• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Bigfoot- Anybody Seen one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you should really work on the manners. I'm sure you've gone over this before, but it doesn't mean you should behave poorly. Patience is a virtue. This thread alone is 147 pages long at the moment, that takes time.


Never mind the 147 pages of failure to support the claim here, consider that the Bigfoot hunting game has taken forever so far, and not a single piece of objective evidence has ever been presented. Forever is a pretty long time. Patience is not only a virtue, it's an absolute requirement when the thing you want to prove will take that long.

Of the folks in "Hollywood FX", please name three that have said it is definitively a suit and that it could have been done in 1967. And I'm not talking about that costume shop guy that can't even make a decent looking gorilla suit. I'm not saying the PGF is real, by the way. I honestly don't know. As for the gait, a compliant gait is not uncommon in heavy people. That isn't enough to say anything. The keys would have to come from anatomy, not just the walk.


No. The keys would come from demonstrating that the alleged creature is a real live actual biological non-human entity. And it's not going to come from watching a film again... and again... and again. The Bigfoot hobbyists have been playing that suit/not-a-suit game for decades now. It's just a way for them to continue to indulge their fantasy.

You are correct in that hair morphology isn't an exact science. That's why I stated that it can normally get you the genus, if not the species. By using that, it can eliminate a lot of the BS and narrow things down to better possibilities. Once that is done, DNA testing can begin for final identification. There aren't that many hair samples out there that can even stand up to the hair morphology test for a primate. If they do, wouldn't it be prudent to look at them? That's really all I'm saying.


So look at them already. Nothing's stopping you. It looks like what you're suggesting here is that Bigfoot "researchers" are a bunch of incompetent bumbling scientist-wannabe's. Tell them how to prove their fantasy is real. You don't have to tell the critical thinkers.

Saying that scientists don't use anecdotal evidence is an absolute falsehood. I've worked with field biologists on many occasions. The use of anecdotal evidence and working with the public is extremely common in wildlife science and many other branches.


And never once have any tales of the alleged Bigfoot resulted in the discovery of an actual living breathing creature. Or bones. Or scat. Or objectively real tracks. Or a clear trail-cam photo or video. When it comes to demonstrating the existence of Bigfoot, all that anecdotal "evidence" has resulted in, well, failure. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Saying that there are no tracks with dermal ridges not shown to be casting artifacts is also incorrect. There aren't many, but there are several documented cases of this, which were verified by fingerprint experts. One of which, I believe, is even purported to have documented sweat glands. You've obviously not studied any kind of tracks, or you would know that they aren't useless by any stretch of the imagination. Its called ichnology. I've spent a lot of time casting and studying tracks of the animals I trapped over the years. There is a lot to learn by looking at casts.


And what have we learned by looking at alleged Bigfoot paw prints? We have learned that humans very often make fake footprint casts. But as far as wildlife research, apparently we've learned nothing, since none of those casts objectively demonstrate that Bigfoot exists.

Eye witness accounts are definitely notoriously inaccurate. That's why I stated that 90-95% of them have to be completely disregarded. That doesn't explain why people that are trained observers and very familiar with local wildlife report seeing an animal fitting that description. Once again, you're dismissing everything based on partial assessment.


That's the same nonsense the "UFO = alien craft" use to bolster their belief. How do you objectively disregard 90% to 95% of eyewitness accounts? Here's how. You do it the same way the alien believers do. You accept the exciting ones, the ones that aren't immediately determined to be obvious mistakes and lies. You shift the burden of proof and accept the ones that smarter, more critically thinking people can't prove are wrong.

And "trained observers"? Really? That's so stale it's got mold growing on it. It's special pleading. Put it away.

The fact stands that "scientists" dismiss any possible evidence without even reviewing it. So, you can't say that scientists have tested the evidence and deemed it fake. That's simply not true in the vast majority of cases. It doesn't seem like there is as much interest in reviewing evidence, be it good or bad, as there is in saying it is useless. That's not skepticism. I get the whole "turd in the punch bowl" concept. That is fine in public arenas, but is not acceptable by scientific standards. It just seems that standards should not be allowed to slip on either side of the discussion.


Do not blame the scientists for your own failure to properly research the matter and to properly assemble and present the alleged evidence. The standards of objective science exist for a reason. On the skeptical side of the discussion those standards are being adhered to pretty rigorously. That's why we can say with confidence that no objective evidence has ever been presented to support the claim that Bigfoot exists. It's on the believers' side of the discussion that all the slipping is occurring.
 
Saying that scientists don't use anecdotal evidence is an absolute falsehood. I've worked with field biologists on many occasions. The use of anecdotal evidence and working with the public is extremely common in wildlife science and many other branches.

Anecdotes aren't evidence for an uncatalogued species; they are subjective claims that need to be corroborated with objective evidence.

This has not occurred with Bigfoot.
 
Think of it like this, you have a crime scene in which the suspect fled barefooted. Base on those prints alone, without extracting DNA or fiber residue, could you ever prove who the individual was? You can't and that is where the footprint evidence falls short. You can say you have a track or print but there is no way to distinguish what or who made it.

Same with the pics and vids, nothing is distinct, and witness testimony is variable. So far you have nothing definitive to say bigfoot exists and it is not the fault of science. If anything, it is the fault of the culture because hoaxing is so rampant, and the limitations of the people who are legitimately looking for the creature. I see it as being the fault of the bigfoot community, as a whole, as the reason that no one wants to seriously consider it's existence or look at the evidence.

You said you had casts of tracks, may we see pics of these please? And any other evidence that you might have that you think is convincing and why you think it is convincing? Because as I said before, without that, you are taking the word of other people who are only self appointed experts.
 
Think of it like this, you have a crime scene in which the suspect fled barefooted. Base on those prints alone, without extracting DNA or fiber residue, could you ever prove who the individual was? You can't and that is where the footprint evidence falls short. You can say you have a track or print but there is no way to distinguish what or who made it.


Your analogy falls short in the very first sentence. We don't even have a crime scene. And although it is correct that there is no way to distinguish what or who made a footprint, all we have are claims that the alleged footprints are meaningful.

Same with the pics and vids, nothing is distinct, and witness testimony is variable. So far you have nothing definitive to say bigfoot exists and it is not the fault of science.


Correct.

If anything, it is the fault of the culture because hoaxing is so rampant, and the limitations of the people who are legitimately looking for the creature.


Nonsense. It's the fault of those who claim there are limitations when in fact there are not. Bigfoot hunters are not legitimately looking for the creature. They're adults dressing up in safari hats and enjoying a children's game of let's-pretend. They are no more legitimately looking for a creature than the SCA folks are legitimately jousting for the honor of the damsel.

I see it as being the fault of the bigfoot community, as a whole, as the reason that no one wants to seriously consider it's existence or look at the evidence.


Although you may be partially correct in that the Bigfoot community as a whole is responsible for their own failure, the reason no one wants to seriously consider its existence or look at the evidence is because out here in the real world, where objective evidence is required, none has been presented.

You said you had casts of tracks, may we see pics of these please? And any other evidence that you might have that you think is convincing and why you think it is convincing? Because as I said before, without that, you are taking the word of other people who are only self appointed experts.


Pictures of casts of tracks? Ridiculous. That's a lot like hearsay of an anecdote of a sighting. And who cares why the credulous believe something is convincing? They're convinced, and without so much as a mote of objective evidence. Already they have demonstrated that their standards lead them to declare success when in fact they continue to fail.

And as far as self appointed experts, that's all the Bigfoot world has. If something like a Bigfoot is ever actually discovered all those self proclaimed experts would be out of a job. Real scientists would be responsible for real research. The weekend warriors, every last one of those alleged Bigfoot experts who are currently engaged in perpetuating the belief, are clearly incompetent when it comes to biology and research. No legitimate scientist would want them around. They'd only be in the way.
 
This might belong on another thread but I dont know...I have lost track as to what belongs on these threads and where. It was alot easier at one point.

I went camping and zip linining last weekend. As this is Ohio it rained like heck.. then became okay weather wise then rained some more just to make sure our tents were wet. Anyway.. I did not see Bigfoot.

One of my friends knowing my proclivity for silliness bought a Zagnut Bar for me to put out in the rain on a stump. I forgot to do this.. ? So I am saving for next time.

I just wanted to share.
 
The Elbe trackway went from "very exciting" to hoax quickly.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/33928-the-elbe-track-line-public-update/

Cliff Barackman of Finding BF fame surely knows BF doesn't exist so I find his anger quite amusing.

http://www.northamericanbigfoot.com/2012/09/the-elbe-wa-trackway.html?m=1

When this story first broke DDA/Noll was receiving all kinds of accolades from such as Hairy Man/Kathy Strain, etc. You would think that DDA's misidentification of an elk's arse and his intial seeming support of this trackway would make him suspect as an authority to the bleevers but of course that won't happen.
 
Bipto:

The eye shine I saw was perfectly round. Like two silver dollars side by side on a flat face. Note that I did not see the face, just the eyes. They were in some foliage uphill from me about 20 yards away. They were looking away from me at first so I saw them in profile. When I exclaimed to have seen them, they looked at me, then back in the original direction again (about a 45 degree angle), then at me again. Perhaps three times back and forth. They were clearly on a flat face. They were highly reflective in that I was shining my flashlight in that direction while the sun was still up and couldn't see the effect of that light. There wasn't much light hitting them, but they were reflecting a lot back. Once the animal realized it was busted, it put its face down flat towards the ground.

Now, I never saw that animal. The only other kind of critter with that kind of face that lives in those woods (besides the monkeys) would be an owl. However, as soon as it became clear we were agitated by what was in this bush, we heard at least three other large animals converging on its location (one from the east, one from the west, and one from the northwest), all on the slope of the mountain. We were also growled at by the animal to the east. We retreated from the area and heard the animals move away. All this was right behind the cabin in which we stay. It's our assumption that those eyes belonged to a wood ape. The area from which I saw the eye shine was very close to where I saw the "sniper lay."


Interesting indeed. He saw all of this stuff, but didn't see it. OK.

Earlier in the thread there were more reports of gunfire. Interesting. Usually when hunters shoot at something, they collect it or at least know what they are shooting at.

It's interesting to watch this play out. I'd love to hear that conversation with fish and game. Sir, we heard some shots fired over here at night. Yeah, uhm... we were shooting at bigfoot.

Still want to know what the official police report says they were shooting at, and why from the other incident. Any chance of seeing that Bipto?
 
Bipto is saying that there have been something like six shooting episodes at area X. I find this fascinating.
 
River said:
Bipto:

The eye shine I saw was perfectly round. Like two silver dollars side by side on a flat face. Note that I did not see the face, just the eyes. They were in some foliage uphill from me about 20 yards away. They were looking away from me at first so I saw them in profile. When I exclaimed to have seen them, they looked at me, then back in the original direction again (about a 45 degree angle), then at me again. Perhaps three times back and forth. They were clearly on a flat face. They were highly reflective in that I was shining my flashlight in that direction while the sun was still up and couldn't see the effect of that light. There wasn't much light hitting them, but they were reflecting a lot back.

Well, now we know the hoaxer wears John Lennon glasses. Or airline pilot ones, but Lennons would be more likely since he specifically calls out "silver dollars" and that's almost exactly the right size.
 
I find it a bit disturbing myself if the rest of the shootings were at night.
 
Your Honor, we thought we were shooting at Wood Apes, they ran so fast, and scissor-kicked as they ran.
 
Bipto says that the eyeshine incident could not credibly be attributed to an owl because it originated from bush and not a tree.

So, here is the reasoning: eyeshine coming from bush that shows round eyes on a flat face in a remote area of Oklahoma, and the incredible explanation is owl and the rational explanation is anomalous ape.

I think Bigfooters become so acculturated by Bigfoot lore that they sometimes flip critical thought upside down and make the mundane ridiculous and the ridiculous mundane.

Also, on his podcast he vocally reproduces the "growl" of the Wood Ape in the bush. If I'm recalling correctly, a guest tells Bipto he has just made a sound he has heard many times before, made by deer.

Also, for the record it should be noted that D. Coyler, who claimed to unload his shotgun at a Wood Ape last year, claimed previously to have seen one years earlier in southeast Texas crossing his path as he was leaving a baseball game. Also, he thinks he may have seen a young Wood Ape with the one he shot at. I asked Bipto if Coyler actually claimed he saw two apes on that occasion (the TBRC doesn't mention a second ape), and he did not exactly volunteer information beyond this, Coyler said he "clearly" saw one ape. Technically true, but a little misleading by omission.
 
Bipto says that the eyeshine incident could not credibly be attributed to an owl because it originated from bush and not a tree.

So, here is the reasoning: eyeshine coming from bush that shows round eyes on a flat face in a remote area of Oklahoma, and the incredible explanation is owl and the rational explanation is anomalous ape.

I wonder if there is anything else that might have round, reflective "eyes" that someone would be likely to use at night...

picture.php
 
I wonder if there is anything else that might have round, reflective "eyes" that someone would be likely to use at night...

[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=546&pictureid=6740[/qimg]

Very good point, given that the eyeshine was seen near the location of the "sniper" ground position. Good point indeed.
 
Eyeshine in profile?

Is that even possible?

I take Bipto's comment to mean the eyeshine faced him and turned to look away. I don't think he is saying he could see the eyeshine in profile. But, how could he tell the perp was flat faced?

The events at Area X have a lot of imaginative filling in of information that is biased.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom