• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different conclusions by LE probably means acquittal.

If two different detectives look at the evidence and come to opposite conclusions, that's an acquittal.

I tend to agree. The state is going to highlight inconsistencies in Zimmerman's statements and, IMO, rely heavily on the professional opinion on LEO to make their case. Differences in LEO opinions will go along way toward doubt - especially if those opinions can be shown to evolve when the case came to the public attention. That's how I would try to cast it - the police were satisfied with Zimmerman's account until political pressure was exerted.l If O'Mara can show that in the timeline, I think he creates serious doubt.
 
I'm pretty sure AC is not going to lie about something that can be documented.

Seems that would bite her pretty hard in the ass if she did.

She stated that police went to SA with a capais. That's all. If she lied, it'll come out.
If they did, it'll come out.

Got a link to that statement?

If SPD went to SA with a capias requesting manslaughter charges, how did Corey get to murder 2?

If Corey already had a capias, what took so long? She can charge Zimmerman right away.
 
Got a link to that statement?

If SPD went to SA with a capias requesting manslaughter charges, how did Corey get to murder 2?

If Corey already had a capias, what took so long? She can charge Zimmerman right away.
I just linked it. Sheesh.
 
I just linked it. Sheesh.

Yes, it says capias request, not capias.

“I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’

She seems to be talking about the report of the investigation.

A capias is an arrest warrant as far as I know. The police request warrants, they don't issue them.

If AC already had a request to arrest GZ, why didn't she arrest him?

She can arrest him for manslaughter and go to murder 2 later.
 
This case is relevant why ?

1) From World Net Daily
2) the Maryland Board of Education reversed the suspensions of two students and ordered their records cleaned.
3) penknife and a lighter. Both items were part of their kit used to maintain their athletic equipment.
Dan O is stretching so much he's going to look like Mr. Fantastic if he's not careful.
 
I'm pretty sure AC is not going to lie about something that can be documented.

Seems that would bite her pretty hard in the ass if she did.

She stated that police went to SA with a capais. That's all. If she lied, it'll come out.
If they did, it'll come out.

Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in mid-stream.”

A capias is a request for charges to be filed.


Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks, I had not seen that. I agree, it seems unlikely the AC would lie about something that could be verified.

Forgot to add, I wonder why she knows it was filed, knows a jury was impaneled, but doesn't know what the recommended charge was. Makes me think she is playing some sort of game/strategy and being coy

ETA: DOH thanks LTC8K6 - capias request. That explains it. Someone said please file a capias, not that they did. That seems like AC was being intentionally misleading, while technically correct, to me.

If the police create the capias, to go to the State Attorney with a 'capias request' should logically mean they had the capias ???

:confused:
 
Last edited:
How would the prosecutor get around Chris Serino's statement to the Orlando Sentinel? And Wolfinger's, and Bonaparte's?

There would, imo, have to be a bombshell out there against Zimmerman.

It can't simply be re-examining the evidence and disagreeing with the SPD.
 
One wonders how Gilbreath thinks the lacerations occurred then.

It's unclear what he thinks was inconsistent.

Not only is it unclear, I got the distinct impression he was lying*. Insofar as I believe the evidence does not contradict GZ's statement, rather they simply decided to interpret it as if it did as a necessity to bring the case forward. That moments later he admitted that it could have happened as GZ said, with no arguing or statement at all why it would be unlikely, substantiated that.

*Yes, I really am suggesting an investigator might lie, horror of horrors. Now's where someone immediately charges that I'll believe anything GZ says while even accusing an investigator of lying, while totally ignoring the substance of the exchange between Omara and the investigator.
 
Last edited:
Well, if you want to believe Reuters or not, (especially since that nice fluff piece they did recently with anonymous sources about Zimmerman) --but this is a later account of it...

Sanford police released Zimmerman without charge, but Martin says Serino told him he would challenge Zimmerman's account. "The detective's words were, 'I want to interview him again to catch him in a lie,'" Martin said.


A law-enforcement source, who had been informed of the case by investigators, told Reuters that Serino was eager to bring a charge but encountered resistance from the office of the prosecutor, State Attorney Norman Wolfinger.

"Chris (Serino) would have made a recommendation for manslaughter, but Norm Wolfinger's office wanted it to be a slam dunk," said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "They don't want to hear that this is wrong or that is wrong with the case. That's the way this county does business." Wolfinger on Monday broke a long silence about the case, denying reports he quashed police intentions to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403
 
Well, if you want to believe Reuters or not, (especially since that nice fluff piece they did recently with anonymous sources about Zimmerman) --but this is a later account of it...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403

But the defense will just quote Serino himself from the Orlando Sentinel...

I'll take Serino's own quotes first.

It will be difficult to support the claim that Serino was eager to charge Zimmerman, imo.
 
Well, if you want to believe Reuters or not, (especially since that nice fluff piece they did recently with anonymous sources about Zimmerman) --but this is a later account of it...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403
Lots of claims back and forth about this. Isn't it interesting though that the first prosecutor even doubted whether they could get a manslaughter conviction? Personally, I'd feel much more conformable right now if they had charged him with manslaughter. Based on what I know the murder 2 charge is outrageous.
 
How would the prosecutor get around Chris Serino's statement to the Orlando Sentinel? And Wolfinger's, and Bonaparte's?

There would, imo, have to be a bombshell out there against Zimmerman.

It can't simply be re-examining the evidence and disagreeing with the SPD.

The timing suggests the indictment was a response to political pressure - not new evidence.

The state is locked in to no evidence who started the fight, no evidence that Zimmerman confronted Martin, no expert evidence about who was pleading for help, etc... unless they have this appear out of aether suddenly or they're willing to call the state's lead investigator a moron or a liar.
 
Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in mid-stream.”

A capias is a request for charges to be filed.


Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks, I had not seen that. I agree, it seems unlikely the AC would lie about something that could be verified.

Forgot to add, I wonder why she knows it was filed, knows a jury was impaneled, but doesn't know what the recommended charge was. Makes me think she is playing some sort of game/strategy and being coy

ETA: DOH thanks LTC8K6 - capias request. That explains it. Someone said please file a capias, not that they did. That seems like AC was being intentionally misleading, while technically correct, to me.

If the police create the capias, to go to the State Attorney with a 'capias request' should logically mean they had the capias ???

:confused:

It doesn't make any sense no matter how I look at it.

If AC already had a capias request to get Zimmerman for manslaughter, she could have arrested him the day she got the case.

If we add in the claim that Serino was eager to arrest Zimmerman for manslaughter, then what was AC waiting for, and how did she get to murder 2?
 
Yes:


I never said I thought having a gun was irrational. That makes the above statement a lie.

As the rest of your post was all about playing the game in which you rail against an argument I never made, I'm not going to bother with it. Any further discussion along this ridiculous tangent will likewise be ignored.
So questions can be lies? My questions went to the heart of this line of inquiry, they were not made of straw.

Your being completely irrational.

Carrying a gun is a protected right, and exercising your rights cannot be used as a means to articulate suspicions in and of itself. Neither does carrying a screw driver . . . . in and of itself.

Whether or not the fact that Martin was caught at school with things which did not belong to him and a screw driver is admissible or not, it is still very suspicious in a way that carrying a gun for self defense can never be.

This makes your entire line of critical examination as silly as your claim that I am lying.

Now I am done with this silly line of critical examination.
 
Last edited:
It doesn't make any sense no matter how I look at it.

If AC already had a capias request to get Zimmerman for manslaughter, she could have arrested him the day she got the case.

If we add in the claim that Serino was eager to arrest Zimmerman for manslaughter, then what was AC waiting for, and how did she get to murder 2?

I am just surprised that things that are easily verifiable are still so open to debate and interpretation.

AC could easily have said, on such and such a date, a capias was filed with the SA recommending X. But she did no such thing.
 
And just so you know, Al Sharpton does not want violence.

"Twenty years ago I came out here after that protest after the verdict and tried to discourage the violence, and 20 years later now I'm here with Trayvon's parents and we're saying we don't want violence," he said. After four white police officers were acquitted in the recorded beating of Rodney King on April 29, the city exploded into one of the deadliest riots in American history, leaving 54 dead and causing $1 billion in property damage.

Sharpton, who now hosts a show on MSNBC, says much has changed since then, and he doesn't expect the racially charged debate over Martin's shooting to end in violence if George Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, is acquitted.

"I think even though people are angry and as concerned as I am, we don't feel like we have no options," he says. "Unlike [with] Rodney King, there's defined leadership in Trayvon Martin's case who have said from the beginning we cannot have violence."

Gee, that's nice of you, Al. Considering some of the inflammatory rhetoric you've dumped on America over the years...

:rolleyes:
 
I am just surprised that things that are easily verifiable are still so open to debate and interpretation.

AC could easily have said, on such and such a date, a capias was filed with the SA recommending X. But she did no such thing.
I think some of that can be referred to as holding your cards close to your chest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom