• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there's lots of things we don't know, and you're probably correct that a clever lawyer will get Zimmerman off the hook here. But thank you for admitting it's unlikely that Zimmerman's scenario is true. I realize that has no weight in court, but I think most people should be outraged by this "likely" miscarriage of justice, if it happens. I hope you are.
You hope that people will be outraged over something because they imagine it will happen?

Do tell.
 
If he couldn't dial he could have instructed the girl to call 911. And Martin's state of mind will certainly be an issue in any trial, if Zimmerman is going to claim he was attacked first.

The straws are over there.....just out of reach.~~~~~>>>

Thanks.
 
Maybe, but all a defense attorney has to do is provide reasonable doubt.

Very true. Al la Casey Anthony.

It wasn't a random person, it was a person he was concerned was after him. And the papers are filled with honor students and choir boys who get convicted of violent crimes, much to the shock of everyone who knew them. So much so that there's the cliche of the serial killer's neighbor who says the guy seemed so nice and and quiet and even helped shovel snow and carry groceries. Hell, everyone who knows the soldier who went on the Afghanistan rampage says he was a nice family man and they're absolutely shocked he could do such a thing.

While true, how many other murders are committed by people who've been convicted of violence, had a history of legal trouble, and were generally scumbags? Much more. I would say 10-1 in favor of the scumbags.


Of course I'm playing devil's advocate, but these are questions the prosecution is going to have to deal with. All the defense needs is reasonable doubt, the prosecution has the burden of proof.

Good, I am actually glad to hear that you don't actually believe the *** that you're posting.
 
I don't think you can start hitting a person for asking you questions, or following you, in any state.

IF you randomly start chasing after someone, it could be considered a threat.

Imagine if that giant tick started chasing you, wouldn't you be afraid? :)
 
The only possible silver lining I can see is that maybe this hideous law will be removed. Maybe Martin's death will prevent others.

Or maybe just revised. I could agree with that.

Or maybe the Sanford Police could do their ****** job instead of half-assing it. They've done that before.
 
That's also a great question. Also, were there powder burns on Martin's body?

Followed by another great question.

I assume the coroner is doing a full report?

I would assume so. I think even with a GSW, in cases like these, all physical markings on the victim would have been noted. That (I believe, but cannot confirm for a certainty) is SOP for all coroners.
 
Am I understanding current reports correctly, was the teenage victim lying on the ground when he was shot?
 
I am actually glad to hear that you don't actually believe the *** that you're posting.

I can't imagine anyone supporting what this jackass did. That is, unless they really hate blacks.


...and who is stupid enough to admit something like that.
 
Am I understanding current reports correctly, was the teenage victim lying on the ground when he was shot?
Unsure. They were struggling together as far as I can tell from the media reports.

One 911 caller says something like 'the one in the white T-Shirt is on top'... The shooter was wearing a red sweatshirt, and the victim a grey one, so that doesn't establish who was at an advantage.

The shooter reportedly had grass stains and a cut on his back, implying (but not proving) that he was on the bottom at some point... again, not sure if that was the point at which the shot was fired, or earlier in the fight.
 
Am I understanding current reports correctly, was the teenage victim lying on the ground when he was shot?

If that is true, (I haven't seen that report, can you link it?) then I would assume it was clear cut murder of the second degree.
 
Florida 'Stand Your Ground' law could complicate Trayvon Martin teen shooting case

MSNBC said:
Legal experts, gun-rights advocates and gun-control groups contacted by msnbc.com offered varying opinions on whether Zimmerman can avoid criminal charges under Stand Your Ground.

According to a 2010 review by the St. Petersburg Times, reports of justifiable homicide tripled after the law went into effect. It has been invoked in at least 93 cases with 65 deaths, used to excuse violence in deadly neighbor arguments, bar fights, road rage and even a gang shootout, the newspaper reported.
 
Last edited:
I think dude needs to be arrested and go do some time... but....

I wonder can my feelings really be proved beyond a reasonable doubt? I'm 95% sure he killed a kid that was at no time a threat to him...... But does the 5% constitute for reasonable doubt?....... Maybe.
 
Last edited:
I think dude needs to be arrested and go do some time... but....

I wonder can my feelings really be proved beyond a reasonable doubt? I'm 95% sure he killed a kid that was at no time a threat to him...... But does the 5% enough for reasonable doubt?.......
Based on what I know now I would convict but if I was on a jury I believe I could be objective and could acquit if reasonable doubt was raised. I probably wouldn't get on the jury.
 
"F***king coons, they always get away." Is all over the internet as the line Zimmerman says...it sounds enough like that for most folks to accept it.

I'm not sure what he says, but it certainly could be the above.

He's done, imo.
 
Last edited:
I think dude needs to be arrested and go do some time... but....

I wonder can my feelings really be proved beyond a reasonable doubt? I'm 95% sure he killed a kid that was at no time a threat to him...... But does the 5% constitute for reasonable doubt?....... Maybe.
You are 95% sure based on what the media has reported so far.

What a jury will be presented with is likely to be not only more accurate, but better organized. Against that, a defense attorney will try to play the best hand they can.

Unless the police (and now the state) is holding back some extreme bit of evidence, or the shooter hires a miracle worker, I'm not seeing the get out of jail free card.
 
"F***king coons, they always get away." Is all over the internet as the line Zimmerman says...it sounds enough like that for most folks to accept it.

I'm not sure what he says, but it certainly could be the above.

He's done, imo.
I wish I had heard it before I knew what the claim was. Once primed many people hear what they are told what was alleged to have been said. I'm not sure.
 
"F***king coons, they always get away." Is all over the internet as the line Zimmerman says...it sounds enough like that for most folks to accept it.

I'm not sure what he says, but it certainly could be the above.

He's done, imo.

Of course he isn't, look at Casey Anthony...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom