Doctor Evil
Master Poster
- Joined
- Mar 24, 2008
- Messages
- 2,014
So your evidence is
- two videos from the IDF, saying 'These explosions are so large, they were obviously weapons depots'
and
- a second video, in which the perspective makes it impossible to tell how far the rocket launcher was from a building, let alone what the nature of the building was.
And NB that I'm not saying that Hamas never launches rockets from urban areas... but if what you presented as evidence, then here:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=626&pictureid=6958
See? Hamas only launches rockets from empty fields.
Before posting I did not know if you were unaware of possible evidence to the tactics of Hamas. Your reply convinced me that in fact you will do everything to ignore such evidence when presented to you.
Lets start from my videos. Your response was simply "These explosions are so large, they were obviously weapons depots". Did you even bother do watch them? In one you can clearly see a rocket which was misfired due to the attack on the storage site. It just sits on the ground with its engine burning. I do not need to trust the IDF to know that they were right in this case.
Which brings me back to my question. Did you watch the video? I see two options. 1. You did not watch the video because you do not really care about evidence which may force you to change your views. 2. You watched this video but decided that being dishonest about its interpretation would be a good argument tactic.
The last part of your reply is in my view consistent with your approach, namely to avoid forming a coherent picture of the tactics of both sides in this conflict. Hamas does occasionally fire from open areas, but a majority of its launches are from the urban part of Gaza. There have been many instances in which journalists in Gaza either saw , filmed, or heard rockets being fired from their vicinity. I can find quite a few of those for you. I would do so if you will tell me how many of those would convince you that this is part of a Hamas strategy. Another aspect of Hamas strategy is related to a question I raised in my previous post, namely, where do Hamas store the 10000 or so rockets they still have? I ignored that question. I will give you my guess for the answer. There are two possibilities: 1. Hamas mainly store them in military installations, and 2. Hamas hides them in civilian areas. If the answer was 1. those rockets would have been destroyed by now. Those rockets are hidden in civilian buildings. This is one of the ways in which Hamas actions mean that civilian areas become legitimate military targets.