• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight? He never received any instructions as to appropriate behavior as a neighborhood watch representative? And I don't care if he was on the clock or not. The rules have a purpose. That idiots roll their eyes and think the rules are dumb or just bureaucratic CYA and thus don't apply to them when they are playing cop on their own time isn't something that impresses me. As a judge once told me when I was young and standing before the bench, "we don't have laws against public stupidity but it's not like we don't try".

I honestly don't know if Zimmerman had any racist or malicious thoughts that evening. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, IMO, having a gun and getting worked up over suspicious people wasn't worth the potential of harm to himself or others. There was no evidence that a crime had been committed. There was no evidence that anyone was in imminent danger. Based on what I actually do know I can't find reason for tears.

Martin is dead.

I just meant that I am sure Zimmerman wishes he had made different decisions that day.
 
Huh? You started it.

Okay, you want to go with a certain version of events. Fine with me. I'm not trying to change your mind.
How does the person get close enough to you to punch you in the face? Especially when you are in a car starting off at some distance away and they are on foot?

Note: This thread has thousands of replies so I can't read the whole thing, but I find it curious that you seem to be justifying Zimmerman's actions. If you aren't I apologize.
 
How does the person get close enough to you to punch you in the face? Especially when you are in a car starting off at some distance away and they are on foot?

Note: This thread has thousands of replies so I can't read the whole thing, but I find it curious that you seem to be justifying Zimmerman's actions. If you aren't I apologize.
Are you under the impression he shot him from the car?
 
How does the person get close enough to you to punch you in the face? Especially when you are in a car starting off at some distance away and they are on foot?

Note: This thread has thousands of replies so I can't read the whole thing, but I find it curious that you seem to be justifying Zimmerman's actions. If you aren't I apologize.

Basically, Zimmerman says that as he was walking back to his SUV, Martin approached him and asked why he was following him.
 
You may think so. I don't see Martin's parents demanding an execution. Those of us in this thread who argued in Martin's favor have only ever asked for a trial from the beginning.

That's what I want too, but the mob (Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, and the New Black Panthers....) is looking for an actual conviction as well. I'm not sure how they will react if that doesn't happen.
 
Are you under the impression he shot him from the car?
No, I'm under the impression that Zimmerman's actions weren't justified by what LTC seems to have implied was a reasonable need to observe a suspicious person.
 
You may think so. I don't see Martin's parents demanding an execution. Those of us in this thread who argued in Martin's favor have only ever asked for a trial from the beginning.

That's what I want too, but the mob (Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, and the New Black Panthers....) is looking for an actual conviction as well. I'm not sure how they will react if that doesn't happen.
The mob has made justice very difficult for Zimmerman.
 
Basically, Zimmerman says that as he was walking back to his SUV, Martin approached him and asked why he was following him.
And basically the police on the scene did not believe him, and the location of the shooting suggests he's lying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom