• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Founder of Sea Shepherd Arrested in Germany

So..Noah...how does Sea Shepherd justify acts like this?


They don't need to.

This isn't Greenpeace, where you put flowers into your hair and sing songs and hope that telling people not to do something actually works. SSCS has never and will never tell you one thing and do another. They're an action group, not a protest group.
 
Research?

That's a joke, right? Sorry I can't tell.

The ship is covered in loud RESEARCH markings. We know that research vessels exist and that some of these vessels take an occasional whale for biological study.

Are you contending that specific vessel was not a research vessel? If so, based on what?
 
The ship is covered in loud RESEARCH markings. We know that research vessels exist and that some of these vessels take an occasional whale for biological study.

Are you contending that specific vessel was not a research vessel? If so, based on what?

"Occasional whale"?

1,000 is the quota. It's far from an occasional whale. The RESEARCH on the side of the vessel is a joke. It's a pretty poor attempt at implying they're not commercially whaling - which IS against the law, especially in a protected area.
 
"Occasional whale"?

1,000 is the quota. It's far from an occasional whale.

It's legal.

The RESEARCH on the side of the vessel is a joke. It's a pretty poor attempt at implying they're not commercially whaling - which IS against the law, especially in a protected area.

We know that's the case with this vessel because...?
 
Not true.

I don't know the outcome of this, and a fair assmption would be that it's stuck in paperwork phase, but they're clearly using a loophole that needs to be shut. Until it is, Sea Shepherd gets my support, financially and emotionally.

Did you read the article in your link? I mean, really read it?

It doesn't say any laws were broken, only that some eco-tards in Australia want it stopped. That doesn't make it illegal. In fact, it's basically proof of it's legality. Were it illegal, Australia (or a nation with an actual Navy) could have stopped it by now. As it currently stands, Japan can kill X number of whales per year. Period.
 
im proud to have donated money to them. I hope they get bigger ships that can sink whale hunter boats.

Excellent. Because financiers of terrorists can be prosecuted too.

... and the authorities ARE doing something: arresting and prosecuting this criminal. :)

So much for your donation.
 
Maybe I'll start watching Whale Wars again this season, just to see that. That crew is more comical than Gilligan.
 
I've watched Whale Wars a few times, and it's pretty obvious that all those "research" signs are a load of rubbish. It's just to maintain plausible deniability.

With that said, I personally don't care about whales, and I'm not sure why I should. But when we're talking about Watson and gang "flaunting the law" or whatever, let's remember that it goes both ways. The only difference is that the Japanese whalers are competent at what they do and enjoy the tacit support of their country, whereas Paul Watson and company are highly incompetent.
 
If they don't want to be in danger they could always not kill whales. It's not like it serves any useful scientific or economic purpose.

There is an economic purpose. Have you seen the price of whale meat on some market, or the bubbler price ? You are certainly not the targeted market, but that don't mean the market don't exist.
 
Did you read the article in your link? I mean, really read it?

It doesn't say any laws were broken, only that some eco-tards in Australia want it stopped. That doesn't make it illegal. In fact, it's basically proof of it's legality. Were it illegal, Australia (or a nation with an actual Navy) could have stopped it by now. As it currently stands, Japan can kill X number of whales per year. Period.

That's the "loophole" portion of the "loophole".

They're exploiting a flaw in the law. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
 
Not true.

I don't know the outcome of this, and a fair assmption would be that it's stuck in paperwork phase, but they're clearly using a loophole that needs to be shut. Until it is, Sea Shepherd gets my support, financially and emotionally.

Using A loophole *IS* to on the legal side.

But rather than admit it , and admit the vigilant were in the wrong (since they were ramming people doing LEGAL stuff) , you still pretend the shepherd ******** were in the right.

Until the law changed then vigilantism should be rightfully put in prison. You may even call that civil protest if you wish, but civil protest imply you accept what you are doing is ILLEGAL, and you get to be put in prison.

I am glad the guy is headed to a place where he can't put other in danger.
 
Yep.

Therefore, legal.

You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Now, should it be made illegal? Probably. But that doesn't make it illegal right now.

It means that they only people who CAN do something about it are groups like Sea Shepherd. That's what it means. And since they're they only ones who seem to want to enforce the ban on commercial whaling in the Southern Ocean, they're the ones who get my support.

As far as I'm concerned the Japanese whalers can get all their ships sunk. The day the Nissan Maru slips beneath the waves will be a banner day indeed.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom