• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what your point here is. Are you contending that it's not possible for Zimmerman to have lied immediately?

No, I'm contending that Zimmerman really didn't have time to make up a whole ficticious story and that since the evidence supports what he said it's likely he was telling the truth.

No, the logical conclusion is that Zimmerman struck his head on something. It would take a leap of logic to assume Martin bashed Zimmerman's head on the pavement because there's no evidence that actually occurred.

Do you have evidence that it happened other than the way Zimmerman said it happened and which the evidence corroborates?
 
This is HUGE. It's exceptionally difficult to lie about this type of thing and be consistent about it. Yet after 4 hours of questioning without an attorney and reenacting the event on video, the first prosecutor decided there was no evidence to prosecute. On top of it his statements just happened to coincide with information as well as eyewitness testimony he could not possible have known existed.

On top of it, so far as I have seen, every bit of the story makes sense and "fits". People just hate it because they don't want to believe it, and therefore convince themselves it's unbelievable.


What you said.
 
I understand some people don't agree.

I have yet to hear a good argument for *why* going home is a bad idea in general, and specifically would have been in this case. Especially in this case, it wasn't where TM and his loved ones lived. :confused:

Ignoring your bizarre notion that the place where his father was staying wasn't where his loved ones lived, a common tactic for home invaders is following a person home, then forcing your way in when they open the door.

That's not really a novel concept and one most people already know.

Again, let's look at Yahoo and how common sensical that idea is:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110407002815AAintNb
Lesson--NEVER go directly home when someone is following you! Drive to the nearest police station, even if it is out of your way. If the other person is still following you and goes there also, park in front, use your cell phone, and call the station sergeant. Tell him/her you're outside, and there's someone in the parking lot with you who is threatening you. He may still get your license number, and it's easy to trace someone's address if a person can get the name off the license by checking it. You should have apologized instead of reacting back to him. People get shot and killed in road rage incidents. You might think that makes you look like a wimp, but, believe me, it's not worth getting shot over.
 
I predict that she/he does not tell that story in court, or if she/he does tell that story, it is immediately shown to be false by the defense.
Or not.

Plenty of physical evidence unknown, other witnesses sworn statements yet unheard from, a fixed timeline, crime scene photos and videos!

A-yup.
 
Last edited:
I stated what I stated, people should use words like speculative when discussing hiding in bushes and the like.

Your angry face is strange, I merely said that people should label speculation as such, no where did I say anything about discussing.

Any discussion of why TM did not go straight home is likely to not be part of any court case, as they did not find a bag marked swag, as far as we know. I would say that such statements are foolish.

My comment is about people who are making the statement that TM hid and attacked GZ, which I now realize may not have been your statement.

Well, there has to be some reason why he didn't continue running and go home, right? And since Zimmerman says T attacked him, then it's really not foolish to draw the conclusion that PERHAPS the reason was because he didn't like this ******* following him. The fact that he didn't go home when he had the chance is ANOTHER thing that supports Zimmerman's version of events.

Edited by LashL: 
Edited to properly mask profanity. Please see Rule 10 re: the auto-censor.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really stumped at how the new prosecutor is going to get around the Sanford PD investigation.

We basically have the Sanford PD on GZ's side after their investigation.

It seems like the new prosecutors are going to have to go into court with two different professional interpretations of a lot of the evidence.

The defense might just have to explain to the jury that the Sanford PD did a thorough investigation, and found no cause to charge GZ.
 
Zimmerman is bleeding from his nose and the back of his head, she/he is close enough to discern that he is hispanic in the darkness, but she/he says he appears uninjured.

This is a story concocted from the news to help the Martin family, imo.

It's not going anywhere, imo.
She/he is on record as a sworn witness.
You WILL be hearing the statements made that night again. Bank on it.
 
What a bizarre post.

Brandy and Tracy were out to dinner.

Inserting Obama in all that...[qimg]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/who007/cuckoo.gif[/qimg]

Well, next time I'm engaging in a bit of hyperbole I'll put an asterisk in there for you, like this - *

Now, tell us again how close Trayvon and Brandy were after spending all of that time together. Also, tell us about the many hours Trayvon spent helping Chad with his homework, those evenings sitting together in front of the fire reading Bible stories...*

*Rare Earth - this is an exaggeration and is not meant to be taken literally.
 
I'm really stumped at how the new prosecutor is going to get around the Sanford PD investigation.

We basically have the Sanford PD on GZ's side after their investigation.

It seems like the new prosecutors are going to have to go into court with two different professional interpretations of a lot of the evidence.

The defense might just have to explain to the jury that the Sanford PD did a thorough investigation, and found no cause to charge GZ.
As for myself, I am eagerly awaiting Detective Serino to be placed under cross-examination.

That'll be good.
 
She/he is on record as a sworn witness.
You WILL be hearing the statements made that night again. Bank on it.

She will make a compelling witness, especially if she is called immediately after the police officer who described Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and the back of his head in his official report. You know, the officer who drove him back to the police station.
 
Well, next time I'm engaging in a bit of hyperbole I'll put an asterisk in there for you, like this - *

Now, tell us again how close Trayvon and Brandy were after spending all of that time together. Also, tell us about the many hours Trayvon spent helping Chad with his homework, those evenings sitting together in front of the fire reading Bible stories...*

*Rare Earth - this is an exaggeration and is not meant to be taken literally.
Thanks for reminding me again your posts are not worthy of my attention.

Have a nice day.
 
If I see someone outside my house 'circling' it, I believe that person is a criminal, and I've already called the police about it, you'd better believe I'm staying inside till they get there. That's because I have common sense and don't look for trouble.

This isn't a rhetorical thing either. I live in a relatively rough neighborhood and I call the police on average twice a year for prowlers. I've had my vehicles broken into, my gas siphoned, garage door kicked in. I don't confront said prowlers, even though I can guarantee you that unless they brought a military arsenal, I have them handily outgunned. It isn't prudent behavior, it can only serve to escalate the situation, and it makes it more, not less likely that someone will get hurt.

You're flogging this one pretty hard. How about you show a case where the police have advised someone, even neighborhood watch, to go out and confront or detain a prowler, before you act like it's prudent behavior.

Andrew, I'm just curious. Given your rough neighborhood, would you say you've developed a sense about people who seem suspicious?
 
As for myself, I am eagerly awaiting Detective Serino to be placed under cross-examination.

That'll be good.

So, you think the lead detective will be called as a defense witness? That would have to mean the state has a rather weak case. Wouldn't you agree?
 
I'm really stumped at how the new prosecutor is going to get around the Sanford PD investigation.

We basically have the Sanford PD on GZ's side after their investigation.

It seems like the new prosecutors are going to have to go into court with two different professional interpretations of a lot of the evidence.

The defense might just have to explain to the jury that the Sanford PD did a thorough investigation, and found no cause to charge GZ.

This is a big point for me. If the Sanford PD screwed up so bad and the special prosecutor actually caught them out in it and filed second degree murders charges then why is there no investigation into the corruption of the initial investigation? Why?

This is what tells me they caved to public pressure. Sorry.
 
No, I'm contending that Zimmerman really didn't have time to make up a whole ficticious story and that since the evidence supports what he said it's likely he was telling the truth.



Do you have evidence that it happened other than the way Zimmerman said it happened and which the evidence corroborates?
The prosecution stated clearly the statements made by Zimmerman is contradicted by the evidence.
 
This is a big point for me. If the Sanford PD screwed up so bad and the special prosecutor actually caught them out in it and filed second degree murders charges then why is there no investigation into the corruption of the initial investigation? Why?

This is what tells me they caved to public pressure. Sorry.
You understand the Police Chief is no longer at his job, that a new one has been appointed, received a vote of no confidence by the city managers, that the State Attorney has decided to step down and not seek reelection, that the reason the republican governor (who stated in no uncertain terms it was not because of bowing to public pressure) appointed a republican prosecutor to take over...precisely because there *were* problems with the way it was handled?

And yes, the Dept. of Justice IS investigating the SPD.

Trayvon Martin Case: Department of Justice to investigate entire Sanford police


http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...rtment-of-justice-to-investigate-2266580.html

Does that change your mind?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom