I'm not really sure the exchange with the dispatcher is that important. Oh it might be a bit of a window into his mind but not much of one. If we are going to go that route I'd like to know why he thought Martin was on drugs.
Well this thread sure died after Z was arrested.
I would guess the posts per day has dropped at least tenfold.
Contrary to what some people claimed, I don't think most people want to see Zimmerman "pay". They wanted his claims to be aired in public and to make him defend the taking of a life. The anger wasn't about Zimmerman perhaps being acquitted, but about the police just letting him go on the same night he killed Martin.
That's being demonstrated by the way the story died down the way it did. This shows that people wanted a trial, not a verdict.
At least that's my perspective.
I've never disputed claims of injuries, only the nature and severity of those injuries.
...
Yet the video surveillance of Zimmerman an hour or so after the altercation shows no sign of bandages or anything that would indicate a serious laceration.
Does that honestly make sense to you?
Were they making official statements? Were they testifying testifying under oath? Let me know when either of those things happen, and I'll give what they say it's due credence.
IJust make sure to look at all the evidence.
Yep.If you need everyone to testify under oath before you can consider their credence, I am not sure why you bother participating in this thread. I don't recall you having a problem using other peoples statements (girlfriend, mary cutcher)
I'm trying to do that.
I don't know why you accuse me of 'hand-waving' the video away. I have already stated I think it's too low res to reliably confirm or deny anything.
For all I know, the person on the scene cleaned the wound, it stopped bleeding, and he smeared it with antiobiotic or some other salve and told GZ to keep it clean and let it breathe.
His nose hurt later that night or the next morning, he went to the hospital, and the person in the hospital said 'oh, you really should have that closed with a butterfly' and put bandages on it.
Or maybe GZ just put bandages on for show ... and stood outside to make sure his neighbors saw him.
Where did 'face wounds' come from?Face wounds typically bleed very freely out of all proportion to their severity.
Face wounds typically bleed very freely out of all proportion to their severity.
If you need everyone to testify under oath before you can consider their credence, I am not sure why you bother participating in this thread. I don't recall you having a problem using other peoples statements (girlfriend, mary cutcher)
I'm trying to do that.
I don't know why you accuse me of 'hand-waving' the video away. I have already stated I think it's too low res to reliably confirm or deny anything.
For all I know, the person on the scene cleaned the wound, it stopped bleeding, and he smeared it with antiobiotic or some other salve and told GZ to keep it clean and let it breathe.
His nose hurt later that night or the next morning, he went to the hospital, and the person in the hospital said 'oh, you really should have that closed with a butterfly' and put bandages on it.
Or maybe GZ just put bandages on for show ... and stood outside to make sure his neighbors saw him.
Contrary to what some people claimed, I don't think most people want to see Zimmerman "pay". They wanted his claims to be aired in public and to make him defend the taking of a life. The anger wasn't about Zimmerman perhaps being acquitted, but about the police just letting him go on the same night he killed Martin.
That's being demonstrated by the way the story died down the way it did. This shows that people wanted a trial, not a verdict.
At least that's my perspective.
Your recollection fails you.
And I think the latter is more likely than the former. Or maybe those particular neighbors are friends with Zimmerman and are covering for him.
Again, a butterfly bandage is used to keep a wound closed. If anyone has an explanation for how a wound that needed a bandage to be kept close the following day was staying closed on its own an hour or so after it was inflicted, I'd love to hear it.
And as Unabogie pointed out, injuries appearing the next day don't mean a whole lot. Show me the EMT report.
Contrary to what some people claimed, I don't think most people want to see Zimmerman "pay". They wanted his claims to be aired in public and to make him defend the taking of a life. The anger wasn't about Zimmerman perhaps being acquitted, but about the police just letting him go on the same night he killed Martin.
That's being demonstrated by the way the story died down the way it did. This shows that people wanted a trial, not a verdict.
At least that's my perspective.
Good, the goal should always be to have no basis for appeal.
When people are using terms like "Murder" and "in cold blood", they've already decided he is guilty. The fact that they have nothing new and are resorting to reporting what Zimmerman is purchasing in jail is more an indication that they've just run out of things to report rather than the world is satisfied. Trust me, this will all kick back up when the trial starts.
They are using terms like murder because George Zimmerman is charged with murder.
People speaking on behalf of the Martin Family and I've even heard the mother say it, long before he was arrested.