• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Looking for Skeptics

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she's saying that if a file is changed by the spirits by introducing sounds other than words then we can't explain that by pareidolia.

Possibly, but then we have a whole range of quite technical stuff to go over before ruling out mundane file corruption. Seeing as simple file hashing is a mystery to her, I don't see how that avenue could be more successful.
 
No, she's saying that if a file is changed by the spirits by introducing sounds other than words then we can't explain that by pareidolia. She thinks she's shown that they have done just that. She hasn't, of course, but that's what she's been trying to do.

Ah, okay. Thanks!
 
Speaking of .. In my brain's-eye you are Morris Leadcliff. And that other one is simply Abandon! :) I'm also sure I see an ancient Greek vase in your avatar, between all the bull. :D

<relurking>
 
Speaking of .. In my brain's-eye you are Morris Leadcliff. And that other one is simply Abandon! :) I'm also sure I see an ancient Greek vase in your avatar, between all the bull. :D

<relurking>

I know for a fact it is two bulls, but now, I can't stop seeing a vase. Paredolia roolz.
 
I was asked to prove that these voices are not paredolia, and I accepted that I cannot prove this, and therefore have suggested (several times) that I can only eliminate paredolia if I stop using the voices as some sort of proof.

The thing you have not done, and continue to not do, is make any sort of testable claim.

Your latest assertion is that the spirits can change the file you are listening to and all copies of it. Is that not correct? All you need to add is an objective measurement that will show whether the files did in fact change.

For the lone case you claim was a success, the only objective evidence available points at the exact opposite conclusion. Caleprime was kind enough to prepare other test files for you per your request. You may download them at any time to resume your demonstrations; we just need that objective measurement thing....
 
You may laugh, but because of this thread, I did a head count of what resources I might have to throw in. Here we go.

Windows 95 Desktop, windows 98 desktop, Both mothballed but working. I don't know why I hang on to those, nostalgia perhaps.

I have nothing Win ME, or Win 2k, cause those were pure shod.

Up until a week ago I could have offered WinNT 3.5 and 4.0, but that got chucked as pointless.

Moving on, I have three desktops running WinXP SP3, WinXP SP3 laptops x3, one desktop running Win Vista desktop 32 bit (it's crap), win 7 64 bit laptop x2, split between AMD and Intel.

At any given time, from three to six are up and networked, but I could go as far as twelve. Necessary for testing, but awfully fun for games.
 
You may laugh, but because of this thread, I did a head count of what resources I might have to throw in. Here we go.

Windows 95 Desktop, windows 98 desktop, Both mothballed but working. I don't know why I hang on to those, nostalgia perhaps.

I have nothing Win ME, or Win 2k, cause those were pure shod.

Up until a week ago I could have offered WinNT 3.5 and 4.0, but that got chucked as pointless.

Moving on, I have three desktops running WinXP SP3, WinXP SP3 laptops x3, one desktop running Win Vista desktop 32 bit (it's crap), win 7 64 bit laptop x2, split between AMD and Intel.

At any given time, from three to six are up and networked, but I could go as far as twelve. Necessary for testing, but awfully fun for games.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about.
 
Speaking of .. In my brain's-eye you are Morris Leadcliff. And that other one is simply Abandon! :) I'm also sure I see an ancient Greek vase in your avatar, between all the bull. :D

<relurking>

You're close. Technically my name goes back to Morris, the world's most finicky cat, who died in 1978.
 
Last edited:
Uhh. OK, I can field an array of 9 or more networked PCs, all networked up, all available as different platforms on which tests maybe run. That's just my home network.

Yes, I am a geek.

Okay, thanks.

The big grin I posted was in response to what I thought meant "perhaps flaccon sees what she wants to see or what she expects to see in the posts on this thread". Call me crazy.

Re:
Is there any chance flaccon is applying the same pareidolia to responses in the thread?
 
And I don't believe I am alone in believing flaccon will continue to deny paredolia, especially since she has so far. How many times will she have to do it before it becomes obvious she doesn't accept it as an explanation?

With all the audio files posted to date flaccon has been able to fall back on the spirit explanation. The files I have linked to are pure pareidolia, intended to demonstrate that effect. Spirits are not an option in the files I have linked to. That's said I have PM flaccon to request she experience them and will stop asking in the thread itself.



"It's peak for" me? I don't understand what that means. I'm pretty sure I'm just as entitled to state my opinion here as you are.

Of course you are. It seems this thread is causing you more angst then pleasure or enjoyment and I am merely suggesting that if that is the case you leave the thread be for awhile. We have your opinion, it is noted and on record. Thank you.
 
There is no increase in loss or difference in quality between downloading an email attachment zip file and downloading a zip file that's hosted on a website like box.com. A zipped file is a zipped file no matter where you download it. In addition, zipping a file makes it less likely that you'll lose data during the download, not more.

Is Compressing Files Good?

If you're using disk utilities to compress and archive old files on an entire disk there's some risk of data loss, and back in the old days before zip files, compression was sometimes lossy. Technology has advanced since then.

I think some people get confused about data compression and data loss due to the quality drop that's experienced by trying to further compress images that are already compressed, such as JPEGs and GIFs. Those files are already as small as they can get, and in order to make them even smaller, it requires sacrificing some of the original data.

For all you techies, I realize that this is a very simplified explanation. However, since flaccon already seems to be technically challenged, I think it's the best approach.
 
I requested someone send to me a copy of a recording to my email address (on normal volume) no one did, other than Mr Roberts. The results were a success. I checked this again on a new laptop and again the results were a success. Js was kind enough to repeat this method for me, and the results were a success. I feel I am not allowed to test this again in case of being correct.

I was asked to prove that these voices are not paredolia, and I accepted that I cannot prove this, and therefore have suggested (several times) that I can only eliminate paredolia if I stop using the voices as some sort of proof.

Please suggest a specific test with simple, objective pass-fail criteria which, if failed, would cause you to seriously consider the possibility that you are wrong about ghosts speaking to you through your computer. Thanks.
 
Okay, thanks.

The big grin I posted was in response to what I thought meant "perhaps flaccon sees what she wants to see or what she expects to see in the posts on this thread". Call me crazy.

Re:
That, funny enough, was an honest question. I am getting frustrated with flaccon's inability to give an honest answer to an honest question. If flaccon keeps this malarkey up, I will likely descend into derision out of sheer self defense.

ETA: I deeply regret wasthing my time on the software flaccon defends, except when she does, but then she does't. The goalposts are rocket propelled at this stage. If I had one regret, It is that she intentionally fomented irritable disagreement and was let away with it.
 
Last edited:
Of course you are. It seems this thread is causing you more angst then pleasure or enjoyment...

Angst? No. I get angst from watching my husband die, or from a million other real life happenings. From an Internet forum, not so much. Mild concern at most.

There is "pleasure and enjoyment" in 100+ pages of flaccon's delusional denial? Okey dokey. Guess I missed that.

… and I am merely suggesting that if that is the case you leave the thread be for awhile. We have your opinion, it is noted and on record. Thank you.

I'll take your suggestion under advisement. Thank you. Now, are you planning to offer the same advice to others here who have expressed what you refer to as "angst" over flaccon's mental health, or is it a gift just for me? Sorry, dude, but jeez, lay off.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom