That can't be true: All of the entangled frequencies have been copiously calibrated. Not to mention apostro'phiz'ed et' al.
In flaccon's defense, she has been willing to listen to much skeptical discussion about pareidolia and technical info on sound recording. We need to find better ways to help her understand what's being said to her--said by us, I mean, rather than by the "spirits", whose inaudible ramblings she deciphers with reckless ease.
Just thought you should know that at least one old-timer gets the reference. It made me smile and also made me think of perhaps the greatest JREF post ever (can't recall who posted it, though):What about "Ladybrook"?![]()
What about "Ladybrook"?![]()
That can't be true: All of the entangled frequencies have been copiously calibrated. Not to mention apostro'phiz'ed et' al.
In flaccon's defense, she has been willing to listen to much skeptical discussion about pareidolia and technical info on sound recording. We need to find better ways to help her understand what's being said to her--said by us, I mean, rather than by the "spirits", whose inaudible ramblings she deciphers with reckless ease.
Hereby for reference, attached a clip from the Wimbledon file containing the purported 'Wimbledon' sound/word.
Amplified and slowed down slightly in Audacity, exported as mp3 (34Kb)
How difficult is it to understand that valid evidence would be represented by having information pass from the spirits to flaccon which she could not have acquired in any other way and which could be objectively verified post test? No one needs any special technical knowledge to understand this.
There's no need to find better ways to help her understand because the OP isn't interested in "understanding" anything which threatens that which sets her apart.
Hereby for reference, attached a clip from the Wimbledon file containing the purported 'Wimbledon' sound/word.
Amplified and slowed down slightly in Audacity, exported as mp3 (34Kb)
If I force myself to hear this as speech, I hear "apple soup."Hereby for reference, attached a clip from the Wimbledon file containing the purported 'Wimbledon' sound/word.
Amplified and slowed down slightly in Audacity, exported as mp3 (34Kb)
The following question is not answered earlier in the thread, I believe: Why specifically does flaccon choose to use her laptop's video recording capability to record just sound instead of simply her laptop's audio recording capability.
I understand (and, to an extent, share) your frustration. If her mind is truly closed, then no amount of clarification or examples will help her get past her fixation. However, flaccon has shown signs of good faith and wanting to understand--the experiment with Alderbank, taking down portions of her website, and continuing to post here, to name a few. So I am willing to help keep the conversation going for a bit longer.
Mojo said:The the interest of accuracy and making sure I don't become the guy who lets flacon say "Even some people on the JREF site heard the voices!", I would like to clarify that I said I heard "bits that I could make myself believe sounded like speech."
Pareidolia would still be the most likely explanation, even if you did hear something that sounded like a voice.
Yes, I agree completely, and that was exactly my point. I had hoped that was clear, but in case it wasn't, let me state unequivocally that I see no reason to think there's anything other than pareidolia involved.
There is also the credulous, supernatural, demon-haunted context in which that pareidolia operates. Given that (according to the Chapter 23 website) Flaccon expressly believes in spirits, God, Jesus, demons, the ghosts of departed loved ones and other non-evidential ideas (including that cats cause cancer), there is unequivocally a great deal more than pareidolia involved in Flaccon's claims.
Hereby for reference, attached a clip from the Wimbledon file containing the purported 'Wimbledon' sound/word.
Amplified and slowed down slightly in Audacity, exported as mp3 (34Kb)