Marduk
Banned
- Joined
- Apr 26, 2009
- Messages
- 10,183
So..Noah...how does Sea Shepherd justify acts like this?
thats awful, the way that Jap ship reversed deliberately into the Steve Irwin
won't somebody please think of the children
So..Noah...how does Sea Shepherd justify acts like this?
So..Noah...how does Sea Shepherd justify acts like this?
So..Noah...how does Sea Shepherd justify acts like this?
Research ships are evil and deserve to be rammed, obviously.
That's the problem. The "appropriate authorities" DO NOTHING.
Research?
That's a joke, right? Sorry I can't tell.
The ship is covered in loud RESEARCH markings. We know that research vessels exist and that some of these vessels take an occasional whale for biological study.
Are you contending that specific vessel was not a research vessel? If so, based on what?
There's a reason for this, you know.
No laws are being broken.
"Occasional whale"?
1,000 is the quota. It's far from an occasional whale.
The RESEARCH on the side of the vessel is a joke. It's a pretty poor attempt at implying they're not commercially whaling - which IS against the law, especially in a protected area.
Not true.
I don't know the outcome of this, and a fair assmption would be that it's stuck in paperwork phase, but they're clearly using a loophole that needs to be shut. Until it is, Sea Shepherd gets my support, financially and emotionally.
im proud to have donated money to them. I hope they get bigger ships that can sink whale hunter boats.
It's legal.
We know that's the case with this vessel because...?
If they don't want to be in danger they could always not kill whales. It's not like it serves any useful scientific or economic purpose.
Did you read the article in your link? I mean, really read it?
It doesn't say any laws were broken, only that some eco-tards in Australia want it stopped. That doesn't make it illegal. In fact, it's basically proof of it's legality. Were it illegal, Australia (or a nation with an actual Navy) could have stopped it by now. As it currently stands, Japan can kill X number of whales per year. Period.
That's the "loophole" portion of the "loophole".
They're exploiting a flaw in the law. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
Not true.
I don't know the outcome of this, and a fair assmption would be that it's stuck in paperwork phase, but they're clearly using a loophole that needs to be shut. Until it is, Sea Shepherd gets my support, financially and emotionally.
Yep.
Therefore, legal.
You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
Now, should it be made illegal? Probably. But that doesn't make it illegal right now.