GWCarver
Muse
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2012
- Messages
- 899
It's not even remotely the same thing. There is demonstrable proof that Zimmerman's wife lied on the stand, as I outlined in this post.
When or if the prosecution might charge her with perjury is a separate question, and one for which I have no answer.
Conversely, there is no evidence that Gilbreath lied on the stand. Only speculation. And I'm pretty sure speculation isn't enough to warrant a perjury charge.
Well, I challenged you to come up with Shelly's lies and you gave me two examples. I'll concede I simply can't rebut them at this time and they do appear to be lies. However, like I said in an earlier post, I'm not throwing in the towel until I can review all of the recordings made of Shelly and Z discussing their finances.
I do think there is more to this than meets the eye. Not only were no new charges brought by the State, but the state didn't even request that bond be revoked commencing on the day of the media hearing:
From Jeralyn:
"The State's attorney didn't even expect the judge to revoke bond Friday. He asked the judge to hold a further hearing, in camera if necessary, where GZ and his wife could explain. He said he wanted bond revoked or increased."
Then this:
"And you haven't heard all the jail recordings. You heard the prosecutor refer to a few quotes. Until you have heard all the jail calls between them, not just portions of cherry-picked calls, it's not "clear" he and his wife knew the amount of the funds or believed the funds belonged to them."
And finally, this about Z's right to remain silent many have been asking about:
"GZ has a right to remain silent. And the judge's decision on whether to grant GZ a new bond has to be based on the same criteria as the first bond, whether the proof is evident and presumption of guilt. He can't permanently deny GZ bond solely as punishment for misrepresenting his finances. I doubt he's going to say standing by like a potted plant about the money affects whether bond should be set.
I suspect the judge will rethink saying GZ must testify. Clearly, he invited the state's attorney to file an additional criminal charge against GZ's wife. GZ has potential criminal exposure and clearly would not have to testify. The judge can't make him forego one constitutional right (right to remain silent) to exercise another (right to bail.)"
Jeralyn's above comments are scattered around this page:
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/6/3/14539/85018