• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've found a FaceBooks of a Trayvon Martin who goes to a school in Chicago. Not the same person

That's what I don't get. I saw one article that quoted Glenn Beck (not that I expect much of Beck) saying Trayvon's facebook page was taken down because his parents had something to hide, trying to bring up his suspension like it was relavent. Trayvon Martin could have been kicked out of school for dealing crack and came up to Sanford to start a prostitution ring. It has nothing to do with whether or not Zimmerman was acting in self defense. Trayvon's potential or imaginary lack of innocence in daily life doesn't make his death any less of a tragedy.
 
I've seen those pictures of him with gold bottom teeth. I haven't seen the gangsta thing. I do think there has been a little bit of a slant, showing the most innocent looking pictures of Trayvon and a seven year old mug shot of Zimmerman but I also have to assume that since Zimmerman and his father went into hiding, I doubt they have any other way to get a more recent picture of him. His mugshot is public record and probably the most easily accessable. I don't think it adds anything to the discussion. Zimmerman's self defense claim won't stand or fall if Martin was or wasn't sporting gold teeth. There are plenty of non-troublesome teens that dress to look a little harder than they are.
I hope people realize gold crowns are superior to porcelain crowns. I have 2 gold crowns on molars and one porcelain crown in front, but if I had less money, I'd have a gold one in the front. The gold ones cost less and are far superior to the porcelain one.
 
You might expect the neighborhood watch guy to pick up on more activity, you know... since he's watching and all.
It the "gated community" was a large proportion of the community, maybe. But I doubt it represents that large a proportion of the area served by that particular dispatch.
 
Come on WC, at least keep it real. If you were Trayvon wouldn't the guy following you make you at least concerned about his motives?
Of course. But I'd need more than that before I attacked him, which is lefty's scenario. And Zimmerman's claim.

I'd certainly call the police if I was that concerned.
 
The picture of Trayvon in the football picture calls him a junior in high school. He was 17 when killed. That pretty much suggests that picture is a current one and that is what he looked like. Trying to claim these images are a false representation of him are suspect.
 
Of course. But I'd need more than that before I attacked him, which is lefty's scenario. And Zimmerman's claim.

I'd certainly call the police if I was that concerned.
Before you attacked him? Puhleese. You keep claiming you are above the fray here and sticking to the evidence. I don't care how you spin it, the evidence does not support Trayvon attacking Zimmerman.
 
It the "gated community" was a large proportion of the community, maybe. But I doubt it represents that large a proportion of the area served by that particular dispatch.

The community reportedly experienced numerous instances of burglary, theft, and one shooting during the previous year, with 402 calls made to the police

The community made the 402 calls.
 
Before you attacked him? Puhleese. You keep claiming you are above the fray here and sticking to the evidence. I don't care how you spin it, the evidence does not support Trayvon attacking Zimmerman.
The evidence shows Zimmerman telling the police dispatcher that Martin ran. By the time the call ended over 30 seconds later Zimmerman had agreed to meet the police near the mailboxes when they arrived. He tells the dispatcher to have the police call him when they arrive.

There is absolutely no evidence thus far that Zimmerman intended to chase down Martin and detain him.
 
Was "the community" the entire town, or just that gated subdivision?

I assumed they were talking about the gated community because they were talking about the recent robberies that people from that gated community have also talked about. They specifically refer to it as his gated community and then shorten it to the community while continuing to talk about the crime.

Some residents of his gated community declared that Zimmerman was known for being strict and that he went door to door asking them to be on the lookout for "young black men who appear to be outsiders", while others regarded him as "normal," "helpful" and "passionate about neighborhood security", having supposedly thwarted a previous burglary attempt. The community reportedly experienced numerous instances of burglary, theft, and one shooting during the previous year, with 402 calls made to the police. According to the Miami Herald, Zimmerman had placed 46 of those calls since the beginning of 2011, "to report disturbances, break-ins, windows left open and other incidents. Nine of those times, he saw someone or something suspicious".[43]
 
Last edited:
It was 46 calls to the police department and only 9 of them were to report someone suspicious. Mind you, in that same year there were 402 total calls to the police from that area.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure where I got ninety plus from.
 
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure where I got ninety plus from.
Are we sure that was all in the last year, and not over 8 years? From the LA Times:
For at least eight years, Zimmerman seems to have been part of a neighborhood watch group, based in his Retreat at Twin Lakes community. During that time he called the police department at least 46 times with reports of various sightings such as open garages and suspicious people, often African American, it was reported.
 
Are we sure that was all in the last year, and not over 8 years? From the LA Times:

I am just going by what the article states. It's possible although possibly a typo since every other news station is reporting over the past year. Then again, they might be the only one's to get it right. Who knows? It seems to be wrong because according to the neighbor's accounts, it was only within the past year or so, that the crime began to get bad in their neighborhood and the neighborhood watch patroling began.
 
Last edited:
Holy crap! When did the years change? Two days ago, it was 40 some odd calls in a year, now it's 8 years. Rush to print much?
 
He had ninety plus calls to 911 correct? Is this a pattern or cherry picking? It could be that he has a lot of calls just as stupid that don't involve black youths.

And of course if he was really obsessed with the break ins, and the suspects in the break ins were all black youths, it would explain it as well.

It might be evidence of racial motives, but as of yet his reported words to neighbors are better evidence of that.

What about the "7-9" year-old boy he called in?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom