• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Joe Arpaio gives law enforcement a bad name...

Let me get this straight... he´s done ALL THAT, and there are STILL people that praise him?

What kind of banana republic are you?

not only are there worse people for the job (if we look at his term overall), he gets brownie points with the voters who see him as the only defense against some other possibly worse nuts who would like to rule AZ from afar.

Not that he has actually performed that role, he just likes to be able to claim it

His main opposition comes from the usual nuts on the left, and the barry goldwater/classical liberal types on the right who see him as "a Fed"

He was holding his job when the moderates in the left and right weren't up in arms about his nonsense. Now all he has left are the moderate right...good luck with that

See, Chaos? All you have to do is have contempt for the people you think are criticizing him, and he becomes much more supportable!
 
Opposition from nuts on the left. Yeah, those nuts on the left get all uppity when people are tortured to death using electricity. Nuts I tell ya.
 
See, Chaos? All you have to do is have contempt for the people you think are criticizing him, and he becomes much more supportable!

Does he, at least, make the trains run on time?
 
Well, his actions are even reported in the German yellow press. That's got to be an achievement. Somehow. Somewhere.
 
not only are there worse people for the job (if we look at his term overall), he gets brownie points with the voters who see him as the only defense against some other possibly worse nuts who would like to rule AZ from afar.

Not that he has actually performed that role, he just likes to be able to claim it

His main opposition comes from the usual nuts on the left, and the barry goldwater/classical liberal types on the right who see him as "a Fed"

He was holding his job when the moderates in the left and right weren't up in arms about his nonsense. Now all he has left are the moderate right...good luck with that
So all the people who are opposed to Joe's massive cover up for child molesters are 'nuts on the left'?

http://www.azprogress.org/content/a...joe-arpaio-ignored-sex-crimes-and-child-abuse

Same nuts who dared to criticize Joe Paterno and Sandusky at the expense of good old all Amurkin holy football?
 
Opposition from nuts on the left. Yeah, those nuts on the left get all uppity when people are tortured to death using electricity. Nuts I tell ya.

Sure, have your strawmen, I wouldn't really consider that sort of opposition nuts.

When I say nuts I mean nuts, like the ones who demanded entire races and geographical areas be exempt from the law. Part of Joe's charm with the voters, is that when faced with that situation he said "Ok, just don't come crying to me"

When they did come crying to him, it scored him big points yet again.

I call them nuts, you can call them what you want
 
Sure, have your strawmen, I wouldn't really consider that sort of opposition nuts.

When I say nuts I mean nuts, like the ones who demanded entire races and geographical areas be exempt from the law. Part of Joe's charm with the voters, is that when faced with that situation he said "Ok, just don't come crying to me"

When they did come crying to him, it scored him big points yet again.

I call them nuts, you can call them what you want


:eye-poppi I must have missed this. Info please.

I can assure you I am on the left, I use to support Joe (when he was taking porno out of the prisons), and stopped supporting him a few years ago when one scandal after another started to crop up. I have never advocated for the highlighted section of your post. Am I nuts?
 
Last edited:
Let me get this straight... he´s done ALL THAT, and there are STILL people that praise him?

What kind of banana republic are you?

Apparently the best defense is that someone else could have done worse. Faint praise and all...:rolleyes:


He is not my sheriff and I have no say in his elections. We have a great sheriff down here in Pima county.
 
:eye-poppi I must have missed this. Info please.

I can assure you I am on the left, I use to support Joe (when he was taking porno out of the prisons), and stopped supporting him a few years ago when one scandal after another started to crop up. I have never advocated for the highlighted section of your post. Am I nuts?

No you describe exactly the same moderate left that I described in my first post that has now ended support for him

"He was holding his job when the moderates in the left and right weren't up in arms about his nonsense."

I see that everybody wants to read something I didn't say into my posts, but, too bad
 
Just so we're clear before anymore strawmen come up, we made this anti-Joe video a few election cycles ago

http://vimeo.com/2052748

Sorry to wreck everyone's bigotry with the facts, but one can be anti-Joe without being pro all the other nuttery out there
 
Just so we're clear before anymore strawmen come up,

Perhaps you should stop posting them.

we made this anti-Joe video a few election cycles ago

Who is "we?"

Sorry to wreck everyone's bigotry

And what bigotry would that be, exactly? Is everyone prejudiced against Arizonans?

with the facts, but one can be anti-Joe without being pro all the other nuttery out there

Yes, the "nuttery" that you have yet to substantiate.
 
I am a very strong supporter of Law Enforcement in general, but Joe Arpaio is a clown,a buffoon, a idiot who seems more interested in getting on TV then in actually fighting crime.

He makes the LAPD look good...and that is just about the worst thing I can say a Police Department.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom