The day after his wake, Trayvon's family attorney, Benjamin Crump, who had been conducting his own extensive investigation because cops had determined the shooting was in self defense, told Trayvon's girlfriend she was the last person to talk to him," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com
Well, that is contrary what Ben crump himself said at the press conference. Sounds like a poor anonymous source to me.
I fixed #2 - although we all keep typing it - GZ called the non-emergency number, not 911.
lol, thought of that afterwards. Thanks for the correctionI fixed #2 - although we all keep typing it - GZ called the non-emergency number, not 911.
They're the same people who answer both numbers.
If you linked this press conference, already, my apologies for not seeing it. This thread has a tendency to pick up with a vengence and things suddenly move really fast. I would like to see what Crump actually said because the article I was reading made very little sense. How could she possibly have not known, after a week, that she was the last person who spoke to him?
Based on the use of more negative words like hostile and facing a problem, in the definition; at it's most basic, the word confront is a loaded term. However, me using the word confront without any follow up also makes it an ambiguous word, as in confronting someone without the intent of assaulting them. That was the whole point of NBS questioning my post.
You mean like laceration?![]()
I know these discussions evolve at times to pissing contests, but you seem fairly willing to discuss facts and evidence.
The thing is, that the law says two very different things about the snenario where an armed Zimmerman is invloved in a confrontation and the scenario where Zimmerman is involved in a confrontation and then arms himself. I know that's not exactly your claim in that instance, but the disctinction is not meaningless all the same.
It's the same with the current iteration. Zimmerman confronted Martin is legally disctinct from Zimmerman and Martin were involved in a confrontation.
I don't disagree. But to say "Zimmerman decided to take a gun and pursue him" is factually and grammatically correct. I didn't say "Zimmerman "decided to take a gun to pursue him," which takes on an explicitly different meaning.
Please quote where I said those two words have the same meaning. Or please quote how I used the words incorrectly.But I do deny that "loaded" and "ambiguous" have even remotely similar meanings. That someone uses those words incorrectly doesn't make me the confused one for assuming they're smart enough to know the difference.
There was always an alternative and I had already mentioned it.
I previously said, "maybe they used gauze (regular or celox) and the wound stopped bleeding (for whatever reason) and the police wanted to take him to the station so they figured he was good to go."
Note that was before the bloody picture has even come out so now this is all silly to me. We now know for sure GZ did have bleeding head wounds and we also know they weren't bandaged in the police surveillance video so something stopped the bleeding. That part is now undeniable.
I really don't see what the big deal about the bandages is at this point.
I believe the most severe of Zimmerman's injuries was a probable concussion. Not only has that not been exaggerated it's gotten little attention.
The secondary injuries are the head lacerations and the broken nose. I will await the medical report on those but I've seen no reason to conclude either has been exaggerated at this point.
Please quote where I said those two words have the same meaning. Or please quote how I used the words incorrectly.
You are correct, I could have also use the word ambiguous, and it may have been an even better choice than my use of the word loaded.
Reading from the post you quoted, it would appear he is confused and thinks that me referring to the word "confront" as loaded ("ambiguous")...
"Confront" is a loaded word.
My god, the way some people play word games about this you'd think we were discussing Taco Bell's taco filling...![]()
First off, I was asked my professional opinion.
Gladly. Here's you pretending the words are interchangeable:
See the part in bold? It was not meant to suggest they have the same meaning, and somewhat implicitly acknowledged that they don't have the same meaning. In fact, that was the entire purpose of the acknowledgementYou are correct, I could have also use the word ambiguous, and it may have been an even better choice than my use of the word loaded.
See above.You can't simply switch out one word with another that has a different meaning without then changing the overall meaning of your entire statement. So either you thought "loaded" and "ambiguous" have similar meanings...
Your conclusion is nonsensical because it wrongly assumes that if the sentence uses one word, and I then acknowledge it would have been more precise to use a different word, that both sentences cannot be applicable. For instance, I could have also said "the use of the word confronted in this context is ambiguous and loaded". See how that works?or you were saying that your statement could be interpreted two distinctly different ways. Both choices are nonsensical.
That's a little confusing because you actually used the word "alternative" in your question I was replying to.Well, I'm not asking you about alternatives. I'm asking you about likelihoods.
That's true, but people still use bandages on wounds that have stopped bleeding for a variety of reasons. People get stitches on wounds that have stopped bleeding as well.You know what you have to use to stop the bleeding when you have a minor cut? Nothing. It stops bleeding on its own. Clean it up and you're good to go. You don't even need a bandage.
Can I use Crump's false statements to prove GZ is innocent and impeach the Martins?The importance of the bandages goes right to heart of Zimmerman's claims about the severity of his injuries. His lawyer told us he probably should have had stitches.
I think I am stuck in a loop with you on this point but I will try again with a new approach.His father spins a tale of a rather nasty beating. One would expect to see evidence of such injuries. You know, like maybe a bandage.
That's very fair minded out you.Maybe he didn't have one. And if we we're told he did, I probably wouldn't take issue with it. Concussions are a lot harder to prove or disprove.
I look forward to reading the EMT report as well.The EMT report is what's of most interest to me. I look forward to hearing just how many stitches Zimmerman should have gotten.
Why not? I mean, that goes right to the heart of the claim that TM was murdered by GZ doesn't it?Can I use Crump's false statements to prove GZ is innocent and impeach the Martins?