say we're not capable of understanding it, though. Not to be too obvious, but from what we've seen of your analytic talents, we have no reason to believe that you would have any better understanding of it than any of us. Unless, of course, it's so "personal" (as usual) that only you can understand it because it applies only to you,... since it's coming from you!
 
<snip for brevity>

There is nothing left, and I agree with you. Flaccon will return at some point when she considers that previous posts have been forgotten with more claims of spirit abilities which she will continue not to identify, and which the "spirits" will continue to refuse to confirm.
 
WTF is "Flocon"?

D'you know sum'mint we don't?

Okay. This was to remain an underground seekret. Earlier in the thread there were issues with posters spelling flaccon properly. We had flacon, floccan, etc. I went with flocon. Cuz it’s French. For flake. There.
 
Some spellchecking software automatically changes the spelling of flaccon's handle to something else. It's a problem (the smallest problem so far) that keeps cropping up in this thread.

Ward
 
Is this Round Three Redux? flaccon will disappear for a few days and then come back and ignore the repeated requests for a coherent claim and defined test and pick out some meanie posts to react emotionally to, insist that no one understands how much she's being open and honest and continue to ignore the rather basic challenges that she could answer in a heartbeat. BTDT.

flaccon,
The simplest first... why not just tell us some of this world-saving earth-shattering insight that the spirits have told you? We're beginning to think that "you wouldn't understand" is shorthand for "it's a bunch of meaningless gobbledygook that I'm reading in the metaphorical tea leaves".

This is simple. You say they've got information that will change the world. You say you've heard it. You say we're not capable of understanding it, though. Not to be too obvious, but from what we've seen of your analytic talents, we have no reason to believe that you would have any better understanding of it than any of us. Unless, of course, it's so "personal" (as usual) that only you can understand it because it applies only to you,... since it's coming from you!

Something about exterminating kitties because they work for Satan infecting the human race with evilness and plague.
 
Well, flaccon seems to be on holiday, or maybe gone permanently

I guess after we were not impressed by her latest incontrovertible evidence, she gave up.

I mean, after all, she did find that a recording sounded different when she played it on her machine with the speaker port up to her ear, than it had played on scrappy's machine and listened to over the phone! What more evidence could we possibly need that spirits were at work?

IXP
 
There is nothing left, and I agree with you. Flaccon will return at some point when she considers that previous posts have been forgotten with more claims of spirit abilities which she will continue not to identify, and which the "spirits" will continue to refuse to confirm.

Yep. Extremely common woowoo behavior. Never worked before, but that doesn't matter to a true believer, because all those other people were crazy and/or deluded!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom