Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
Just out of curiosity, to those with a law enforcement background: how commonplace is it for people using a gun while defending themselves to fire only a single shot at their attacker?
Is this true?
What do you mean by "immediate".
Was it within seconds of the shooting, or merely within minutes of the shooting?
Just out of curiosity, to those with a law enforcement background: how commonplace is it for people using a gun while defending themselves to fire only a single shot at their attacker?
Yes, it's true as of today. Zimmerman has not said one word to anyone in the media or Martin's family.
He claimed self defense before Martin's body had stopped bleeding.
Someone mentioned two shots being fired, but I am not sure where I read that and if it is indeed true.
Ah, found one source to mention it here.
Not that I am implying that you know, but I would still like to know if the shooter was saying "self defense" literally immediately, within seconds of the shooting, or if it was after a minute or two.
Witnesses told ABC News they heard Zimmerman pronounce aloud to the breathless residents watching the violence unfold "it was self-defense," and place the gun on the ground
Not that I am implying that you know, but I would still like to know if the shooter was saying "self defense" literally immediately, within seconds of the shooting, or if it was after a minute or two.
Which call was it that two shots were heard on? I only hear one shot on this one:
You seem to have some information that makes you discount this report as an answer to your question, what is it?
I would say minutes based on the recordings of the 911 calls, and the eyewitness accounts.
I'll go back and see if I can hear anything in the audio that I can clearly make out.
Well, I can follow that right up to the point where the police listen to the shooter's narrative, and say 'OK, you can go", and then the Sheriff tells the media that the 911 calls prove that the shooter stated that he didn't know if the victim was black or white... which is utterly debunked by the tapes they finally released.
Just out of curiosity, to those with a law enforcement background: how commonplace is it for people using a gun while defending themselves to fire only a single shot at their attacker?
Well if there is a trial I would expect that the 2 sides will frame just about everything in opposite manners.Sorry to give that impression, it's not that at all. I am, in fact, imagining how one or the other would be used by lawyers and how either would play out to a potential jury.
Pleading self defense mere seconds after the shooting seems a little weird.*
Talking about self defense after a minute or two, on the other hand, would be more "normal".
*As someone pointed out earlier, there really isn't a normal in situations like this. But that doesn't really change how a lawyer might frame it.
Thanks for looking into it.
How did you get from what I said about race being mentioned on the 911 tape, to that non sequitur about something that I've never disagreed with, and in fact have pointed out many times in the past?Just a minor point - The little booklet they send us here in FL. when we get the carry permit says we can't shoot someone simply for hitting us (and there is, so far, no evidence the kid ever hit Z - or even neglected to call him sir). To shoot we have to be in reasonable fear for our lives - or the perp must have invaded our house or functional equivalent.
It ain't vigilantism if it is self defense.
It could have been a confrontation between a Jew and a Black, just guessing from their names. Things heated up, a sot fired in self defense. PD is quiet, letting the edge wear of the new-ness, hoping to prevent wide spread emotions.
Or not, perhaps it was an accidental shooting, "I didn't meant to pull the trigger", but the PD is quiet to also prevent wide spread emotions.
Oh well, we'll see.
How can you get out of your truck against police advice, instigate a fight, get your nose bloodied in said fight, shoot the person you were fighting with, and claim self-defense? If anyone was defending themselves, wasn’t it Trayvon Martin?
Trayvon was under a five-day suspension when he was shot that Sunday night, but Kypriss said it was due to tardiness and not misbehavior.
"Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," the teacher said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."