• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had heard it before I knew what the claim was. Once primed many people hear what they are told what was alleged to have been said. I'm not sure.

It doesn't need to be clear. It just needs to be enough for the GJ to decide there ought to be a trial. Presumably the authorities have the originals, which are better quality.

"They always get away." is clear to me, and I think that's enough to get him jail time.
 
I read a report that had the words censored and honestly could not tell what the second word was supposed to be until I checked other web sites. Could be "clowns" for all I know.
 
It doesn't need to be clear. It just needs to be enough for the GJ to decide there ought to be a trial. Presumably the authorities have the originals, which are better quality.

"They always get away." is clear to me, and I think that's enough to get him jail time.
I would indeed be very surprised if the grand jury let this particular ham sandwich fall apart.
 
Based on what I know now I would convict but if I was on a jury I believe I could be objective and could acquit if reasonable doubt was raised. I probably wouldn't get on the jury.

It's that whole thing I've heard Dershowitz.... better to let 10 guilty people go free then convict 1 innocent man........ I always wanted to ask him... what about 11?
 
It doesn't need to be clear. It just needs to be enough for the GJ to decide there ought to be a trial. Presumably the authorities have the originals, which are better quality.

"They always get away." is clear to me, and I think that's enough to get him jail time.
I'm not sure that it is enough to get him jail time but I'd be fine with it if it were.
 
It's that whole thing I've heard Dershowitz.... better to let 10 guilty people go free then convict 1 innocent man........ I always wanted to ask him... what about 11?
Dershowitz? No, that is William Blackstone's ratio...
 
It's that whole thing I've heard Dershowitz.... better to let 10 guilty people go free then convict 1 innocent man........ I always wanted to ask him... what about 11?
I'll give you that one. :)
 
Of course he isn't, look at Casey Anthony...

Did she kill a black teen?

The race issue here is not going away, and even if this jackass gets away with murder, he will be sued in civil court, and lose everthing.

Think I'd rather be in jail...
 
Oh... I'll have to find out who that is.
Well, it is a good question... across the board, the legal system could either be tightened to put away a lot more guilty (and innocent) people, or loosened to let a lot more of both walk free. Trying to alter the ratio is pretty hard.

The system we have now is lousy... except when compared to the alternatives.
 
Did she kill a black teen?

The race issue here is not going away, and even if this jackass gets away with murder, he will be sued in civil court, and lose everthing.
That would be great.
 
No one knows who was yelling for help at this point, no witnesses saw it.

I'm not sure why you keep saying it like that!

Surely you have a suspicion that it was more likely to be the victim calling for help?

Unless the gun was only brandished immediately upon firing, I would imagine that the victim was yelling for help from the time he saw the gun to the time he was shot.
 
<snip>

Also, this contradicts what Zimmerman told police. He told them he only got out of the car to look at the street sign and then was attacked from behind as he returned to his car. But the witness on the phone says he confronted Martin.

http://www.theatlantic.com/ta-nehisi-coates/

NPR isn't, but the radical black blogosphere is calling Zimmerman and his father "racial terrorists". Example

---------------------------------------------------------

In other news, the US Justice Dept. and the FBI will now look at the case: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/19/2703029/us-department-of-justice-fbi-and.html

I'm really not sure in what capacity.


I hadn't seen this particular claim before. From your link ...

Zimmerman said he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck, police said. He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.

​

And based on the testimony of a female friend he was speaking to on the phone immediately before he was killed, confirms that he was running away.

Phone records show that he was in fact on the phone with her up until the confrontation with Zimmerman.

Sure seems like Zimmerman is making **** up as he goes.

After reading what parts of Zimmerman's version of the story have been released, how on earth did the police say that nothing contradicted his story?


Has it been confirmed that Zimmerman told that story (highlighted above)?
 
I'm not sure why you keep saying it like that!

Surely you have a suspicion that it was more likely to be the victim calling for help?

Unless the gun was only brandished immediately upon firing, I would imagine that the victim was yelling for help from the time he saw the gun to the time he was shot.
That's one distinct possibility.

Another is that the shooter was thinking that he was in fact making some sort of 'arrest' and was calling for people to come help him subdue the 'suspect'.

Another possibility, is that the shooter had made a decision on some level to pull the trigger, and was yelling 'Help!' to bolster his later self defense claim (advice that is not unheard of in wanna-be/CCW circles).

Deciding which possibility best matches the available facts would work better if we had all the facts.
 
I'm not sure why you keep saying it like that!

Surely you have a suspicion that it was more likely to be the victim calling for help?

Unless the gun was only brandished immediately upon firing, I would imagine that the victim was yelling for help from the time he saw the gun to the time he was shot.
Yes.
 
According to MSNBC, Zimmerman can be heard using a racial slur on uncensored versions of his phone call to the police.

Here's the recording:



At the 1:45 mark, the dispatcher asks Zimmerman what entrance the "suspicious person" is near; Zimmerman tells them, and a few seconds later seems to whisper "these ****** coons" to himself right before the dispatcher asks if he's following the subject.

I isolated it, made it louder, and slowed it down, he either says: ****** cones, or ****** coons.

ETA: It definitely starts with a K sound, so it is not phones as suggested earlier. It is either 'coons' with a southern accent or 'cones'. Perhaps there were those orange road cones somewhere. Or raccoons....
I think the dispatcher heard him say that too because then the dispatcher immediately says:

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Z: Yeah
Dispatcher: OK, we don't need you to do that.

You can tell the dispatcher is serious in how he says that.


More obvious though is: listen to 10 seconds before that at the 1:37 to 1:38 mark in that YT link, something Z says is beeped/cut out there.

Zimmerman: These [censored], they always get away. (In an audio program you can tell that whatever he said has been cut out with [silence].)

Here, this link starts at 1:37:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVwPqXc-bk#t=1m37s

I suggest everyone listen to the 20 seconds or so that starts there.
 
Last edited:
Before the tapes were released, a source at the PD who heard the call stated that what he said at that point was "These (blank)holes, they always get away."
 
Last edited:
Before the tapes were released, a source at the PD who heard the call stated that what he said at that point was "These ***holes, they always get away."


OK, that explains the 1:37 part then.

Checkmite you might want to fix your profanity masking in your last few posts. You can get carded for that.

I realize it is kind of hard, because we are trying to discuss what the word is. Maybe a mod will understand.

Perhaps change it to "the worse form of buttholes", perhaps. Maybe a mod can let us know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom