• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sentinel reported its source said TM "circled" Zimmerman's truck. It was the reporter who pulled "circling" out of thin air. (Ten more posts and I can provide the exact source.) So, you need to start over.
The exact source was the STATE PROSECUTOR, or more correctly, from Zimmerman himself.
SA De La Rionda said the word "circling." That term was from the report Zimmerman himself gave to the police that night.

Didn't you even see the Bond hearing?
 
Last edited:
I personally do not understand the whole, " following someone justifies assault".

If that were the case all news reporters, investigators, police, and citizens with a camera would be fair game.

Even if you think, only people following you late at night are open to assault, it seems a very strange assertion with no merit at all.

It is my opinion that the only reason this is being held up is becuase some folks just do not like GZ. He has not made himself very likeable, the whole "these ******** always get away" really pisses people off when it is directed at a 17 year old that is seen as innocent. Change the situation at all, and this would doubtful be a supported position at all. That to me illustrates the bias.

If someone was following you on your way home in a car, you'd pull into your own driveway? I don't find that credible.

If I had lost him I would. Which is how the narrative plays out.
 
Last edited:
There are even pages devoted to advising people on how to handle this situation.

http://voices.yahoo.com/what-if-someone-starts-following-ten-safety-4283487.html

1 - Don't panic. Take deep breaths; calm yourself so that you can think clearly. Get your mind on looking around you to see if there is someplace safe you can go.
2 - Don't assume. They may not be following you, but also don't take any chances. Always assume the worst so that you will take the maximum precautions.
3 - Look for the nearest place that has other people. It's better to be around other people if someone has started following you. There is safety in numbers. If you know of a place where other people are gathered, go there, right away. It doesn't matter if they are strangers or not, just get to where other people are, even if it means interrupting gatherings or other personal occasions. If necessary, let yourself into someone's house; whatever it takes to get to safety.
4 - Run. If you think someone is following you, start running right away, don't wait for them to get closer.
5 - Scream. Yell and scream as loud as you can, while running. Don't let the possibility of embarrassment at being wrong stop you from screaming. Yell for help, so that others who hear you will know what you need.
6 - Use your cell phone. Call the police, or a cab or anyone else in the nearby vicinity that can come help you. Don't waste your time calling someone far away that cannot do anything for you.
7 - Drive to a police station. If someone follows you while driving, try to get their license plate number while driving to a police station.
8 - Do not stop. If you believe you are being followed, don't stop to check who they might be or to talk on your cell phone, or to cry or anything else. All of these things can be done while walking or running. Just keep moving, away from whoever it is that is following you.
9 - Look for places of refuge and weapons. Look for places where you can hide, or at least keep yourself safe. Also, look for anything you can use as a weapon should it become necessary to protect yourself. Consider anything mad of metal that would main should it be used to strike someone.
10 - Don't talk to them. If they call out to you, or signal you, don't respond. They may be trying to slow you down or confuse you to get the advantage. Simply ignore them and keep moving.
.

Hmm, that's odd. It doesn't say:

"As a first resort, beat them to the floor and then keep whaling on them. "

I wonder why that was left out?
 
There are even pages devoted to advising people on how to handle this situation.

http://voices.yahoo.com/what-if-someone-starts-following-ten-safety-4283487.html

1 - Don't panic. Take deep breaths; calm yourself so that you can think clearly. Get your mind on looking around you to see if there is someplace safe you can go.
2 - Don't assume. They may not be following you, but also don't take any chances. Always assume the worst so that you will take the maximum precautions.
3 - Look for the nearest place that has other people. It's better to be around other people if someone has started following you. There is safety in numbers. If you know of a place where other people are gathered, go there, right away. It doesn't matter if they are strangers or not, just get to where other people are, even if it means interrupting gatherings or other personal occasions. If necessary, let yourself into someone's house; whatever it takes to get to safety.
4 - Run. If you think someone is following you, start running right away, don't wait for them to get closer.
5 - Scream. Yell and scream as loud as you can, while running. Don't let the possibility of embarrassment at being wrong stop you from screaming. Yell for help, so that others who hear you will know what you need.
6 - Use your cell phone. Call the police, or a cab or anyone else in the nearby vicinity that can come help you. Don't waste your time calling someone far away that cannot do anything for you.
7 - Drive to a police station. If someone follows you while driving, try to get their license plate number while driving to a police station.
8 - Do not stop. If you believe you are being followed, don't stop to check who they might be or to talk on your cell phone, or to cry or anything else. All of these things can be done while walking or running. Just keep moving, away from whoever it is that is following you.
9 - Look for places of refuge and weapons. Look for places where you can hide, or at least keep yourself safe. Also, look for anything you can use as a weapon should it become necessary to protect yourself. Consider anything mad of metal that would main should it be used to strike someone.
10 - Don't talk to them. If they call out to you, or signal you, don't respond. They may be trying to slow you down or confuse you to get the advantage. Simply ignore them and keep moving.

Weird, this writer seems to understand that a stranger who's following you is a cause for concern.

Where is the part where it tells you to attack and beat the person. Was that point 11 and you just left it out?
 
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis
...

I don't understand the whole 'my address is a secret' thing either. If the choice is between the safety of your home, or choosing to not reveal your address and staying in danger, you choose to not reveal your address ?
...

Hell, even Zimmerman did not want to give his own location when he was talking to the not911 dispatcher!

When asked for his address, Zimmerman exclaimed: "oh crap I don’t want to give it all out, I don’t know where this kid is."
 
Hmm, that's odd. It doesn't say:

"As a first resort, beat them to the floor and then keep whaling on them. "

I wonder why that was left out?
Probably in the non-existent spot on Zimmermans head where the non-existent bandages were.
 
When he got out of his truck, he became physically involved,

That is the stretchiest definition of "physically involved" that I have ever seen.

When I got out of my car at work, did I become physically involved with everyone else in the parking deck? I wonder why the cops weren't called?? Oh wait, I know... it's becuase none of us assaulted anyone or were "physically involved" in any sane usage of the word.
 
That is the stretchiest definition of "physically involved" that I have ever seen.

When I got out of my car at work, did I become physically involved with everyone else in the parking deck? I wonder why the cops weren't called?? Oh wait, I know... it's becuase none of us assaulted anyone or were "physically involved" in any sane usage of the word.
I like how you ignored everything else there I wrote.

But to address that snippy response directly, I'll use your words: Maybe not getting out of your vehicle, when you are fearful a drugged up, possibly gun carrying suspicious azzhole punk might be...ahem... "a last ditch insurance policy against being assaulted and possibly killed.
 
Hmm, that's odd. It doesn't say:

"As a first resort, beat them to the floor and then keep whaling on them. "

I wonder why that was left out?

What evidence is there that he was beaten to the floor? You mean his visage 30 minutes after the incident where his face looks unblemished and he has no bandages?

Again, if you want to take George Zimmerman at his word that's a choice. I think Zimmerman is a very strange person with a history of violence. So I don't take his word as very useful. But you're ignoring my larger point anyway. For those saying being followed isn't cause for alarm, and is in fact no different than being followed at the mall or on a crowded street, the link I posted clearly shows that being followed when alone at night is a cause for concern or alarm. If Trayvon Martin was alarmed at the bizarre behavior of this convicted criminal, he was right. Since Zimmerman ended up killing him.
 
Last edited:
Hell, even Zimmerman did not want to give his own location when he was talking to the not911 dispatcher!

When asked for his address, Zimmerman exclaimed: "oh crap I don’t want to give it all out, I don’t know where this kid is."

But we can't believe that, everything he says is not evidence and is self serving. I learned that a page or two ago... :rolleyes:
 
What evidence is there that he was beaten to the floor? You mean his visage 30 minutes after the incident where his face looks unblemished and he no bandages?

Again, if you want to take George Zimmerman at his word that's a choice. I think Zimmerman is a very strange person with a history of violence. So I don't take his word as very useful. But you're ignoring my larger point anyway. For those saying being followed isn't cause for alarm, and is in fact no different than being followed at the mall or on a crowded street, the link I posted clearly shows that being followed when alone at night is a cause for concern or alarm. If Trayvon Martin was alarmed at the bizarre behavior of this convicted criminal, he was right. Since Zimmerman ended up killing him.

Wrong on both counts. But don't let that stop you.
 
Leading someone who is following you to your home? I have been followed, by people in a car. The last thing I wanted was for them to know where I lived.

I find it fascinating so many of the Trayvonites in the U.S. and around the world have been followed by someone and didn't want the person following to find out where they lived, apparently at the risk of their own lives. So, to them, home is not a safe place to go when in trouble. It has now been defined as the one place to be avoided at all costs.

Of course Trayvon didn't go home when he thought he was being followed and was trembling with fear, no one does that.

Poppycock.
 
...The manual warns that watch members should “not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/u...neighborhood-watch-groups.html?pagewanted=all

Yes, and those type of watch sites tell you to report any activity you find suspicious, which is what GZ did.

And then we determined that GZ subdivision never actually followed through with creating a registered watch program.

And then we learned GZ was on his way to target, not performing whatever 'watch duties' he may or may not have ever had.

So if your entire point is GZ had been told he shouldn't be following people, that's probably correct. It was not, however, a rule/order/directive that he was required to follow - so I don't understand why you keep bringing it up.
Reality - GZ probably should have stayed in his car, and TM probably should have run home.

And if and buts were candy and nuts, oh what a Christmas there'd be.

How does any of this play into the legality of case ?
 
Of course Trayvon didn't go home when he thought he was being followed and was trembling with fear, no one does that.

It appears that the preferred response of many on this forum to suspicious behavior (i.e. being followed) is to attack.

It seems that GZ was more civilized than them and preferred to just call the police whenever he saw someone suspicious.

(strange how it is a lot of progressive/lefties who are arguing that attacking rather than retreating and taking the law into your own hands rather than dialing 911 is justifiable, while arguing that the guy trying to look out for his community was a bit of a nut)
 
How does any of this play into the legality of case ?
It does not, it plays into the emotional appeal of taking one side over the other.

(strange how it is a lot of progressive/lefties who are arguing that attacking rather than retreating and taking the law into your own hands rather than dialing 911 is justifiable, while arguing that the guy trying to look out for his community was a bit of a nut)
I am not sure of the political leanings of anyone here, but it is interesting to see the cognitive dissonance so clearly articulated.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom