• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: Why do I need official provenance to read her tweets and draw a conclusion any more than people do about GZ, or anyone else ?
You wonder about GZ prescription meds, but I am the one wandering into the land of speculation with no context ??

I was doing that in response to all the talk about the three drug dealers at the 7/11. You should be aware by this point that I think all of this BS about burglary tools and drug deals is racist, and points to a bias that I feel is behind all this unwarranted support that George is getting from the right.

But it is a fact that George was on meds.

OK. You obviously didn't read her tweets or really understand the context since your comparison is not accurate, but that's fine.

True. I don't know where they came from or if they are real. Until I see them in court or in any pre-trial motion, I'll reserve judgment on them.

Along with her offering to lie to DLR and her changing her story, no evidence. :rolleyes:

Wow. Total hyperbole.

When did she say the hilited part ?

At the very end of that interview. She kept saying how guilty she felt and wouldn't say why.


If that's what you want to assume.

Well, considering how much deference we have to give to George and how quickly we accuse DD of "offering to lie", I'd say it's warranted.

So where are the perjury charges ? What lie did he tell ?

I didn't say he committed perjury. I said he lied. That he and his wife orchestrated a fraud on the court is so eye-bleedingly obvious at this point I don't understand why you need to hear it again. He directed his wife to hide the money. He sat like a potted palm while his lawyer filed a motion declaring him indigent and sat and allowed his wife to commit perjury on his behalf. And he turned in the expired passport but kept the current one. At this point, he's a proven liar.

OK. You asked a question, I answered it. Sorry you don't like my answer.

I like your answer just fine. I just think you're wrong. :D
 
So where are the perjury charges ? What lie did he tell ?

Lying and committing perjury are not the same things.

As far as I know, Zimmerman didn't commit perjury.

But he most definitely lied, at least by proxy through his wife and attorney.

Now, if you want to split hairs and say Zimmerman didn't technically lie because the lies didn't come directly from him, you go right ahead. (A hair, by the way, you didn't seem too keen to split when it came to assessing Martin's guilt in a burglary-related offense. But I digress.)

But that he engaged in dishonest behavior is not in question.
 
And tells a different story recently, BTW.

Was that the impression you got? Or was it more along the lines of him being questioned again and going into more detail and explaining why he made logical inferences on who was yelling and hitting?

Here are his statements, you find out exactly why he's 'telling a different story' and can judge for yourself his veracity.
 
I like your answer just fine. I just think you're wrong. :D

OK. I don't know what traction we'll see on this one until trial, unless her name is revealed for certain. Other than that, it seems like evidence of a hospital stay may not be something in the discovery. Until then, we can just disagree. :)
 
Was that the impression you got? Or was it more along the lines of him being questioned again and going into more detail and explaining why he made logical inferences on who was yelling and hitting?

No, it's the first one. What Ben said.

Here you go:
Witness #6 said:
I can't truly see how close they were to each other; if he was hitting him, or if he was trying to hold him down in that position until cops got there.
 
Could someone refresh my memory? Once Omara became aware of it, did Omara come forth with the information that GZ had not included the information about the money before the prosecution knew, or revealed it knew, anything about it? In other words, did Omara proactively inform the court?
 
How many times a day do you walk behind someone, how about get out of a vehicle? But don't worry, none of that stuff is illegal. By the way, it's probably ok if you're walking behind someone and they decide to turn around and deck you. Right?

Myself? Purposefully pull my car over and stare at someone, and then get out and follow them after they pass by, as Zimmerman did? Actually, I *never* do this, because pretty much every guy where I'm from would see this as threatening. And as a matter of fact, if I'm walking behind a woman, at night, on an otherwise empty street, I'll likely walk to the other side to let her know that I'm not about to jump her from behind.

It's interesting how so many of Zimmerman's defenders make it out like Zimmerman just pulled over for a stroll, and just happened to be somewhere near Martin when he did this. In reality, it's perfectly clear that Zimmerman had decided, for no apparent reason, that he had to at the very least keep a close watch on Martin. And given that all Martin knew was that some random guy was chasing him when he was just walking home, I'd say he was absolutely correct to be frightened or upset.
 
This exchange:


She knew about the money. The transcripts from her conversations with her husband prove that.

She committed perjury.

Game over.

Unless of course she thinks they're talking about their own assets and not the ones that came in through the paypal account, which she acknowledges in the next question, doesn't she?

Note there's no surprise on the part of the prosecutor, nor even much interest in finding out the correct amount, is there? Maybe that's because both of them thought he was referring to what she had inherently and not the money that was being transferred temporarily and in the process of being spent to allow them to live in hiding? The rest of which would end up in an account for legal expenses they didn't actually have direct access to?
 
Charges are not convictions. Let's keep that in mind. The State can charge whatever they want, just about. It doesn't mean the defendant is guilty, or that the State will be able to prove the charges. People often look very guilty, and don't get convicted.
 
No, it's the first one. What Ben said.

Here you go:

Yep, and that he was sure that Trayvon was the one on top. You didn't include that part, did you? I think people should listen to the whole thing, my suspicion is that 'John' will turn out to be an excellent witness to the event corroborating George Zimmerman's account.

Being as there's copious physical evidence of it occurring, the likelihood that Trayvon was hitting George Zimmerman is pretty damned high. 'John' noting that Trayvon was in control of the fight, surprised him by refusing to disengage when 'John' told him he was calling police, and just exactly why he came to the logical conclusion that it was George Zimmerman yelling for help suggests to me that parsing things out of context to try to pretend he 'changed his story' won't make him a less credible witness in court.

Incidentally, have you wondered why the prosecution wanted to hide George Zimmerman's statements to police from the public? :)
 
Could someone refresh my memory? Once Omara became aware of it, did Omara come forth with the information that GZ had not included the information about the money before the prosecution knew, or revealed it knew, anything about it? In other words, did Omara proactively inform the court?

Yes. That's where this all started. Zimmerman told MOM. MOM told the court.
 
Incidentally, have you wondered why the prosecution wanted to hide George Zimmerman's statements to police from the public? :)

Probably for a similar reason his defence team did.

Whereas we know the party making the application for that release, the media, is motivated solely by a desire for Truth, Justice, and Amway.
 
There is no evidence Martin attacked Zimmerman, so I'm not sure what would possess someone to make such a ridiculous statement.

Johnny, the marks all over George Zimmerman's face are evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Not absolute evidence, but evidence none the less.

Otherwise how do you suppose they convict people for mugging people if there's no video cameras around? After all the victim might have attacked the mugger! :p
 
Discovery says W9 was never ID'd.

But the list of discovery shows W9 and Perkins, who took the call on 2/28.

Then it shows a 3/20 date for SAO. So they apparently did ID the caller and get a statement?
 
Probably for a similar reason his defence team did.

It is in the interest of the defense to want that sealed in a high profile case, statements might be cherry-picked from it to defame the defendant even if the context itself is exculpatory.

Sometimes the prosecution might have the same concern, however having followed this case and how they've released information I suspect they're not as concerned that George Zimmerman's statements are correctly reported. Which begs the question as to why they didn't want it public...

Whereas we know the party making the application for that release, the media, is motivated solely by a desire for Truth, Justice, and Amway.

I like fantasy worlds too, we just don't live in one! :p
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom