bookitty
Philosopher
- Joined
- Jul 26, 2009
- Messages
- 5,732
Your characterization of Zimmerman may be correct (I'm inclined in that direction, but that's just my personal bias) but I think your characterization of the police is a bit off. My understanding is that the police couldn't arrest Zimmerman after they had corroborated his story along with the evidence and eye-witnesses they had due to the current Florida laws. If information surfaced that cast doubt on the original story (which it apparently is), the police could then take Zimmerman into custody and charge him.
Perhaps we'll find out that the police involved were incompetent. But it seems that most of the cries of police misconduct seem to be centered on a misunderstanding or ignorance. Or maybe that's just my personal bias again.
I'll freely admit that my bias against the Sanford PD is based on their past response and cover-up of senseless crimes against people of color.
