It prevents health problems for the employee. It increases productivity for the employer. It is good for society. No brainer.
It also reduces abortions.
-Bri
It prevents health problems for the employee. It increases productivity for the employer. It is good for society. No brainer.
Thank you.It also reduces abortions.
-Bri
Again, the source said "modest".Obamacare was solely responsible...
Oops yourself. You disputed that my premiums went up as a result of Obamacare.They have. Your cite confirmed it. My policy and checking account has confirmed it. The % amount that some GOP have claimed, which what you are trying to back peddle with now, has nothing to do with it.
Back peddle again.
I plainly said that the premiums went up due to additional coverage I was forced to pay for.
Obamacare was solely responsible for the premium increase resulting from the additional coverage that was mandated.
Sorry, I couldn't get past the headline, "Health reform makes health care more affordable", when in fact, my health insurance premiums went up as a direct result of Obamacare.
Oh and the rest of the increase, yeah, Obamacare didn't remedy that either, but color me a bit skeptical, just like your cite, that I'll eventually, one day be saving $2,500 per year.
It prevents health problems for the employee. It increases productivity for the employer. It is good for society. No brainer.
Blood transfusions treat anemia, among other things. Antiretrovirals treat HIV infection. The hormones in contraceptives can be used to treat a variety of conditions. The treatment of these conditions serves a public good -eliminating illness, therefore, it's ok to mandate that insurances cover these things over the objections of religious institutions that might have to pay for it.Special pleading.
- Scientology, but your honor blood transfusions are not the same as psychology.
- Jehovah's Witness: But your honor, HIV medicine is not the same thing as blood transfusions.
- Fundamentalist: But your honor, our case is special from all the rest.
Then don't have sex. Or buy your own birth control. Or pay for your own abortions. No one's freedom is being impinged if their insurance doesn't cover birth control.
I think that's a pretty weak argument for mandating coverage. Again, it's widely available and very cheap if not free. You can find it at Target and Wal-Mart for $9 a month.It prevents health problems for the employee. It increases productivity for the employer. It is good for society. No brainer.
Which is an important thing if you already have children and cannot risk getting pregnant again for health reasons, but still want a loving relationship with your spouse. I am going to assume you have never had to deal with a pregnancy (at least I hope not, because I do not get the impression that you are the sort of person on whom a pregnant woman would want to depend for anything) and I will point out that it is staggeringly expensive.Putting aside other uses for it (which would be covered by any insurance plan), contraception is used so that you can have sex without worrying about getting pregnant.
Some women die from it. You are arguing from ignorance.Pregnancy is not an illness.
Crisis pregnancy is a mental health iussue.It's not really a health issue in the same way that blood transfusions and mental health are health issues.
But your life woud totally suck. Kind of hard to keep a marriage going if one partner finds out that there is a medical problem if they concieve.You won't die if you don't have sex.
Condoms don't help a woman who has an irregular menstrual cycle or a tendancy to ovarian cysts or who is allergic to latex.If you don't want to get pregnant but still want to have sex then you can buy your own contraception. It's cheap and in many places you can get it for free.
So again, where is the pressing public need for contraception?
Aaaannnnnd you lost me. Nice burn, but it completely negates anything else you want to say -or at least makes it so I don't really care what you have to say. It's amazing to me that on a forum of critical thinkers that some people just can't argue without resorting to unprovoked personal attacks. Good work.Which is an important thing if you already have children and cannot risk getting pregnant again for health reasons, but still want a loving relationship with your spouse. I am going to assume you have never had to deal with a pregnancy (at least I hope not, because I do not get the impression that you are the sort of person on whom a pregnant woman would want to depend for anything)
Um no, they are forced to add stuff to my policy that I don't want or need. Stuff isn't free you know, well maybe in the case of your coverage, since you get more coverage at a less cost, or so you claim.
If birth control is so cheap, then the argument against covering based on cost burden goes out the window.
So the question becomes, why shouldn't it be covered?
I mentioned that because it is clear that you are not arguing from a broad-enough data base.Aaaannnnnd you lost me. Nice burn, but it completely negates anything else you want to say -or at least makes it so I don't really care what you have to say. It's amazing to me that on a forum of critical thinkers that some people just can't argue without resorting to unprovoked personal attacks. Good work.
Your argument seems to be that if a woman has normal sexual relations with her spouse, she should have to accept the risk that she will become pregnant, whether her health permits it or not.The argument isn't cost burden.
I mentioned that because it is clear that you are not arguing from a broad-enough data base.
Easy choice, it's birth control every time. If that's what she wants of course.There comes a time when reproduction becomes harmful. The woman is then left with a choice of celebicy or birth control.
There's no need to be celibate; use birth control if you want to.That you cannot see what harm celebicy within a marriage can do, you need further education.
I understand the problem. The solution is birth control. Get it, use it, enjoy it.There still exists the possibility that you are too self-centered to grasp the problem even when it is explained to you.
Of course it can. So if you don't want to get pregnant but you still want to have sex, use birth control.For instance, do you deny that pregnancy can be life-threatening at some point?
And yet you still won't answer the question. Your silence speaks volumes.Whatever, dude. . .
Easy choice, it's birth control every time. If that's what she wants of course.
There's no need to be celibate; use birth control if you want to.
I understand the problem. The solution is birth control. Get it, use it, enjoy it.
Of course it can. So if you don't want to get pregnant but you still want to have sex, use birth control.
Just don't force the Catholic Church (or anyone else who might object) to buy it for you. I don't think you grasp what I am arguing here. You seem to think I'm against birth control. I'm not. I'm against mandating that religious institutions purchase it.
So maybe you can answer why it should be mandated?
Just don't force the Catholic Church (or anyone else who might object) to buy it for you. I don't think you grasp what I am arguing here. You seem to think I'm against birth control. I'm not. I'm against mandating that religious institutions purchase it.
So maybe you can answer why it should be mandated?
No. That's flat out not true. Women take it for many reasons other than to stop pregnancy.Birth Control is only intended for one thing: to prevent pregnancy.
This is sticking your head in the sand. People do have sex and it is a public health issue. People make lots of decisions that impact society and their health including smoking, unprotected gay sex, not exercising, poor diet, etc.. We can either do something to help society or not. We choose to help. Now, I'm fine with finding ways to increase personal responsibility. But this idea that people who make bad choices can suck it is rather short sighted and ignorant of human behavior and social health.Then don't have sex.
If there were no impact to society then perhaps. But unwanted children cost society. Women who do get pregnant and have complications increase social costs and decrease productivity. It's good for the individual. It's good for the employer. It's good for society.Or buy your own birth control. Or pay for your own abortions. No one's freedom is being impinged if their insurance doesn't cover birth control.
Not sure how that's a weak argument. Good for the individual. Good for the employer. It's cost negative. Good for society. That's got win painted all over it in my book.I think that's a pretty weak argument for mandating coverage.
I've no problem with that but then the problem is a bit more complicated than that isn't it?Again, it's widely available and very cheap if not free. You can find it at Target and Wal-Mart for $9 a month.
Guttmacher said:source
In short, the scientific evidence and the balance of costs and benefits all point to the same conclusion: As the IOM panel and DHHS work to establish guidelines for women’s preventive care and screenings, they have every reason to incorporate family planning. Such incorporation should include the full range of reversible and permanent contraceptive drugs, devices and procedures; related clinical services necessary to appropriately supply those methods
The argument isn't cost burden.
And yet you still won't answer the question. Your silence speaks volumes.
I guess the solution is to just pass single-payer, maybe Medicare for all. If we are still going to be stuck with the for-profit vampires and are forced to depend on group policies to avoid being turned down for some absurd reason, those group policies should cover everything reasonable.
Women who most need contraceptives for health reasons are not going to be able to afford indivdual coverage, if they can get it at all.