• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Scientology abandoned by Hubbard's granddaughter & Miscavige's father

I would like to tell the felonious government of Florida what a scam the entire timeshare industry is. You pay $80,000 for a couple of timeshares that can't be sold. Try to sell and you pay another group of scam artists $1500 to sell and they wind up getting you a few hundred and conveying them to another felon that will do the necessary paperwork to take them for free - or just take your $1500 and run.

I would think that I was better than the other sheep/citizens of this country in that I want to improve things. Most people just go baaaaaah, like the sheep they are.

Surely LRH's teachings would stop you falling for such scams?
 
2,163 Australians, if your figures are correct.

I think bad press in the media, the Internet in general and the Freezone in particular have all taken their toll. It remains to be seen whether these will be fatal or just a temporary dip in numbers. On a related issue, we have been told that releasing certain documents held secret by Scientology would have a detrimental effect if made public. They have been made public and there has been a detrimental effect, a poisoning of the well.

Yeah, an origin myth that involves galactic overlords and volcanoes will tend to make a religion look a bit like bad science fiction.
 
Surely LRH's teachings would stop you falling for such scams?

Of course it does. After being regged by Scientology, I have never fallen for a timeshare scam; I am immune to sales pitches. I just listen to to a timeshare presentation, take their gift and enjoy the day.

I am trying to recover money for the estate of a desceased relative. If you weren't so quick to rush to judgement, you would know this.
 
Last edited:
Justin, can you not see what a trap this kind of thinking is?

What you basically believe is that scientology (or at least the "tech") works in a somewhat magical way, unless it doesnt, in which case the person wasnt doing it right.

Do you understand the concept of confirmation bias?

These three insults and can't be responded to without breaking the rules.
 
Last edited:
2,163 Australians, if your figures are correct.

I think bad press in the media, the Internet in general and the Freezone in particular have all taken their toll. It remains to be seen whether these will be fatal or just a temporary dip in numbers. On a related issue, we have been told that releasing certain documents held secret by Scientology would have a detrimental effect if made public. They have been made public and there has been a detrimental effect, a poisoning of the well.

To be honest, it isn't entirely about the numbers though. Each Scientologist determines on their own whether they will stay or leave. They have the freedom to choose. The falling numbers at least demonstrate one thing -- this isn't some evil brainwashing cult that turns people into mindless followers. Individuals choose to stay the course or leave. Those who find value stay. Those who don't, don't.

Where do these numbers come from? Are these the people claiming tax deductions? In 1973, I claimed my entire salary as a deduction to Scientology. I got audited, but won!
 
These three insults and can't be responded to without breaking the rules.

You might try explaining why you don't see it as a trap. You might explain how you are willing to accept the possibility that when Scientology fails to perform the miracles claimed by it's fans, it might be the fault of the tech, not the people involved. In other words, you might let us know you understand that "system" with the word science in it should be falsifiable.
 
So, if $cientology was out to get me too, where would I go to find allies, friends, lawyers or justice?
 
Where do these numbers come from? Are these the people claiming tax deductions? In 1973, I claimed my entire salary as a deduction to Scientology. I got audited, but won!

What did you win? Expenses you claim as tax deductible are still expenses. If you saved, say, 40% tax on them, you still effectively paid the other 60%.

And I doubt your claim, the timeline doesn't fit. From wiki:
After being recognized as a tax-exempt religious organization in 1957, Scientology's tax-exempt status was lost in a 1967 IRS audit.[5] As part of the effort to regain tax exemption during the late 1970s, Scientologists repeatedly infiltrated the IRS, copying large numbers of documents and at one point placing an electronic bugging device in an IRS conference room.[5] These actions took place within a program code-named "Operation Snow White" (see below)
Operation Snow White only started in 1973. So how could you claim those costs as tax deductible in 1973? :confused:
 
The basis for my beliefs in Scientology, is the synopsis of the religion contained the "The Scientology Handbook", a 783 page book that weighs 7 pounds. It contains no reference to Xenu.
Really, the weight of the book is important? Or do you use it for succussing as part of making homeopathic medicine? :rolleyes:
 
What did you win? Expenses you claim as tax deductible are still expenses. If you saved, say, 40% tax on them, you still effectively paid the other 60%.

And I doubt your claim, the timeline doesn't fit. From wiki:

Operation Snow White only started in 1973. So how could you claim those costs as tax deductible in 1973? :confused:

Because it didn't stop in Imaginationland or Liarville
 
I would like to tell the felonious government of Florida what a scam the entire timeshare industry is. You pay $80,000 for a couple of timeshares that can't be sold. Try to sell and you pay another group of scam artists $1500 to sell and they wind up getting you a few hundred and conveying them to another felon that will do the necessary paperwork to take them for free - or just take your $1500 and run.

I would think that I was better than the other sheep/citizens of this country in that I want to improve things. Most people just go baaaaaah, like the sheep they are.

Seriously, Dude. People who get fleeced in timeshare scams are PTS. You'd better steer clear.
 
Of course it does. After being regged by Scientology, I have never fallen for a timeshare scam; I am immune to sales pitches. I just listen to to a timeshare presentation, take their gift and enjoy the day.

I am trying to recover money for the estate of a desceased relative. If you weren't so quick to rush to judgement, you would know this.

What caused you to mistakenly type a word twice? That seems dangerously close to dyslexia to me.
 
Yeah, an origin myth that involves galactic overlords and volcanoes will tend to make a religion look a bit like bad science fiction.

Ah yes, OT3. Have you read OT3 yet, Justinian? If not, be careful, you might get all kinds of horrible diseases according to LRH. From Karin Spaink's page the first paragraph of OT3:
The head of the Galactic Federation (76 planets around larger stars visible from here) (founded 95,000,000 years ago, very space opera) solved overpopulation (250 billion or so per planet, 178 billion on average) by mass implanting. He caused people to be brought to Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H-Bomb on the principal volcanos (Incident II) and then the Pacific area ones were taken in boxes to Hawaii and the Atlantic area ones to Las Palmas and there "packaged".

His name was Xenu.
 
Really, the weight of the book is important? Or do you use it for succussing as part of making homeopathic medicine? :rolleyes:

The point was that before pulling out a sentence here and there from which to define Scientology, people should refer to the book which is a synopsis of Scientology.

People have been collected irrelevant phrases with which to discredit Scientology for more than 50 years. Look at all the stuff they have on George Bush and he was only president for eight years!

Here is one LRH quote: There are no conflicts which cannot be resolved unless the true promoters of them remain hidden.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom