• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Scientology abandoned by Hubbard's granddaughter & Miscavige's father

Fred usual tactics to avoid direct questions are
1, Change the subject.
2. Make some innocuous remark that we can all agree on ( a particular CoS learnt tactic)
3. Direct you to read one of LRH's books or to a CoS "information" site.
4. Say he doesn't care as it doesn't affect him, he's never seen/experienced it so can't comment.
5. Play the "you can't diss my religious beliefs" card so anyone who criticises CoS is just a bigot

Plus the Richard Nixon's dog schtick.
 
Myriad - I won't even bother attempting to explain Justinian's explanations of the subject matter of what a spiritual being is or is not capable of. I would refer you to Ron's works on the subject instead of my rewriting everything he wrote on the subject.


3.
 
Where are the clear Olympians?

You'd think that having control over MEST would allow $cientologists to clean up at the Olympics. So where are all the clear gold medal winners?

Steve S
 
You'd think that having control over MEST would allow $cientologists to clean up at the Olympics. So where are all the clear gold medal winners?

Steve S

You don't win money at the Olympics, so it wouldn't interest them.
 
More OT superpower "success" stories:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientologys_ot.php

I liked this one:

Phoenix for many years has been hot, dry desert country with mountains that are fascinating to me and my family.

One night we decided to take a trip up to the mountains. We climbed, using flashlights, and finally reached a peak where we could see all the lights of Phoenix spread in a wide vista before us.

Then we sat down on the rocks to look at the beautiful scene and get in communication with the beings in the area.

By getting in communication with the beings we discovered some weather controlling machines that were installed in each mountain peak around the valley that is Phoenix. They were installed there eons ago to assure fair weather for the space port which was in operation there at the time.

By auditing the beings running them, we knocked out all those machines. And Phoenix has been having rain or floods ever since. The whole desert is turning into lush greenery.

Thanks to Ron for the tech to be OT. One can only be OT by making the data his own and using it to the fullest. -- Rod Martin, OT
 
Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick, did I just read this? Way too funny. Your water wasn't free.

I've been skipping your posts because convoluted thinking isn't easy to follow, but the little soliloquy "when I was a little boy" was worth following for humor.

Thank you. It's nice to be appreciated.
 
I wonder why he is going to such lengths to deny that scientology is nothing but a con. It's obvious to anyone who has done a little research into the cult.

I was trying to be open minded about it. It's getting harder to field any objections though.
 
Another one

Since my wife and I have completed OT IIIX, we play a game with each other called "tag." We place our bodies in a safe environment and then one of us will pick some place on the planet to hide. It's the other's job to find out where the hiding place is.

Last night I hid in a mummy in a buried pyramid in Egypt. It's no trick to find each other. Wanda's and my affinity level is high enough so we can spot each other quickly, regardless of mock-up. But the game is for Wanda to figure out where I am hiding.

Using her exterior perceptics she pieces together clues from what she sees and feels, hears, etc. This is a real fun game and helps us to practice OT abilities.

Ability requires practice so that it achieves full function. This game is how Wanda and I practice and have fun too. -- Mike Madias, OT

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/scientology_on_9.php

LOL
 
Its an interesting question/point. One that has been portrayed in various media reports in the past. And with the advent of the internet has been passed along. Not sure how to comment upon it as responding to such things could be a never ending task of responding to one allegation/rumor/insult after another. (clipped the rest to save space)

What you say sounds right. Scientology is losing the PR battle. And what else am I to do in a world with so much to explore and so little life to do it in. I cannot personally investigate every last thing I'm interested in. Efficiency is attractive if for no other reason than this.
 
It's an pernicious cult. Not much to be open minded about.

Yeah, well, you try to be fair and all. That scientology kids site has a pretty good Q&A with an ex-scientologist who is very persuasive. He seems to think (at least back in 2009, where I'm still reading) that Miscavage has dictatorial control and pretty much just shallow minions.

His take is that it will implode because of that structure. If I want to attend an Anonymous protest, I'll have to get off my ass before they go extinct.
 
An interesting anecdote on that happened to me recently.

Here comes a parable, little children. The parable of the Surprised Skeptic :p

Having lunch with a small group and Scientology came up in the middle of discussion about different science fiction novels. One person made a brief comment about Scientology that was less than exemplary. After lunch I mentioned my affiliation with the church to him which surprised him to say the least.

His biggest surprise was that I was completely unlike what he thought Scientologists were like - brainwashed, couldn't think for themselves, etc. (The usual stuff.) Since he has known me for a while he had a personal opinion of me that was quite contrary to his opinion of Scientologists.

His opinion was basically formed from things he had read on the net. I can't do much about what someone reads and or decides to think but I can try to set a good example when and where I can.

It was interesting to see him grapple with the two conflicting opinions.

About the only thing I can really take from this and the many things said about me as a Scientologist is that almost none of the people saying them really have clue what my religions basics beliefs and principles are. Yet many individuals on the net seem to think they do know without studying any of our basic texts or works.

Beautiful! Hundreds of words, not one of them about Scientology. All about how people do not understand what it is. And gosh little children, do you see how in the parable you must grapple with the paradox that Scientology is held in such low esteem, except that all the real Scientologists you meet are the most awesome people around?

Are you going to trust your own lying eyes or my parable?

The abusive and paranoid psychology of Hubbard just screams through these very carefully controlled postings. Scientologists seem to vary in their ability to keep a cool exterior while doing it.
 
It was interesting to see him grapple with the two conflicting opinions.

About the only thing I can really take from this and the many things said about me as a Scientologist is that almost none of the people saying them really have clue what my religions basics beliefs and principles are. Yet many individuals on the net seem to think they do know without studying any of our basic texts or works.

How do you think Scientology can do a better job of getting the word out? Especially in the face of so much material critical of the church?

I have read that only about one in a hundred people who take the initial series of courses sticks with it (say a year or more after) -- does that sound right?

Is there some way to both keep information exclusive and simultaneously reveal the value in Scientology that you have found?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom