• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Bigfoot" **Impossible** and not just non-existent?

There are lots of great arguments for why Bigfoot can't exist, but I'm afraid this one's not one of them.
 
Shrike,

I might add, when you think discussion of physical limits of a Giant, Bipedal, Omnivorous, Hairy Primate, Descended from Gigantophithicus, living in the semi-rural areas of North America, is silly, consider this:

Bigfoot runs barefoot through the woods, tackling adult deer, ripping their legs off and beating them atop the head with it. No ankle braces, no Nike, no Dr. Scholls. When it get's done eating the liver of the animal, it builds a teepee out of 4"-6" birch tree boughs. It then decides that this constricting life style is harshing his rep, so it goes to a rural mountain road, and lays down in the middle of it, playing a veritable CHICKEN GAME with an 18 wheeler. It then decides it is going to mimic some Barred Owls, answer some wood knocks from the hill across the valley, break into a shed steal some beans, and maybe a Winston, torment some dogs in a kennel, and peer in some trailer park windows, to catch Episode 121 of Cheers on late night TV (Au Revoir Diane.).

Oh, and by the way:
Bzzt, NSA, and Orbs.

In other words, if you think discussing the physical limitations (which is an actual point in all living creatures, except those in water) of alleged creatures is silly, I would maintain that I could find places where you have engaged in far sillier discussions at BFF. One that pops in my head is the discussion about you thinking you heard bipedal footfalls, and asked the forum if they thought you encountered a sasquatch.
 
Last edited:
Shrike,

I might add, when you think discussion of physical limits of a Giant, Bipedal, Omnivorous, Hairy Primate, Descended from Gigantophithicus, living in the semi-rural areas of North America, is silly, consider this:

Bigfoot runs barefoot through the woods, tackling adult deer, ripping their legs off and beating them atop the head with it. No ankle braces, no Nike, no Dr. Scholls. When it get's done eating the liver of the animal, it builds a teepee out of 4"-6" birch tree boughs. It then decides that this constricting life style is harshing his rep, so it goes to a rural mountain road, and lays down in the middle of it, playing a veritable CHICKEN GAME with an 18 wheeler. It then decides it is going to mimic some Barred Owls, answer some wood knocks from the hill across the valley, break into a shed steal some beans, and maybe a Winston, torment some dogs in a kennel, and peer in some trailer park windows, to catch Episode 121 of Cheers on late night TV (Au Revoir Diane.).

Oh, and by the way:
Bzzt, NSA, and Orbs.

You forgot the eye shine, and sometimes invisibility. I guess footie snaps its fingers like Burt on Soap.
 
. . . I could find places where you have engaged in far sillier discussions at BFF. One that pops in my head is the discussion about you thinking you heard bipedal footfalls, and asked the forum if they thought you encountered a sasquatch.

What was silly about that? I was interested in how folks there might interpret such an experience.
 
It comes down to this:

Bipedal locomotion:
* Larger size translates to higher energy requirements
* Higher energy requirements mean larger requirements to move to find
food.
* Larger requirements to find food translates to higher energy
expenditures.

It seems like a simple chart, I've seen it in economics before.
It would apply to any bipedal upright primate I would think.

 
What's this about Saskeptic thinking he possibly heard a Bigfoot walking thru the woods? :jaw-dropp

I know I've been out of the loop for a long time, but surely not that long...
 
I'm always suspicious of anyone who claims that they can distinguish bi-pedal footsteps from 4 legged critters wandering around the bush.
 
I'm always suspicious of anyone who claims that they can distinguish bi-pedal footsteps from 4 legged critters wandering around the bush.

Agree with this.
I think he did it more to mess with the footers.
 
^Not to mess with them, but to illustrate how easily one can have an odd experience in the woods, fill in some details, and the result can be a rather convincing "bigfoot" encounter.

The experience was real - the sound of bipedal footfalls coming directly toward us and then stopping dead about 10' away. I assume that the explanation is that a quadrapedal animal walked/bounded toward us but the cadence of its steps sounded bipedal to our ears.
 
Deer slow stepping through the leaves can give the illusion of bipedal footfalls.
 
You can't prove it wasn't a bigfoot, therefore you are not a scientist
 
How come sasquatch never picked up on the idea of riding a horse? Or something more substantial.

They are intelligent, and they have been watching humans ride horses for a very long time.

By now they should have bred their own heavy duty horses.
 
.....erm, I'm guessing that riding a horse would probably A/ be difficult in the deep woods, and B/ make it ultra-difficult to be secret-squirrel-like stealthy. It could be that they are riding horses, but nocturnal horses. Nocturnal horses with very padded hooves.

Anyway, who needs a horse when you can run faster on your own?
 
They do ride horses, you can't prove they don't, therefore you are not a scientist.

There are very few people who have studied the evidence, and have looked at this in a scientific manner, I will take their word before yours all day.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom