• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Andrew Breitbart has died

To pretend that the sludgemonster still had something to offer society would not be decent.
 
Breitbart and the ethics of citizen journalists

Eric Deggans on the Weiner and Sherrod cases, link here. Deggans wrote, "For such an important enterprise news story, a mainstream media outlet would likely have contacted the subject, to get their side on what happened. But Sherrod was forced to defend herself after the misleading video and a pointed column from Breitbart was already published."

Michael Gerson on the NPR affair, which involved a protege of Breitbart's, link here. Gerson wrote, "There is no ethical canon or tradition that would excuse such deception [in the NPR case] on the part of a professional journalist...O’Keefe’s defenders contend that he is not really a journalist but a new breed of 'citizen journalist.' This can be defined as someone who simultaneously demands journalistic respect and release from journalistic standards, including a commitment to honesty."
 
Last edited:
O’Keefe’s defenders contend that he is not really a journalist but a new breed of 'citizen journalist.' This can be defined as someone who simultaneously demands journalistic respect and release from journalistic standards, including a commitment to honesty."
That sick little toad is not a "new breed " of anything. He is just an old-fashioned perjurer.

It is disgusting that the pimp and the sludge monster were ever allowed to pose as some kind of heroes, or that some people were gullible enough to buy the idea or evil enough to promulgate it.
 
You mean the way Breitbart was decent when Ted Kennedy died? If you're going to be a grave dancer, expect to be a dancee too.
No doubt the guy was an a-hole. I have no qualms about giving him the same treatment in death that he gave Kennedy. ;)

Ironically Huffpo seems to be screening out comments that could be viewed as negative towards the guy and gives the impression there's a love fest for him. :confused:

I tried to leave comments 3 different times stating how I wasn't sad the guy was gone and I wouldn't suddenly have reverence for him in death (none crossing the line of decency) and none were published lol.
 
Last edited:
You mean the way Breitbart was decent when Ted Kennedy died? If you're going to be a grave dancer, expect to be a dancee too.
Wow, "Think Progress". So vicious people have vicious sources for vicious rumours and partial truths.

What else is new in the world?

But continue, and pay no heed to commentary such as mine. Oh, and before I forget.....be sure to compare Brietbart to Manson, while looking the other way at dead girls in the river.

You see, Tricky, there's something very basic going on here.

What haters do is hate. Now continue!
 
Last edited:
What haters do is hate. Now continue!

I expect that's exactly what's going to happen. While it's sad the guy died, his actions while living were beyond mere evil. I'm not surprised that some of the many people he libeled, slandered, or otherwise defamed are somewhat upset at his repeated, documented sets of abject lies in service of totalitarian right-wing politics.
 
Wow, "Think Progress". So vicious people have vicious sources for vicious rumours and partial truths.

What else is new in the world?

But continue, and pay no heed to commentary such as mine. Oh, and before I forget.....be sure to compare Brietbart to Manson, while looking the other way at dead girls in the river.

You see, Tricky, there's something very basic going on here.

What haters do is hate. Now continue!
What are you talking about? You absolutely worship haters. You show it in practically every post you make. Now as you may notice, I've not said anything that indicated I was glad he was dead, only that he was a hater and no-one should be surprised that he is hated back. You're are glorifying in the hatred expressed by some others here, and I can probably guess why. You think that justifies your own poisonous hatred. Well I'm tellin' you Mhaze, there are those of us here that don't play that game. If you think this puts chips on your side of the board, you are dead wrong.

I do believe in speaking what I think is the truth about a person, be they live or dead, and I said when Ted Kennedy died that he had many deep flaws, but he also did much good. Maybe Andrew Brietbart did some good to balance his hateful stuff, but I'm having a hard time finding any of it. All I see of his legacy is gutter-diving and often slandrous "exposes". Still, he was respected by many, and I do not celebrate that anyone dies young. I wish he had lived long enough to mature. I hope you live a long time too.
 
I wasn't until I found out he helped found the Huffington Post. Rot in hell, Breitbart!
 
Wow, "Think Progress". So vicious people have vicious sources for vicious rumours and partial truths.

So they lied about Breitbart's tweets about Kennedy right? Made them all up? Or, at least, made even one of them up, right?

Right?
 
I'd rather he realized what horrid, hateful, damaging things he was doing and decided to start being ethical in his criticisms and advocacy. It's better if he had grown to understand why what he did was so wrong, and come to feel deep personal regret and pain for the wrong he hath wrought.

I'm not glad he's dead, but it doesn't detract from my criticisms of him and now he doesn't have a chance to address them.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom