Maybe, but at least she's wearing actual armor and not boobplate (or worse, a chainmail bikini).That left pauldron would drive me insane. Looks almost like a modified jousting kit.
Maybe, but at least she's wearing actual armor and not boobplate (or worse, a chainmail bikini).That left pauldron would drive me insane. Looks almost like a modified jousting kit.
Maybe, but at least she's wearing actual armor and not boobplate (or worse, a chainmail bikini).
http://www.yvonneclaireadams.com/HostedStuff/EmanuelaOfTheShroud.jpg
Don't tempt me.
![]()
My mind was going more Sylvia Kristel.
Aaaand this makes three! Good company, no?I'm glad it wasn't just me that went down that route. At some length.
Please do, Akri!![]()
Though I agree, it's nice to see a woman in real armor for once. Makes me wonder about armor bite, though. Poorly-fitted armor can slap against you, causing some pretty gnarly bruises. And for most women, the breasts do stick out a bit--so unless they're accounted for you'll have a big gap between the stomach portion of the breastplate and the actual skin. Or lots and lots of padding, or smooshed breasts.
Here's a hint. Why not hold off posting until you've got the quotes ready? It'd make your posts a whole lot less frustrating and annoying to read. To make things even better, you could hold off posting until you've prepared a neat summary of what you find most convincing about the paper and why we should consider reading it, perhaps with some judiciously chosen quotes to back up your argument. Constantly telling us what you're just on the verge of being about to do is really wearing to the reader.
Maybe, but at least she's wearing actual armor and not boobplate (or worse, a chainmail bikini).

There's an article someplace where an armorer discusses the problem of armoring women, and he deals with the concept of boobplate. He seemed to think it was unnecessary (and actually detrimental, because it means sword strikes with be directed toward you instead of being deflected away).
Can't quite remember where I saw it, though. I know he was specifically talking about the sorry state of female character armor in videogames. I might try to track it down later.
I believe so (if not it's extremely similar). Thanks
My little web-book shows that link as 'Emanuela....of the Shroud'
Am I simply an evil, evil person or does does anyone else automatically think of the cinematographic possibilities when they see that phrase?
Cinematographic is quite the word in this precise case. Emanuelle. I can hardly think of another name which brings so much graphic imagery.
Maybe "Debbies".
IIRC the UA lab also dated at least one other "religious" artifact, but I the source eludes me at the moment.
Found it: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8718153&postcount=3786
Thanks, Paheka!
Debbie does the Vatican?
![]()
And power. Don't forget the power.Yes. In fact, you could say it's what connects all organised religions and cults across time and space.
Another crude attempt by shroudies to discredit the dating by innuendo.- I thought that I had cited the following paper already, but I couldn’t find it in the thread. It seems (to me, of course) to make for a good summary of the problems with the carbon dating of the Shroud, and of the reasons why we should be at least somewhat suspicious of the results. I’ll come back with some quotes.
--- Jabba
http://uniroma.academia.edu/Emanuel...ting_for_the_radiocarbon_dating_of_the_Shroud