• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only read that he didn't answer. His father was the one that said it went straight to voicemail when he tried to call him.
I haven't read an exact answer either, but I noticed page 3 of the ABC article on the girlfriends call has a picture of TM's T-Mobile phone record that shows the girlfriends 2/26 7:12 call followed by a six day gap before the next call. Phone broken during the fight and fixed somehow by the police six days later explains that best I think.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/t/story?id=15959017
 
I haven't read an exact answer either, but I noticed page 3 of the ABC article on the girlfriends call has a picture of TM's T-Mobile phone record that shows the girlfriends 2/26 7:12 call followed by a six day gap before the next call. Phone broken during the fight and fixed somehow by the police six days later explains that best I think.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/t/story?id=15959017

I don't know why but every time I click on an ABC link the page is sort of blocked. Either way, the broken phone was just me trying to make sense of something that makes no sense. Since, there have been plenty of ample arguments explaining why the phone was probably not broken.
 
I haven't read an exact answer either, but I noticed page 3 of the ABC article on the girlfriends call has a picture of TM's T-Mobile phone record that shows the girlfriends 2/26 7:12 call followed by a six day gap before the next call. Phone broken during the fight and fixed somehow by the police six days later explains that best I think.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/t/story?id=15959017

I read somewhere that Trayvon was using a headset. The microphone connection being broken would explain why his girlfriend heard nothing after the fight started. Simply unplugging the headset would allow the phone to be used again.
 
I read somewhere that Trayvon was using a headset. The microphone connection being broken would explain why his girlfriend heard nothing after the fight started. Simply unplugging the headset would allow the phone to be used again.
I've read the same, but I also think the phone records showing no incoming calls after the 7:12 call mean that the phone itself must have (also?) stopped functioning otherwise there should be more incoming calls from the both the girlfriend and TM's father later that evening. I suppose the ABC phone record image may not be accurate somehow, or maybe the phone just ran out of power at an unlikely moment, but the phone being broken seems the most logical to me by far.

(It also would kind of help explain why the police didn't realize what an important ear witness the girl friend was right away since not checking TM's phone seems more understandable if the phone was broken.)
 
I don't know why but every time I click on an ABC link the page is sort of blocked. Either way, the broken phone was just me trying to make sense of something that makes no sense. Since, there have been plenty of ample arguments explaining why the phone was probably not broken.
Well if you weren't right about the phone being broken someone else needs to make sense of why there is no call from TM's girlfriend after 7:12 in the phone record.;)

ETA:
Kestrel just pointed out the flaw in my thinking above in that a billing record wouldn't list calls that weren't answered.

Weird about ABC being blocked. You can also see the photo midway down the page here:
http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/the-missing-230-and-deedees-testimony
^The T-Mobile and 911 call log are legit but there is some very wrong speculation going in that blog and I only posted the link for the images/evidence.
 
Last edited:
I've read the same, but I also think the phone records showing no incoming calls after the 7:12 call mean that the phone itself must have (also?) stopped functioning otherwise there should be more incoming calls from the both the girlfriend and TM's father later that evening. I suppose the ABC phone record image may not be accurate somehow, or maybe the phone just ran out of power at an unlikely moment, but the phone being broken seems the most logical to me by far.

(It also would kind of help explain why the police didn't realize what an important ear witness the girl friend was right away since not checking TM's phone seems more understandable if the phone was broken.)

An incoming call that isn't answered will show up as a missed call on the cell phone. It will not show up in the billing system because there are no chargeable minutes.
 
ALL gsm phones require sim cards. Including iphones, phones made by HTC, lG, etc. It is not 'beginning to be an outdated technology'.

Mumbles is the one who claimed it was an iphone, BTW. I have seen no other claims of the type of phone. If it was an iphone, that would be slightly odd, since T-Mobile doesn't sell them, it would have to be an unlocked or jailbroken iphone. Not impossible, just makes it less likely.

ETA: T-mob was the carrier, based n the screen shot here:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...death-recounts/story?id=15959017#.T42Af6trMQK

Wow. I'm sorry, you're correct. I am usually pretty up to date on technologies and such, but was wrong. My bad. :o

(I assumed this, as I haven't installed a SIM card into any phone I have owned in the past ~5 years. They are essentially built in from what I have found. )

Cheers!

ETA: The iPhone 4s and some others support GSM and also CDMA)
 
Last edited:
Well this thread sure died after Z was arrested.

I would guess the posts per day has dropped at least tenfold.
 
Was Zimmerman really injured

Didn't see this posted back when the police video was released.

For all those claiming they don't believe GZ was actually injured (head lacerations, broken nose), would additional witnesses persuade you?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE83F19Y20120416

Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman's next-door neighbor, told Reuters that when he saw Zimmerman the day after the incident, "he had two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose." He was talking to a police detective in his driveway.

Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, agreed with the Rodriguez couple's account. "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up," said the witness, who had watched from a nearby second-floor window.
 
Well this thread sure died after Z was arrested.

I would guess the posts per day has dropped at least tenfold.


Well, there really hasn't been all that much new to discuss. I guess rehashing the old stuff got boring after 6700 posts.

Now that he's been charged the legendary Florida Sunshine Laws are gonna start to kick in (unless the judge pulls off keeping the records closed, which will be a tough chore.)

When something gets released to the defense through discovery in Florida it becomes fair game for the public. That ought to pep things up.
 
Didn't see this posted back when the police video was released.

For all those claiming they don't believe GZ was actually injured (head lacerations, broken nose), would additional witnesses persuade you?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE83F19Y20120416

Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman's next-door neighbor, told Reuters that when he saw Zimmerman the day after the incident, "he had two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose." He was talking to a police detective in his driveway.

Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, agreed with the Rodriguez couple's account. "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up," said the witness, who had watched from a nearby second-floor window.

I saw that but wasn't sure what to make of it. I would rather read the report from the EMT's and the ER doctors.
 
Well, there really hasn't been all that much new to discuss. I guess rehashing the old stuff got boring after 6700 posts.

Now that he's been charged the legendary Florida Sunshine Laws are gonna start to kick in (unless the judge pulls off keeping the records closed, which will be a tough chore.)

When something gets released to the defense through discovery in Florida it becomes fair game for the public. That ought to pep things up.
The Florida Sunshine laws:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...tm&StatuteYear=2008&Title=->2008->Chapter 286

And Florida judges have no real impediment to issuing gag orders in sensationalized cases.
 
Didn't see this posted back when the police video was released.

For all those claiming they don't believe GZ was actually injured (head lacerations, broken nose), would additional witnesses persuade you?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE83F19Y20120416

Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman's next-door neighbor, told Reuters that when he saw Zimmerman the day after the incident, "he had two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose." He was talking to a police detective in his driveway.

Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, agreed with the Rodriguez couple's account. "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up," said the witness, who had watched from a nearby second-floor window.

And that reconciles with what we saw in the police surveillance video how exactly?

I saw that but wasn't sure what to make of it. I would rather read the report from the EMT's and the ER doctors.

Agreed. If anything, Zimmerman's neighbors just further confused things.
 
And that reconciles with what we saw in the police surveillance video how exactly?

You've already agreed the police video does not prove or disprove any claims. Why bring up the video ?

Zimmerman (via his attorneys) claimed injuries to his nose and back of his head. I am pointing out an additional piece of evidence that confirms GZ story that I did not see brought up earlier.

If additional witness corroborating GZ story mean nothing to you, that's your prerogative to feel that way.

Agreed. If anything, Zimmerman's neighbors just further confused things.

I don't see how it confuses anything. Sure, just like everyone else, I'll be glad to look at whatever EMT/EMS/ER reports are made available. Until then, I can speculate and draw conclusions based on the evidence currently available.
 
You've already agreed the police video does not prove or disprove any claims. Why bring up the video ?

I've never disputed claims of injuries, only the nature and severity of those injuries.

I bring up the video because it makes no sense that an injury (or injuries) requiring "two big, butterfly bandages" the next day didn't need so much as a band-aid within an hour or so of Zimmerman having received them.

Butterfly bandages are used to keep a wound closed. So what was keeping Zimmerman's wound(s) closed the night before?

Zimmerman (via his attorneys) claimed injuries to his nose and back of his head. I am pointing out an additional piece of evidence that confirms GZ story that I did not see brought up earlier.

While hand-waving away a piece of evidence that doesn't.

Zimmerman's attorney (at the time) said his scalp laceration was serious enough to require stitches.

Zimmerman's neighbors reported seeing "two, big butterfly bandages" on his head the next day.

Yet the video surveillance of Zimmerman an hour or so after the altercation shows no sign of bandages or anything that would indicate a serious laceration.

Does that honestly make sense to you?

If additional witness corroborating GZ story mean nothing to you, that's your prerogative to feel that way.

Were they making official statements? Were they testifying testifying under oath? Let me know when either of those things happen, and I'll give what they say it's due credence.

I don't see how it confuses anything. Sure, just like everyone else, I'll be glad to look at whatever EMT/EMS/ER reports are made available. Until then, I can speculate and draw conclusions based on the evidence currently available.

Just make sure to look at all the evidence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom