Natural Born Skeptic
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2007
- Messages
- 1,459
My statement was based on what I heard attorney's say on television. They stated that 150K was in fact fairly typical for what GZ was charged with and that the judge was not going to change that amount much merely based on what someone could/couldn't afford. Though come to think of it, I also heard one say that the judge would typically not make bail so high that a family could not afford it, if it was an offense that bond would typically be granted for. So who knows. My guess is it wouldn't have been much different. If they are giving the money back now anyhow, it seems irrelevant.Conveniently ignored is the fact that courts typically consider the amount of money at a person's disposal when making that very determination: i.e. how much of a flight risk they are.
And even the shooter's attorney admits the bail might have been higher if the court hadn't been misled.
I do think it should have been disclosed, having it come out now does nothing positive for GZ.