This is The End
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Sep 14, 2007
- Messages
- 10,925
The passport is a non issue since he relinquished the second one to his attorney before the issue came up in court.
You mean before it came up in court the second time, at the motion to revoke bond?
He did not turn it in until after the first bond hearing, at which he let his lawyer lie and say there was only one in existence.
I believe I covered the passport issue quite exhaustively in this post:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8340285&postcount=12010
Read that post and tell me the prosecution didn't have something there.
Remember, the prosecution had days to look into it. AFAIK the Judge did not look at it nearly as long.
If you say there is no way the judge missed something, you are also saying that the prosecution fabricated a pant-load. Remember, they lead with the passport section in the motion.
We already know there will be another bond hearing. There's no doubt about that.
I'm not as sure as you....
"Zimmerman certainly has some explaining to do, but his legal team has not decided if he will speak on his own behalf.
"My understanding was that Judge Lester seemed to indicate that he wanted testimony. That is a very complex decision to make about what effect that would have, not only at the hearing itself, but any future testimony, so we haven’t made that decision yet," O’Mara said."
Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...14483652/-/531c5ez/-/index.html#ixzz1wsEb5l4V
Judge Lester made it clear Z would need to testify if he wanted a new Bond hearing.
If GZ insists on a bond rehearing, his lawyer will officially be in crapping bricks territory.
Wow. That's a tough call for Z and his lawyer to make.
Z has to either sit in prison, or testify at another bond hearing.
Which makes the third option (which I believe JoeTheJuggler was the first to suggest after the news on Friday) sound a bit better than those two options.
Plea deal.
Since then I believe there was some clarification that he will be compelled to testify, not necessarily "forced" to testify at a future bond hearing.
Either way I read that to mean if he doesn't testify at the future bond hearing the judge isn't likely to grant it.
And aside from all that! there is this:
----------------------------This prosecutor tends to spring things on the defense at hearings, so I expect that to continue.
My guess will be that at the next bond hearing, Corey might come out with charges regarding the bond/passport deal.
If GZ made a mistake, and is an honest person, he should be able to testify without any trouble at a new bond hearing.
If not, then he's in deeper water than he was before.
I could not agree more with that.
---------------------
As you are well aware, the judge dismissed the prosecutor's motion on the passport, saying that the explanation was reasonable.
The judge rejected the prosecutor's motion on the passport. Period. End of story. Zimmerman didn't have the other one.
I seriously can't believe you are still saying that.
No motion was "dismissed".
No motion was "rejected".
No motion was "lost".
No motion was "denied".
In reality, the motion to revoke bond was "granted".
All the judge said was that one part of the motion had less merit than another part.
Which I believe I covered quite thoroughly in the link I posted above:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8340285&postcount=12010
Some of us realize that judges are human and make mistakes. Some of us on the other hand only believe the prosecution could be wrong.
The funny part is it doesn't even matter. The motion to revoke was granted.
I also noticed you never acknowledged this post:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8340778&postcount=12048
Or read this one:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8340807&postcount=12050