• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Scientology abandoned by Hubbard's granddaughter & Miscavige's father

Irony meters at the ready.

Creepy, maybe even evil L. Rupert Murdock calls scientology "creepy, maybe even evil" on twitter.

Tom Cruise's publicist has asked that his privacy be respected at this time. What do Scientologists know about respecting pivacy.
 
Maybe they were upset because, after all of those years, they were still not Clear about the point of Scientology.
 
I'm still shocked that a church that has an "Office of Special Affairs" and "Church Operatives" can behave so badly. Shocked I tell you.
 
A lot of Scientologists are fleeing Miscaviage, not the teachings of Scientology, he basically runs it like a Mob boss and people have been intimidated for years. The more people speak out the more Miscaviage should step down. But since he won't they will probably start a new branch.
 
A lot of Scientologists are fleeing Miscaviage, not the teachings of Scientology, he basically runs it like a Mob boss and people have been intimidated for years. The more people speak out the more Miscaviage should step down. But since he won't they will probably start a new branch.

They already do, sort of: the Free Zone.
 
They already do, sort of: the Free Zone.

There are two types of ex-scientologists.
1) Those that believe in Hubbard's teachings.
2) Those that don't.

Both types exist in the Freezone. Most Freezoners believe in the teaching of LRH. Some Freezoners enjoy the services, but choose to ignore LRH. They say something like this: "I don't like Scientology, but I want to buy more auditing and training anyway"

Most of the objectionable parts of Scientology have been removed by Freezone practitioners. Most Scientologists that have left the Church of Scientology really like the Freezone and get gains consistent with the fees.

It's hard to label things anyway. I believe in democracy, but not the type we practice. I believe in capitalism, but not the type we practice. I believe in the free market, but not our type. I believe conservatives and liberals are inaccurate descriptions. I don't believe in Republicans or Democrats. I believe in justice, but not our type. I believe in Scientology, but not the type the church practices.
 
Most of the objectionable parts of Scientology have been removed by Freezone practitioners. Most Scientologists that have left the Church of Scientology really like the Freezone and get gains consistent with the fees.


I have trouble believing that most Scientologists who have left the church really like the Freezone -- unless you mean those who have left, but continue to believe in Scn in some way.
 
JREF is slipping. Where is the punch line "Splitters!" for this topic? Posts 24 to 26 were the perfect set up for that one.

Are you all feeling well?

Also, in re the OP: BFD. Many a preacher's son or daughter leaves the religion he or she grew up with.

PPS: is FredCarr one of the splitters, or is he hanging with the orthodoxy?

Fred, you still around?
 
Miscavige?

popular-front.jpg
 
I believe in Scientology, but not the type the church practices.

Can you explain what you find compelling about it? Have you been indoctrinated by the church at some point in your life is did you read dianetics and go "This is it!!!"?
 
What you pay for. A few years ago a colleague of mine at a company I worked for claimed he was looking for something spiritual and started getting into Scientology. He went to a couple of services and some of his Co$ friends took to picking him up at work to go to these services.

At that point, I sat him down and really explained what the Co$ was all about, that it was started as a way for LRH to get rich real quick, and that it was a scheme to get him to spend lots of money buying their material. He didn't buy it first, but a couple of weeks later and what I can only assume was a couple of hundred dollars later, he thanked me and dropped out.

If only Tom would sit down with me for a bit.
 
Can you explain what you find compelling about it? Have you been indoctrinated by the church at some point in your life is did you read dianetics and go "This is it!!!"?

Because of the stuff described in "What is Scientology" and other reasons.

I, like a lot of people that enjoy the Freezone, don't like organizations. The Freezone isn't an organization so much as a movement.
 
Have you ever met an S.P.?

Haven't we all?

I have noticed that most SP's have no power. Their words don't effect me.

If the SP is a judge, a politician a police officer, or a boss and they are in a position to cause me harm, then they can hurt me. Wasn't Hitler in a position where he could cause us harm?

Today, most dumb SPs will get thrown out of their organization before they cause harm. They call it sexual harassment, bullying or assault. Today people are more aware of the dumb SP.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom