PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2007
- Messages
- 21,203
1. One could just as easily say that the way GZ acted caused TM to act the way he did!
Really? How did GZ make TM wander slowly down the street on a cold, dark night in the rain while staring at the houses? How did GZ sitting in a truck watching him and talking on the phone make him bolt for it?
2. How do we know TM was acting suspiciously? That's entirely in the eye of the beholder. Have you read the 911 calls of what GZ considered suspicious? I don't trust that TM was acting suspiciously, and I'm certainly not going to trust GZ's interpretation of that.
I did one better, I listened to the call, a number of times. Personally I'd start with walking about in the rain on a cold, dark night wearing just a hoodie for protection. This is not normal behaviour. There is also no evidence that GZ was ringing the police everytime he saw someone out walking at night either, so it's clear that TM was doing something that was unusal enough to stand out from anyone else GZ had seen walking about.
Quick story. Years ago when I was about 20, one night when I was on some dark streets driving a car kept following me, every time I turned it would turn. Since we were the only cars on the street it was too much of a coincidence, and I started to freak out, I thought they were up to no good and perhaps had bad intentions. So the next stop sight I hit I ran through it at full speed with the intention of getting away from them. next thing I know lights are blinking and I realized it was cops that had been following me. of course the a******** still give me a ticket after confirming I was not a threat even though they caused the event.
No, they didn't cause you to run the stop sign, you did that yourself out of your own paranoia. Whether you like it or not, you made that decision all on your own, exactly the same as when I sped up well over the speed limit to get a good distance between myself and a car that was behind me. When it turn out to be a cop car the only person I had to blame was myself. Sure I wouldn't have sped had he not been there, but I still made the decision to do it.
Anyhow, I can totally relate to how someone can react to someone following you!
From what I can tell the following started after TM ran for it. It appears that GZ saw TM walking as he drove past, then thinking he looked suspect, stopped and watched him, then rung 911. TM walked past the truck, then turned around and headed back towards the truck, stared at GZ, then turned around and ran. That's a pretty strange reaction to have.
At the same time there are so many factors like why the hell didn't TM run??
He did. I'd ask the question, why did he turn around and head back towards GZ after running? The claims in another thread that he maybe got lost orthat he fell or ran into a tree just don't seem plausable to me given the area.
Alternatively I can easily imagine GZ following YM being enough to provoke TM to attack GZ, especially if he thought he was in danger.
And I'll restate it again, someone following you is NOT an excuse to attack them. Even if they follow you swearing and yelling at you, that's not an excuse to attack them. Doing so, even if you think they might mean you harm, is assault or worse depending how far you go.
BUT I still don't know enough about how that confrontation came down to make a judgment on it, and we may never know other than what GZ tells us.
No one other than GZ does, which is why I stand where I do. Without knowing who instigated the fight, we can't conclusively state whether it was manslaughter or self defence. The whole who did what previous to that is really totally irrelevant to this fact and merely muddying of the waters. The criminal offence that lead to the death was done when one of them laid their hands on the other, and whoever did that is the one guilty of TM's death.
Many of the GZ is guilty crowd want the truth of what happened before hidden so that they can believe the falsehood that he chased TM down and instigated the fight. From the 911 call, it's clear this is not what happened. Rather it seems that both men made decisions that resulted in them meeting back up after GZ followed to where he thought TM was going and lost him. What happned after that, well as you say, we might never know.