• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Mara told the court today that 150,000 of that 200,000K was available on the day of Z's bond hearing.

The balance was used for 'living expenses.'
The donation website went up just before GZ went to jail. I'm not sure what happened but the story might actually be that GZ had no idea how much money had come in himself while he was in jail.
 
I'd be interested in hearing your speculation on what he might have spent it on. :)

In hiding from death threats and a dead or alive bounty? I could go through $50K easy in a week or so, I think.

Heck, I'd need a different vehicle since my old one is surely targeted. I'd have to live in hotels and move a lot.

I can see that adding up.

We don't know what GZ did, of course, but that's what I'd do.
 
The donation website went up just before GZ went to jail. I'm not sure what happened but the story might actually be that GZ had no idea how much money had come in himself while he was in jail.

If that's true, then it looks like he wouldn't have had time to receive a check, and a bank transfer would be questionable as well.

I would bet the money was transferred, but not actually spent. It arrived after GZ was in custody, maybe.
 
The donation website went up just before GZ went to jail. I'm not sure what happened but the story might actually be that GZ had no idea how much money had come in himself while he was in jail.
Yeah, right. He'd spent money on living expenses, as disclosed by his atty this morning, and even if he was in jail when more money was pouring in - No one happened to mention to him it happened to accrue to 200K plus??

I don't.think.so.

It's ridiculous on its face.
 
Yeah, right. He'd spent money on living expenses, as disclosed by his atty this morning, and even if he was in jail when more money was pouring in - No one happened to mention to him it happened to accrue to 200K plus??

I don't.think.so.

It's ridiculous on its face.

Why not wait for the accounting before you say things like that?

You are acting like you think GZ did. Hotheaded and responding without thinking things through. :D
 
Why not wait for the accounting before you say things like that?

You are acting like you think GZ did. Hotheaded and responding without thinking things through. :D
Saying things like he was spending it on his living expenses and he had access to it? That's straight from his attorney.
 
From OMara:
Mr. Zimmerman’s former website and the PayPal attached to it raised approximately $200,000.00 over the period of time that it was up and running. Mr. Zimmerman was using this money, as mentioned on his website, for his ongoing living expenses and other necessary expenses based upon the charge and eventual arrest.

As I was ending any Internet presence George had, we removed any Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts and websites. As we shut down the web site entitled therealgeorgezimmerman.com my client asked what we should do about the outstanding fee monies in the PayPal account or that had been taken out of the PayPal account since its inception.

George immediately gathered the funds that were in either his or his wife’s account, or the PayPal account, and has forwarded those funds to me presently. We are still awaiting a check from the PayPal company which takes several days.

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/
 
So that Twitter account was real? The one where George was calling for all Sanford white people to "wake up!"?

If so, combining that with his use of a photo of an African American community center that had been vandalized...

Well, we'll see what happens. Nice guy. Glad to see concerned Americans are donating generously to the poor fellow.
 
Not indigent and NOT GUILTY

I knew about Zimmerman's website. I even contributed $30 after learning that the State could not contradict Zimmerman's claim that he was viciously attacked. But I also suspected that Zimmerman's claim that he was indigent was false given his funding appeal, and that Zimmerman's critics would use this against him, ignoring his obvious innocence . So much for the rational thinkers and scholars here.
 
I knew about Zimmerman's website. I even contributed $30 after learning that the State could not contradict Zimmerman's claim that he was viciously attacked. But I also suspected that Zimmerman's claim that he was indigent was false given his funding appeal, and that Zimmerman's critics would use this against him, ignoring his obvious innocence . So much for the rational thinkers and scholars here.

Yes, heaven forbid anyone use a bald faced lie told to a court against a guy whose only defense is taking him at his word.
 
So that Twitter account was real? The one where George was calling for all Sanford white people to "wake up!"?

If so, combining that with his use of a photo of an African American community center that had been vandalized...

Well, we'll see what happens. Nice guy. Glad to see concerned Americans are donating generously to the poor fellow.

Where did we learn that it was real?
 
I knew about Zimmerman's website. I even contributed $30 after learning that the State could not contradict Zimmerman's claim that he was viciously attacked. But I also suspected that Zimmerman's claim that he was indigent was false given his funding appeal, and that Zimmerman's critics would use this against him, ignoring his obvious innocence . So much for the rational thinkers and scholars here.
Which website did you give to? There were 2...
 
In hiding from death threats and a dead or alive bounty? I could go through $50K easy in a week or so, I think.

Heck, I'd need a different vehicle since my old one is surely targeted. I'd have to live in hotels and move a lot.

I can see that adding up.

We don't know what GZ did, of course, but that's what I'd do.

I can't help but wonder if I'd just killed a teenager and facets of the media was blaring 24/7 that I was a merciless thug, people were being killed in my name and there were whispers of riots if I wasn't caged like the animal I was, I might be damn tempted to try to cheer myself up. If it turned out I had come into more money than I'd ever seen before, that might involve Kobe beef, Dom Perignon and nubile XX chromosomes in generous quantities. 'Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.'--That's in some book I read once, some people take it very seriously, at that point I'd be in complete agreement! :p
 
Where did we learn that it was real?
It's another statement that uniboogie appears to have pulled out of the ether. I have no more clue than you do how that statement has anything to do with anything being discussed here. But either uniboogie or someone else seems to pop in every 10 pages and make some comment about some racist twitter feed being GZ's.
 
What was that about intellectual honesty?

...Part of the reason he was able to get a low bond was because of his sadly lil financial status...

...This is...inaccurate even though some people keep saying it. In fact, his bond was fairly typical considering the charges, and bond is not chosen by a judge merely based on how much money someone has. Whether GZ was a millionaire or homeless, that is likely what the bond would have been set at based on the charges as long as he was not deemed a flight risk...


Conveniently ignored is the fact that courts typically consider the amount of money at a person's disposal when making that very determination: i.e. how much of a flight risk they are.

And even the shooter's attorney admits the bail might have been higher if the court hadn't been misled.
 
Not really, many people carry in Illinois, despite our laws.

My wife's grandfather used to drive everywhere with a pistol under the front seat of his car. Loaded even.
Why would anyone want an unloaded pistol under the front seat; or anywhere else 'within reach'?
 
So that Twitter account was real? The one where George was calling for all Sanford white people to "wake up!"?

If so, combining that with his use of a photo of an African American community center that had been vandalized...

Well, we'll see what happens. Nice guy. Glad to see concerned Americans are donating generously to the poor fellow.

You forgot to answer my questions about the body. Do you plan on responding ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom