It could be a technical limitation of dropbox. It could be a technical limitation of iWorks apps. ...snip...
Apple's developers have demonstrated such skill over the years that I don't think there is any likelihood your speculations could be true.
And if it were the case that iWork does not support dropbox to force people to use iCloud, as you claim,
...snip...
I haven't gone and checked for myself but from what has been said in this thread about the apps if you want to use a cloud service
from them you
are forced to use Apple's offering.
Do you have special insight into apples business decisions that you don't have into the omni groups ?
Well yes - I've done quite a lot of work with Apple over the
decades, I well remember the wilderness years when Apple would be chasing me around a convention trying to get me to commit to developing for Apple! (And I still have many contacts in Apple.)
But that aside you seem to not understand how this works, if I am talking about Apple I am not talking about
another company. Let me reiterate my comments were about
Apple and some of
their products not a company called Omni and their products.
You claim to know absolutely why apple iworks does not work with dropbox, but you have no idea why omni group apps don't.
First part is an incorrect summary and the second part is a non sequitur.
Humor me. Give me your best guess. Could it be, hmm, i don't know, technical limitations ? Is that possible ?
Again Omni are not Apple, my comments about Apple apply to Apple, whether they also apply to Omni - I have no idea as I have no interest in this company that you seem obsessed with.
It seems to me apple completely revamped notifications in iOS5. So that claim fails.
If you think that equates to a restyling of the OS then I understand how your ignorance of software development means you can't follow my comments.
As to the usability : That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
How true.