• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

General Israel/Palestine discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing, even the construction of a system designed to intercept incoming missiles is now an instrument of repression. And it even contains the word "iron" in its designation. Damn Zionists. :mad:
 
Amazing, even the construction of a system designed to intercept incoming missiles is now an instrument of repression. And it even contains the word "iron" in its designation. Damn Zionists. :mad:

There are different types of Zionists. From what I have read, many have come to accept that a reasonable settlement must be reached with the Palestinians.

The name appears to be an unintended irony.
 
There are different types of Zionists. From what I have read, many have come to accept that a reasonable settlement must be reached with the Palestinians.

The name appears to be an unintended irony.

all reasonable people must realize that the current situation in israel/palestine is not tenable.
all people have a right to a secure and prosperous life.
 
I wish for peaceful and reasonable settlement between Israel and Palestine. I want Israeli settlement building outside of Israel to stop and I want them to pull back.

That being said, I don't blame them in the slightest for not pulling back. Every time they seem to do that they get rocket and mortar attacks or the kind that bit_Pattern seems to think would stop if Israel weren't so aggressive.

I can absolutely understand the idea that Israel are too indescriminate. I don't agree, but I can understand it. No one here wants children to be killed afterall.

However, when someone makes the ghoulish attempt to smear the IDF as people who go looking to kill children...yeah, that person is clearly off their meds in some way. Criticise Israeli policy. Criticise civilian deaths. Do not attempt to claim that Israel are deliberately targeting children, particularly to set up a highly nasty and mean spirited tu quoque after someone points out that the murder of children is a Hamas tactic.
 
I wish for peaceful and reasonable settlement between Israel and Palestine. I want Israeli settlement building outside of Israel to stop and I want them to pull back.

That being said, I don't blame them in the slightest for not pulling back. Every time they seem to do that they get rocket and mortar attacks or the kind that bit_Pattern seems to think would stop if Israel weren't so aggressive.
[..]

I fail to see your logic.
Since the opposite side (Palestinians) are doing bad things (i.e. mortars attack), let` s do possibly even more bad things that are completely unrelated to mortar attacks (i.e. steal land).
I fail to see the logic by which stealing land and blocking the formation of the Palestinian state may lead to a decrease in rocket launchs.

Of course, Israeli-supporters do not see the logic by which stealing land may give a reason (or an excuse, if you wish) to extremists to send rockets into Israel

"Us vs them" mentality in full spin here ..
 
Palestinians send their children to try to provoke Israeli soldiers:



"Oh look children, a soldier! Go scream at him and kick him while mommy makes a video! Hopefully we'll get lucky and he'll shoot you dead."

The problem is that she only screamed at him and waved her fists in his face till he got bored and walked off. See what she should have done was pick up a rock and throw it at him, then he might have been more co-operative.
 
all reasonable people must realize that the current situation in israel/palestine is not tenable.
all people have a right to a secure and prosperous life.

That's exactly why the Palestinian supporters in the west should be encouraging the Palestinians to give up, so they can get the opportunity to have that secure and prosperous life. The status quo isn't doing them any good.
 
There are no settlements in Gaza.

What about in the West Bank?
And what about the embargo to Gaza, is it only about guns and rockets or also about tools for construction, etc.?
And why Israel is not accepting the two-state solution?
 
Please tell me when.

This should be good.

Difficult to say who started what since Israeli are killing Palestinians in retaliation to Palestinians sending rockets and Palestinians are sending rockets in retaliation of Israeli killing Palestinians.
And it has been like that since.. well.. 1948?
Earlier?
 
israel started it.
get it?
Pray tell, how did "israel start it":confused:? By becoming a sovereign nation after a UN resolution that was voted through by a huge majority vote? By being invaded shortly thereafter by its neighbouring countries? Hate Israel and/or Jews all you want, but they did in no way "start it". The Palestinians have never recognized the State of Israel -- not even when it was at its UN borders.

I hate it when people try to tell me how "Israel is asking for it" whenever someone attack them. As if the hatred would go away if the Israelis retreated to the UN borders.

Wishful thinking or blind ignorance?

1948 to present.
So there was a war, and borders were moved, and that's justification for terrorism today.

Does that apply to every country that lost territory in the 40's, or just to people killing Jews? Would you support the Finns if they started firing rockets into Russian-occupied areas?

The bigotry of some people astounds me.

When Palestinians do it is terrorism.
When Israeli are doing it is counter-terrorism.
This is the classical "us vs them" logic
How so?
 
Last edited:
During this current exchange, approx 740 rockets have been fired out of Gaza.
Iron Dome has intercepted approx 240 of them. Figure 15% of the missiles are not worth calculating a solution (the system ignores non threatening targets) the array has knocked down about 40% of the attack. Which is incredible, all things considered. If this rate of improvement continues, the implications for defense are profound.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom